Search Unity

Unity 3d Tutorial in Greek

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by it9760, Dec 11, 2011.

1. it9760

it9760

Hallo everyone!

Do you happen to know if there is a Unity 3d tutorial in Greek?

Kind Regards,

Maria

2. Diviner

Diviner

Pardon my Greek guys but there is a language barrier here with the OP. Feel free to warn me if it's against forum rules.

Μαρία καλώς ήρθες στα forums. Δυστυχώς δεν υπάρχουν απ' όσο γνωρίζω ελληνικά Unity tutorials. Εγώ ανεβάζω youtube tutorials αλλά είναι στα αγγλικά και δυστυχώς δεν έχω τον απαιτούμενο χρόνο να τα μεταφράσω...

Μπορώ να σε φέρω σε επαφή με άτομα που θα σε βοηθήσουν αν θες, αλλά για μαθήματα, καλό θα ήταν να αρχίσεις να μαθαίνεις αγγλικά.

3. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Diviner,

In this context, there is no problem.

As long as I can say "It's all Greek to me..."

(^_^)

4. mariosger

mariosger

hello!!!!
    I am from Greece and i would like to contact with someone whos from to greece to ask him some some questions
    pls reply!!!!!

5. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

6. Diviner

Diviner

We already have HGDA which is Government sanctioned. Do you intend to make a Unity exclusive community? I don't see the merits to that. We have very few game developers in Greece, further fragmenting our community to sub-groups seems counter productive, as many Greek devs work in platforms outside of Unity. Even if you were to make a Unity-only community, why restrict it to Athens? HGDA is stationed in Athens but has members throughout the country.

If I were to suggest anything, it would be to make a multi-lingual support set of subforums in these forums, Greek section included.

7. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

Hi,
    I should be writing "informal" instead of unofficial - my bad. I wish to have meet-ups, in the spirit of LUUG.

Yes and it works great - if you treat game development as a business - not as a hobby / passion.

The term exclusive has an elitist nuance that does not really expresses my point of view - Unity only ? Yes.

Indeed but with HGDA things improve - it is a great move. Also, since I first searched the unity forums back in 2008 many new Greek developers appeared, including one that makes nice tutorials :p This is a good reason for creating such events, game development with Unity is something that few people do here - so it is hard to share views and ideas with someone you meet in a bar on game development.

It is more a "people with same interests lets meetup" than "Unity holds the one and only answer, in hex base". I do not see how this could fragment any community - it is about people meetups.

Why not making meetups in Thessaloniki ? Or in Leros where I come from ? All it takes is a a place to sit and a cup of coffee. Athens is where I currently live so it makes sense to suggest a place where I can participate. I lived in Rhodos and in Thessaloniki for some years, too bad we hadn't have the chance to meet ( I live in Athens since Octomber 2010, before that I stayed in Thessaloniki for 2 nice years ). It would be great to have meet - ups where Unity developers exist, be it in in Athens, Thessaloniki or other place !

A good idea IMO too.

Since I started that thread I have been contacted from 5 - 6 people with which we had the chance to meet, share views and ideas. It helped me a lot to re-think my strategies and expanded my views. It is something I wish to spread, has nothing to do with business or promotion ( I should have cleared it up earlier, sorry about confusion ) since indeed HGDA covers that base nicely. It has to do with people sharing views and ideas over a cup of coffee ( or a beer ).
    Thanks for the feedback,
    -Ippokratis

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  8. BlackArcane

BlackArcane

Hey guys :) Greek Game Dev here. Creating a forum or even a Facebook group for Greek Game Devs sounds great. We could even collaborate and create the first "made in Greece" game :)

9. Diviner

Diviner

I suspect you refer to the first "made in Greece with Unity" game, since many greek devs have made games in the past, either browser based (Flipped Horizons makes a new one every week), desktop (the 1821 RTS was made by sds) and mobile games by indie devs. HGDA even made a political awareness game as a multi-dev collaboration project against the death penalty. And let's not forget Darkfall MMORPG which is published by Aventurine (located in Athens).

Though not nearly as active as I'd like, Greece shows signs of activity on the game development industry every now and then. If you want to meet other greek game devs, I'd suggest visiting HGDA's facebook group.

10. Giorgos

Giorgos

Hey guys, newbie here.
    I just wanted to ask if unity 3.x game development essentials is available to any bookstore here in greece.

Also any tips how to change my username cause i typed my name in greek and as i'm seeing it doesn't recognize greek characters.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  11. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

Hi George,
    I suggest purchasing the pdf ebook version.
    Kind regards,
    -Ippokratis

12. Giorgos

Giorgos

Thanks for the tip.
    I guess i'm gonna have to get myself a credit card then.
    I hope in the near future that the book finally hits the shelves to our country as well.

13. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

14. aggelosmetallidis9

aggelosmetallidis9

http://unitygr.forumotion.com/

Hello, here you can find a forum for unity where you can ask your questions and make discussion with other members ;)

15. unity_1os17zxMyCQmHA

unity_1os17zxMyCQmHA