Unity Community

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. This tool will be very handy to test the MMO Network inside-out.
    Or to make a MMO if you sale the code a binary, I will be one of the first to buy your product.

Keep up the good work, thank you

2. Location
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Champagne View Post
    This tool will be very handy to test the MMO Network inside-out.
    Or to make a MMO if you sale the code a binary, I will be one of the first to buy your product.

Keep up the good work, thank you
    Hey! THanks for the support, working on the next version 0.2 beta, as fast as I can
    My Open Source Projects: UdpKit, IronJS, Free Unity Assets
    Need unity consulting? Contact me over PM or Here

3. Location
    New Hampshire
    Link is down. I get a 404. Too bad, too. I really wanted to try this out...

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

4. Location
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenBits View Post
    Link is down. I get a 404. Too bad, too. I really wanted to try this out...
    Aw crap, my webhost went bankrupt and shut down (true story). Will put it up again in the morning

5. Location
    Sweden
    Also, it might be worth mentioning that the next version, named 0.2B, will be available as open source software

6. Posts
    Nice job I was watching the vids but when will be the links again on? I cant download it

7. Location
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by -HONOR- View Post
    Nice job I was watching the vids but when will be the links again on? I cant download it
    I can't find the 0.1.2 version locally, I think it's stored on my work computer so this might have to wait till monday.

8. Posts
    I can't find the 0.1.2 version locally, I think it's stored on my work computer so this might have to wait till monday.
    Thanks for the answer. I hope this tool will come to a final version.

9. Location
    Sweden
    Two major new features in the next version (0.2B):

The server code can now be run both inside Unity and as a stand alone server with no ties to Unity. This allows for the greatest amount of flexibility, for example you can build a game that uses unity physics on the server or allows players to host their own games. And you can also build larger games which scale to more users where doing physics simulation or having players hosting their own games is not realistic by running the server as a stand-alone executable without any ties to unity.

To my knowledge this is the only networking middle-ware for unity which allows this flexibility.

The second news is that I've decided to open source all of SlimNet, it's not yet publicly available - but it will be once 0.2B is made available and from then on all development will done on a public github repository.

Enjoy!

10. Location
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by fholm View Post
    Two major new features in the next version (0.2B):

The server code can now be run both inside Unity and as a stand alone server with no ties to Unity. This allows for the greatest amount of flexibility, for example you can build a game that uses unity physics on the server or allows players to host their own games. And you can also build larger games which scale to more users where doing physics simulation or having players hosting their own games is not realistic by running the server as a stand-alone executable without any ties to unity.

To my knowledge this is the only networking middle-ware for unity which allows this flexibility.

The second news is that I've decided to open source all of SlimNet, it's not yet publicly available - but it will be once 0.2B is made available and from then on all development will done on a public github repository.

Enjoy!
    Wow very cool. I like the idea / option of having Physics for non-standalone games where as the User gets to host. Maybe there is a way to run headless too I suppose.

Does this mean you are skipping the release of SlimNet 0.1.3?

Did you add the Mac Lidgren patch then ?

11. Location
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoprime View Post
    Wow very cool. I like the idea / option of having Physics for non-standalone games where as the User gets to host. Maybe there is a way to run headless too I suppose.

Does this mean you are skipping the release of SlimNet 0.1.3?

Did you add the Mac Lidgren patch then ?
    Skipping the release of 0.1.3 yes.
    Yes added the lidgren version using the mac patch, I'm at rev. 272 of lidgren atm which should contain it.

12. Posts
    This definitely seems like a worthwhile thing to check out. I was going to go with a Lidgren server and run server in c# outside of the unity environment, but this seems to be just that with some of the additional legwork done to manage things as well. The videos do make it look pretty cool! I'll have to wait till you get a new version up to try though since the link is broken.

13. Posts
    Skipping the release of 0.1.3 yes.
    Yes added the lidgren version using the mac patch, I'm at rev. 272 of lidgren atm which should contain it.
    I was going to try this out, I look forward to 0.2B.
    Last edited by goat; 01-25-2012 at 09:07 AM.

14. Location
    Sweden
    Small video updates:

15. Posts
    Small video updates:
    That's pretty awesome, can't wait to try it.

I'm curious, is it possible to have more than one server? IE: A standalone matchmaking server, and then the client runs a server to connect individual players to a game? I guess realistically in that scenario you could probably make do with web calls or similar, but I'm curious if it could be done.

16. Location
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddler View Post
    That's pretty awesome, can't wait to try it.

I'm curious, is it possible to have more than one server? IE: A standalone matchmaking server, and then the client runs a server to connect individual players to a game? I guess realistically in that scenario you could probably make do with web calls or similar, but I'm curious if it could be done.
    Yes, this is very possible. But there is no real "built in" support for this, but it's very possible no doubt.

17. Location
    Sweden
    I also managed to dig up the .rar file that contains 0.1.2, if you want to check it out you can but be aware that a lot of stuff has changed in 0.2B that will be out shortly.

Link to 0.1.2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19877504/Sli...ublicAlpha.rar

18. Posts
    Thanks very much. I think I'll just to something 2 player peer to peer with Unity's and then use your 0.2B.

19. Location
    Sweden
    Small update, the server is in it's releasable 0.2 Beta state. I'm working on a demo game and manual (expecting it to take a week or so to build something that works) to demonstrate all the functionality.

20. Posts

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast