Unity Community

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Batching Tools

1. Posts
    Just got my copy! Am very pleased and a few queries…

- After combining, my light map disappeared. How do I get it back on the combined objects?

Edit: I found the batching method menu and I also understand the stuff below so you can ignore it. The original group stayed because it still contained my collision geometry but disabled all the meshes. The only thing I'm confused about is my lightmap and how I can batch the light map together? Many thanks

//Old: I'm confused… There seems to be 3 groups now… the original group of objects, a new batched group of objects, and a third group which is a copy of the original group but disabled. — Is this how it's meant to work? I thought it would simply replace my original group with the batched group.

Last edited by Essential; 04-03-2012 at 06:19 AM.

2. Posts
    i just bought this product its brilliant but,after batching i then bake a beast lightmap and it gets lots of odd artifacts all over the place,and its only on the batched meshes,can you help please.
    just another note after reading about bake lightmaps before batching i did that and soon as i batch the shadows disappear
    Last edited by paul4tune; 04-03-2012 at 08:34 AM.

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4tune View Post
    i just bought this product its brilliant but,after batching i then bake a beast lightmap and it gets lots of odd artifacts all over the place,and its only on the batched meshes,can you help please.
    I'm having the same problem. I realized I needed to redo my lightmap after combining (I'm unsure why the manual states to do lightmapping before combining) but it still has artifacts. Tiling is set to 1,1, Offset is 0,0 and all textures are set to Clamp.

4. Posts
    im just doing a little test now with one batched item if that doesnt work then i cant lightmap batched meshes,which makes the hole thing a waist of time

Quote Originally Posted by Essential View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I realized I needed to redo my lightmap after combining (I'm unsure why the manual states to do lightmapping before combining) but it still has artifacts. Tiling is set to 1,1, Offset is 0,0 and all textures are set to Clamp.

5. Posts
    doesn't work i did my lightmapping before batching,i then batched my meshes,soon as it finished batching the shadows removed from the batched meshes,unless im missing something,

the only other thing i can think of,is it only supports single lightmaps.
    no this doesnt work either,im at a loss
    Last edited by paul4tune; 04-03-2012 at 09:02 AM.

6. Posts
    doesn't work i did my lightmapping before batching,i then batched my meshes,soon as it finished batching the shadows removed from the batched meshes,unless im missing something,

the only other thing i can think of,is it only supports single lightmaps.
    no this doesnt work either,im at a loss
    Just curious, is your object using a repeating texture? Like a cube for example?

7. Posts
    no just normal 512x512 texture atlases,another thing to add is that the light map works fine when casting shadows on other things but it cant cast a shadow from the same meshes

Just curious, is your object using a repeating texture? Like a cube for example?

8. Posts
    If it helps to see my problem, here's my combined scene when lit by lights…

…and here it is after processing the lightmapping…

9. Posts
    does anyone have his email,

10. Posts
    does anyone have his email,
    You could private message him, but Ippokratis is pretty good at replying in this thread. I'm sure it won't be longer than 24 hours or so =]

11. Posts
    lightmapping with batching

lightmapping without batching

it would be nice to get some reply,if communication is going to be an issue then maybe you should provide some kind of email

12. Location
    Athens, Greece
    Hi,
    Essential and paul4tune : Thanks for the feedback and suport
    The problems that you are facing with lightmaps are usually produced by using meshes with overlapping uvs or uvs outside the 0-1 range.
    Overlapping uv means that more than one uv coordinates correspond to the same pixels on a textureName:  comp_shadedUVs.png
Views: 354
Size:  48.8 KB
    In the above picture, you can see how a uv map with overlapping uvs looks like.
    For instance, the cube prefab in unity has overlapping uvs.
    The above limitation is described in the documentation. You can also see me having problems with overlapping uv in one of the video tutorials The idea is that the models do batch without problems but the lightmaps and the normal maps are messed up. So, make sure that you do not use overlapping uv.
    If it is not the case, would you like to provide some example scene so I could test 'em out ?
    -Ippokratis
    Attached Images  
    Colored Shadows
    Batching Tools
    : Batch draw calls easily.
    Toon Shader Mobile: Good for mobile, fast and beautiful.
    Toon Shader Desktop: Good for desktops, more advanced.
    Thyella : A small game prototype on Kongregate

13. Posts
    Ahh I bought the pallets of the asset store so didn't do the uvs,looks like I'll have to export the meshes and redo them myself,is it possible to overlap different objects,like if i have 2 different pallets on the same uv,

Quote Originally Posted by Ippokratis View Post
    Hi,
    The problems that you are facing with lightmaps are usually produced by using meshes with overlapping uvs or uvs outside the 0-1 range.
    Overlapping uv means that more than one uv coordinates correspond to the same pixels on a textureName:  comp_shadedUVs.png
    The above limitation is described in the documentation. You can also see me having problems with overlapping uv in one of the video tutorials The idea is that the models do batch without problems but the lightmaps and the normal maps are messed up. So, make sure that you do not use overlapping uv.
    If it is not the case, would you like to provide some example scene so I could test 'em out ?
    -Ippokratis

14. Posts
    ok i exported the pallet re uv'd it without overlapping any uvs at all,and i got the exact same outcome,so whats next

Quote Originally Posted by Ippokratis View Post
    Hi,
    -Ippokratis
    Last edited by paul4tune; 04-05-2012 at 02:03 PM.

15. Location
    Athens, Greece
    Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback, the sample scene you send hopefully will help me to spot the problem,
    I will try to solve this issue this weekend.
    -Ippokratis
    Colored Shadows
    Batching Tools

16. Posts
    Ah, so I can't have a uv repeat OR repeat the texture around an object. So the only way I can use an identical texture that repeats on every face of a cube is to create a texture map that simply repeats itself 6 times within the texture, like this?

Is this correct?

17. Posts
    i already did that and got the same results

Ah, so I can't have a uv repeat OR repeat the texture around an object. So the only way I can use an identical texture that repeats on every face of a cube is to create a texture map that simply repeats itself 6 times within the texture, like this?

Is this correct?

18. Location
    Athens, Greece
    Hi,
    After some tests, I realized that the lightmap support is broken.
    The new way Unity handles lightmaps in 3.5 version is not compatible with Batching Tools in its current version.
    Thanks a lot for bringing this issue to my attention, I will try to resolve this ASAP.
    You can also consider a full refund if you wish. It is handled by Unity Asset Store, but if you have any problems with the process, contact me personally. My email is ippobour at gmail com.
    Colored Shadows
    Batching Tools

19. Posts
    It's okay. I believe you can fix it, Ippokratis.

20. Super Moderator
    he's the man. I'm sure he will come to a solution.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast