Search Unity

Can share my private material to get a mmo online shopping prototype ?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by hdswb, Dec 14, 2011.

1. hdswb

hdswb

By now, I bought a lot of add on, assets,projects and tutorials about various aspects of unity3d.but I stll need a prototype which can be used by a e-shopping system based on massive multiple online game. I wonder if somebody can share their prototype or give me some valuable information about this field. Of course, I can share any my material with him or her if the information given help me a lot.please leave your details here or pm me.I will respond you asap.thanks for your help!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. appels

appels

explain 'shopping system based on mmo' please.

3. hdswb

hdswb

no problem, it means this shopping system can direct players to sale links of real products that is prototype of game props in a massive multiple on-line game platform

4. fholm

fholm

@hdswb: What you are describing is a HUGE project, unless you have bought assets for a $100000+ then the amount of work your asking for what you are willing to "pay" (since it wont PAY anything, I can't buy food for your assets) is ridiculous . Plus I doubt that the licenses for the assets allow you to re-sell them.

5. appels

appels

yep i agree with fholm, this is a huge project and you'll need to invest alot of time in the system and security. And then there is the legal part also.

6. hdswb

hdswb

thank you for your responding. maybe some misunderstanding arise. i will introduce it in details.
    first of all, i am a student who is studing architecture and want to combine certain software in my filed and game enviroment.
    next, let me introduce the project i am working
    In recent years, web-based e-procument is becoming increasingly popular since it makes daily shopping more convenient and fast. If it is possible to add essential elements of e-shopping to this game-based design platform in game environment, this will absolutely bring more business opportunities and financial support to this platform. when designers or design users do equipment or interior layout arrangement, if they can choose the construction components or materials including the providers’ information details on their own profile and link to buy these real products from different companies(cetainly sign a contract with the companies first), the users of this game platform can compare and order these products directly and efficiently from the online providers’ shops so as to save the time of tedious selection and acquisition in real world.

i donot want to sell any asset i bought from Unity3d store before. what i mean is to send them free to someone who can provide valuable information about my platfrom if they need them since i treated the guys who help me a lot as my friends.

i made the Unity3d assets mysel by maya or 3ds max f, which play a middleware between customers and sale companies in game environment .

this design platform is a little bit like some small house decorating game. you can choose the virtual construction components or materials i made myself from Inventory GUI.

what i asked is whether i can allow the virtual construction components or materials (i made as prototype) in Unity3d to link the suppliers’ details for selling according real products (real alternatives acoording to game props prototype) in real word. how?

hopefully, i illustrated it clearly. did i make sense?

thanks for your help !

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  7. hdswb

hdswb

any ideas about the above illustration, please?

i know it is huge project. but i am doing a research now, so it is more important to prove that method can be available and give some simple examples rather than producing that complicated system in details.

thanks for your help

8. goat

goat

I think I understand what you're saying. I considered a similar idea but it's a massive undertaking.

Creating a virtual customizable house and virtual Ikea and decorate the custom house with Ikea's furniture. Study shopping cart, payment, and shipping APIs. Integrate these. Honestly I don't think you need a virtual Ikea, just a virtual house to put virtual Ikea furniture in. I don't know about here in the US but they are pretty dang hard to find things in if you are not just window shopping.

There are plenty of free 3D models of furniture for you to create a virtual catalogue to decorate the house and associate that furniture with an Ikea (or other store) online equivalent.

There are these Swedes working somewhat similar angle to what you are thinking I think. Here is there web site:

http://www.lovemyhome.net/default.aspx?lang=en?lang=en

Since Ikea is Swedish maybe they have interest in collaborating with you to create a virtual store.

The scale of such a catalogue means you don't even worry about populating it, whatever Ikea (or whoever) puts in their inventory is what you show in your store. But how would develop the 3D models for the system? Unless you find a way to automate it (or I reckon Ikea actually has models their designers have created) from pictures it's not practical. Ikea is all about efficiency so maybe they have interest to avoid returns.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  9. hdswb

hdswb

thank you for your suggectes. i am happy you unserstand my ideas. since there is a plenty of sources in this forum. i am looking for a prototype or method which can make this idea come true using unity3d game engine. the link shows parts of my idea but not all. can unity3d make a virtual customizable house like that? is there any materials or prototype introduce a system like what the link show?

10. kondrup

kondrup

Hi Goat - Not Swedish but Danish ;)