Search Unity

Unity Pro Trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retronamic, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Retronamic

Retronamic

Does anyone know if the Unity Pro trial allows one to publish on the App Store?

2. jbh142

jbh142

I would assume a big fat no!!!

That would allow you to sell a game and make money when Unity gets nothing right?

Would that be fair? MmMmmm

3. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

No, trying to do that is ilegal and goes against unity's license terms..

why would you even want to do that if theres the free version of unity?

unity pro is for people that are serious about game development and for those investing $1500 dollars in it taking into account how much they can get in return, its a very small sum

if you want it but cant afford it right now, do something with the free version and buy it with the earnings..

with the earnings of contract work and my asset in the asset store i could afford a mac book pro, an ipad and a unity ios license.. thats more than the unity pro cost and didnt take too long ..

if you start small and have patience you can grow and eventually afford better work tools

4. vdek

vdek

Are you sure about that? Other threads seem to indicate that yes you can in fact do so. However a watermark will appear in the lower right hand corner saying "Trial Edition"
    I stand corrected.

That's assuming you can make your game in one month, and then don't plan on updating it ever again or making another one :) It seems more like they want you to invest 30 days of work into it so you get locked in :p

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  5. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

The truth is that we're all too lazy to check the conditions terms for real XD

6. Retronamic

Retronamic

The website says "fully-functional 30-day trials".

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I check. It's against the terms and conditions to publish anything made with the trial version of pro on app store. It's for compiling to your device to trial it properly only.

Since there's 0 unity apps on appstore with "trial version" watermark I think that should hint it's a no go. At minimum it's trivial for unity to have your app removed if they tell Apple. However unity free hasn't got that restriction and the basic ios version is $400 - cheap. You are also safe when the trial runs out as it converts to the free edition.

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

There aren't any threads I know of that say you can. That watermark will get it rejected from the store if nothing else.

There's nothing locking you in; it's not like your project will stop working. You just won't have access to Pro features after 30 days, that's all.

--Eric

9. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

http://unity3d.com/unity/faq

Can we make and sell games using a trial license?
    Our trial licenses are for getting to know Unity and assisting in making a purchase decision. Games made with our trial licenses may not be distributed nor used for commercial purposes. Instead, please use the free version of Unity to make, publish and sell Unity games.

10. ivanzu

ivanzu

Its not allowed,Its better to leave unity pro trial a side and then when you finish the game use the profiler to optimize.

11. vdek

vdek

I stand corrected!

Well, I meant more in the sense that the features from Unity Pro are quite useful! You develop workflow habits around those like the profiler.