Search Unity

Unity3D Platformer Tutorial Series - No Experience Needed

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by KheltonHeadley, Nov 27, 2011.

1. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Well hello, I have been working on a platformer tutorial series for the last few weeks and I thought I should share it will you all, I cover a lot of things and some are still to come but if you have any suggestions at all I will be sure to add them, so here we go.

Youtube
    Blog

First Video

For other videos, check out my youtube channel and my blog, although my blog is like 0.01% done.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. DrPygameNewb

DrPygameNewb

Do you cover animation and main menus? Or do you cover basic gameplay mechanics?

3. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

All! In time it will all be done! Check out my channel for other videos.

4. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Um whats the point of these, I watched a few and their not that appealing.. I guess they would be good for someone who is a complete noob...

Your just a kid! I know you know your way around unity, but What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with these videos? I dont mean to sound like a a** but I think you should wait a year or so before you try to do a tutorial and then re do these. Without mistakes...

5. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Have you ever done anything? I am only trying to help, I can complete my own project, and teach. Mistakes? So your saying if I wait a year mistakes won't exist? Hhahaha. And yes, they are for people who are complete "noobs".

6. DrPygameNewb

DrPygameNewb

Like to see how you would cover making a main menu and managing levels(selecting a level, unlocking). Don't see many youtube tutorials that cover that topic.

7. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Well I worked on the main menu and worked on LevelUp Script. Check out my channel. I'm working on it but I've been busy this past week.

8. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Adding AI in the video i'm recording right now! Also added PickUp quests. Have fun! :)

9. mantisspider

mantisspider

I just saw your first tutorial. I am a complete unity noob and found your tutorial very easy to follow. Looking forward to playing around after watching more of your work.

10. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

*Update*

I am going to be adding a level selection screen for continue. So look forward to that.

11. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Thanks, I love to see people who are complete noobs learning. :D

12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Update: After Episode 50, I will be starting an advanced series which will be 51 to 100. It will contain advanced things like multiplayer, level editor, high scores, character creator.

Cheers
    Khelton

13. parsed

parsed

Too many video's. XD. I like the quick 2-page codeprojects... why can't there be unity tutorials like those. n.n

14. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Lot's of videos yes, but I said I will be uploading single and short series videos when I find some more time. And it won't only be Unity.

Cheers
    Khelton

15. sombra

sombra

Hey, Khelton. Your videos are being very helpfull to me. I would like to know where I can get that PlatformmerControllerScript that you use in your first video, 'cause your blog seems to be under construction =(

16. Kale

Kale

Ignore him....

Nice to see these actually. With mistakes and all. Mistakes often help people learn better than just straight through. I haven't seen your vids yet but, do you explain your mistakes? Would be a nice change, than people glossing over them.

17. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Whenever I make a mistake in a video I show the views what I did wrong and how to fix it, I'm had many pms from people who like when I explain what I am doing. So yes I do!

Cheers
    Khelton

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I love the tutorials from Khelton. Yes, they are for noobs (lucky) because Iam on of them and I just learned .js only by watching your tutorials. Thank you Khelton for your hard work!

19. danteson

danteson

Originally Posted by KheltonHeadley

Have you ever done anything? I am only trying to help, I can complete my own project, and teach. Mistakes? So your saying if I wait a year mistakes won't exist? Hhahaha. And yes, they are for people who are complete "noobs".

Wow your a real idiot.