Search Unity

Atmospheric Scattering - LIVE on AssetStore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dox, Nov 16, 2011.

1. dox

dox

Atmospheric Scattering Asset​

$promo.png

Introduction​

Atmospheric scattering asset is implementation of Sean O’Neil’s method (described in GPU Gems 2, Chapter 16. Accurate Atmospheric Scattering) for Unity3D. It allows to realistically simulate light scattering in planet’s atmosphere, which causes glow around the planet and transition between sky colors at sunrises and sunsets.

Method is based on a concept of rendering two spheres - one for a planet and one for an atmosphere. Each is rendered with specific material (shader). Additionally, different materials are used, depending on whether camera position is inside or outside the planet’s atmosphere. Thus, there are four materials in total.

Calculations of scattering are quite complicated. Optical depths and light scattering in points visible through the atmosphere are computed by numerical integration. Most calculations are performed per vertex (in vertex shader) and the rest (much less) per pixel (in pixel shader).

Designed algorithm assumes thickness of the atmosphere is equal to 2.5% of planet radius and this parameter is constant.

We are also including to this project SpaceShip model with engine particle effects, ShipControl (shift to speed up), Space Dust, One SpaceBox from our HD Spacebox Collection and all you see on screenshots.

WEB PLAYER DEMO AVAILIBLE HERE
    http://status-c.pl/5/unity/scattering/#unity

INPUT CONTROLERS:
    - mouse flying control
    - w, s to speed and slow
    - a, d rotation control
    - shift to speed up

PRICE : 35$

ASSET STORE LINK:​

MORE INFORMATION IN MANUAL
    View attachment $Manual.pdf

2. dox

dox

bump

3. moctezumagames

moctezumagames

really nice and interesting.

4. norby

norby

Beautiful very good

Norby

5. Goldfinger

Goldfinger

This asset store currently doesn't download since the v1.3 update just hangs link appears to be broken

6. nuverian

nuverian

Looks good Dox.

7. wsworin

wsworin

Indeed download does not work. Bought it on Asset store - it won't download!

8. scionious

scionious

I'm fresh meat when it comes to Unity, and I'm not sure if I've got something amiss in my project, but I'm getting some Unknown Identifier compiling errors (BCE0005) for 'isSupported' and ReportAutoDisable in DepthOfFieldScatter.js, NoiseAndGrain.js, and Tonemapping.js I'd rather not mess anything up trying to fix it if there already a solution on your end :( $Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 10.49.36 PM.jpg

9. zennzei

zennzei

How does this perform on mobile?

10. acriticalstrike

acriticalstrike

how does this perform on mobile and can i make the atmosphere thicker? What exactly are my options for the atmosphere thickness density color etc...

11. jeangil

jeangil

Hi,

How can I make it work on mobile ?

Regards,

JeanGil

12. ZJP

ZJP

Hi,

Does it works on Unity 4.3.x ?

13. ZJP

ZJP

14. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Is the font the Space Age font type? I have used this awesome font before! and nice Atmo-Scattering! Better than the approach i found... :(

15. angel_m

angel_m

At least the effect works on shader model 2.0. (web player test). ;)

16. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Dox, could you point me to a tool that could help make the epic skybox i see in your webplayer? I am making a game that needs a decent milky way backdrop and if you can help, that would be greatly appreciated!

17. joergzdarsky

joergzdarsky

Thinking about buying this. Will it work on Unity 4x or 5.x (desktop), as the latest comments are 2 years old?
    Has anyone tryied this asset lately?