Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

List of Tutorials and Resources

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Adam-Buckner, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

This is work in progress.

There are lots of resources out there, but sometimes they are hard to find. I'll be updating this list as and when I get the chance. Any suggestions should be left as replies to this post. Don't be offended if I incorporate the links into the main body and then clean up the reply.

Video Tutorials from Unity

List of Tutorials Resources on UnityAnswsers
    List of Tutorials Resources from "Unity Support" on this forum

Walker Boys
    InsurgentX
    TornadoTwins
    BurgZergArcade
    BurgZerg RPG Tutorials
    Catlikecoding: Unity Tutorials

More to come!

An u vetted link to a forum member's page:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/collection-of-unity-tutorials.234490/#post-2246364

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. pauloaguiar

pauloaguiar

Tutorials organized and only free, in one place is a good idea;)

3. Nomad72

Nomad72

Thanks, LittleAngel... very helpful!

4. Diviner

Diviner

You can also add TornadoTwins on the list. It's a good point for beginners, and they don't intimidate people by diving straight into deep waters. I know a few people in these forums have issues with the twins (I've also read a few hate posts in the past against them) but their tutorial is still pretty solid.

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  5. Hujo

Hujo

thank you so much!!

6. KatanaSim

KatanaSim

7. DayyanSisson

DayyanSisson

The CG Cookie tutorial series has just added Unity as one of it's topics. Still at it's very early stages, but is growing very fast. Mostly free, but they do have some premium tutorials :

http://cgcookie.com/unity/

8. Cody Chaos

Cody Chaos

9. Cody Chaos

Cody Chaos

this has helped me out a lot, thanks guys :)

10. brown2na

brown2na

I tired tornado twins and their scripts for unity do not work now in the beginning tutorial making the worm with the canon :/

11. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

12. zooboy123

zooboy123

Is there a tutorial about RPG's. We are trying to create one for our school project but we don't know how and where to start..this is our first try to do one and use unity...pls help!

13. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

14. tyoc213

tyoc213

I was doing something like that in my signature... thought not all of them I guess, also I have found some nice ones on youtube I think.

15. eteeski

eteeski

Hi Little Angel, could you add my tutorials to this list? It's ETeeskiTutorials on youtube. I try to make my tutorials fun to watch. As far as I know, I have the only unity tutorials that are lecture based and use a green screen. Right now i have a tutorial set that is a total of 7 hours teaching how to make a first person shoot from scratch.
    Thanks.
    Here's the link to the channel:
    youtube.com/eteeskitutorials

16. Oldham97

Oldham97

100% add eteeski tutorials to the list him and insurgentX make the best tuts because they give lots of information about the scripts

17. eteeski

eteeski

thanks man :) it looks like insurgentX is really giving me a run for my money, lol. we both started at the same time and both have the same number of tutorials. I skimmed through his stuff, it looks pretty cool and advanced. I think I'll sit through his tutorials. He seems to know a lot of things I could learn.

18. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Why dont you combine this thread with this one

19. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

My primary reason for keeping them separated is that I wanted to keep a distinction between Unity related learning and Language related learning. I feel that understanding languages and object oriented scripting is a different subject from the Unity editor and game design.

20. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Ok that make sense... anyways good thread.... we need more good quality tutorials that list is kinda short

21. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

What is deceptive is the list above links to lists of lists! I need to get the time to vet these lists to make sure I only post good ones in the main thread.

22. Nomad72

Nomad72

I've not gone through all of those tutorials, but I can vouch for both the Walker Boys and the BurgZerg Hack-slash-rpg tutorials. The Hack and Slash tuts in particular are truly excellent from a C# coding perspective.... even if you are not interested in 3d RPG games, those tutorials will teach you a ton of useful coding stuff.

I'm about to look at the eteeski videos, will provide my noob opinion on them later.

Edit: the Hack and Slash tuts are probably not suitable for complete beginners, but are amazing as the "next step".

