Search Unity

Fatal Error: Database or Disk is Full

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Senkusha, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Senkusha

Senkusha

Hi! I recently re-installed Unity. I have noticed that I do not have access to any of the Assets, including the default ones that load with a fresh install of Unity. Every time I attempt to either import an Asset or create a new project and select an Asset, I receive the the error message: Fatal Error: Database or Disk is Full.

I am not sure which database Unity is complaining about, nor do I have any idea where to look. I have over 53 GB free on my hard drive, so I really don't think it's a storage issue. I have tried to delete every file from Unity including my old projects in my Documents folder. After another re-install with no success, I modified the privileges on all the Unity files in both locations, my Documents Library (user + public) and the Program Files (x86), removing any Read Only flags, and assigning Full Control to my username within Windows. I have also attempted to run the Unity.exe application as an Administrator, still with no luck.

I am not really sure where else I can look for help. I have tried a few Google searches and a Forum search. I was able to find a post on the Answers.Unity web forum, however, there have been no solutions identified. Please help me out :)

I am running a Windows 7 64-bit Operating System.

I noticed one other thing. As I re-installed Unity for the second and third times, I saw that when I attempted to launch Unity at the final stage of the Setup, that an error message came up stating that Unity encountered an error while starting up. At which point, Unity shuts down. I should also mention that the only option I have with the Fatal Error listed above is to quit Unity.

I am not sure if this is related, however, it did lead me to this point. I attempted to add a directional light and a terrain to my Scene, however, when I did so, I saw no light, nor any ground plane for the terrain. I believe this is occurring because the Assets refuse to load?

Thank you!

2. Senkusha

Senkusha

Where can I find out what database Unity is trying to access? Maybe it's corrupted? In a location I haven't been able to find yet?

Please, anybody?

3. Dreamora

Dreamora

database = projects /Library folder

are you sure your RAM is fine and not failing misserably or that it is just underspeced? or do you have an over agressive antivirus solution? if installers fail you have some major problem.

4. Senkusha

Senkusha

OMG! Thank you SO MUCH! I never thought my anti-virus would be the cause of this nightmare. I set it to "Gaming Mode" (Immunet 3.0) and tried to import an Asset and now it WORKS!

Thank you!!!!