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  23. Dvimay

Dvimay

Really Thanks for update Angel

24. ashenk69

ashenk69

I have a Youtube channel that contains a lot of videos on the RTS game I am making in Unity and I was wondering if you could possibly add it to the list. I haven't found much help with RTS topics so a lot of it is trial and error and a lot of testing. I have all of my RTS videos stored in a playlist called Unity RTS Binary.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ashenkster69

25. moceans

moceans

I am grateful that you have given us long list on tutorial is which really going to help me. Thank you.

26. insominx

insominx

Hey guys, there are lots of great resources out there and I want to add another to the mix.http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL27731C68C4315625&feature=view_all. It's purpose is to provide short, focused presentations on more niche material that hasn't already been covered elsewhere.

Also, if you have a request for a topic that can be easily covered in 10 minutes or less, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
    Michael

27. bellasusan162

bellasusan162

Thanks for sharing the tutorials it’s really helpful for the new beginners to make the scripts.

28. tulisaroberts

tulisaroberts

Thanks for posting these tutorials on creating the scripts and helps me to do my projects

29. hathzynx

hathzynx

Hey I'm Hathzynx and I'm starting to make unity tutorials on youtube. I'd love it if you add my tutorials to the list, i'll be adding many more tutorials all the time.

here's a link to the playlist of all the tutorials i've made so far: Here

30. TMD

TMD

I'll be using this alot lol!

31. bajajriya

bajajriya

This is more help full for people learn tutorial

32. GTGD

GTGD

My tutorials for series 1 are complete and ready to be added to the list. It's 30 hours of video tutorials showing how to build a prototype multiplayer fps. This is the Unity forums page I've been using.

Thanks for your consideration.

33. Soviut

Soviut

34. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Cool! Thanks! I'll look these over as soon as I wrangle a moment of free time!

35. JasmineRice

JasmineRice

Thanks for sharing these useful tutorials. This truly helpful for me to study and also study and learn for others too.

36. cmaverick

cmaverick

THX a lot, Mr. Admin..

37. eimink

eimink

38. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

39. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

I'd like to request that my series be put up on this list. :)

40. Xenosmash

Xenosmash

Do you mind if I throw my Youtube channel into the mix? I have a little over 50 video tutorials mostly covering Unity 4 and some Unity pro tutorials. I plan on having quite a bit of tutorials and will add three videos a week. You can also check out my website at xenosmash.com. Hope you enjoy my tutorials, thanks.

41. vexe

vexe

42. NirmalPrime

NirmalPrime

IT helped!!!:D

43. perick

perick

We just published another open source project on our blog and github. It's called spooky, a simple game that is designed to help inexperienced programmers begin to learn Unity: http://sertaogames.com/2013/10/04/simple-unity-game-for-free/

$spooky03-maze.png

The game use just Unity's basic Cubes for walls, player and enemies, and only 5 very simple scripts.

This game was inspired by the game in this this video, but simpler to be more beginner-friendly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hfCYKrfp0g

Anyone can try to improve the code an make it as complex and challenging as the one in the video.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  44. Cross_J

Cross_J

This is a big pool of information XD

45. faust1967

faust1967

what's cool is it makes sense now. I can spot mistakes and reproduce them. Damn you! Now I have to bury myself into it again. to all the newbs, get a 2 monitor setup...

46. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Freddy888 likes this.
  47. anyanmw

anyanmw

It's great,I am new here ,happy to know the unity3D!

48. DyrdaOrg

DyrdaOrg

I found out 100% discounted course on Udemy.com - 3D Video Game Development with Unity 3D
    https://www.udemy.com/3d-video-game...ponCode=TLDUNI3D&affcode=E0EadVdSQHQLQhtzXUA=
    currently is 0$ but other sold out pretty fast (the regular price of this is 199$)
    and yes this is the affiliate code but it's 0$ (I'm using it to tracking responses - nothing more). Also I found out that this is the course available here:
    http://walkerboystudio.com/html/unity_training___free__.html - so no need to pay later
    It's great opportunity I think at the moment cause it's free and you can after completion of the course post certificate to LinkedIn profile :)

If you like the idea of learning via Udemy - don't forget to check out my site: http://jan.dyrda.org/html/udemy_coupons.html - visually not so great by updated daily with 100% discounted coupons.

49. petersmith

petersmith

Useful information thanks for sharing such great post with us. Keep on posting.

50. Janalai

Janalai