Search Unity

Substance Smart | Tiles Volume 1

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jerc, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Jerc

Jerc

Hi all, here is our latest substance product for Unity !

This one is a collections of 20 seamless textures combined to a custom script and shader allowing you to apply them on large surfaces without any repetition or tiling artefacts.

Grab the trial version over HERE and see for yourself how it works.
    Th full version is at $100 for a limited time!

You can post all your questions, feedback, reports, suggestions, etc. in this thread.

2. larvantholos

larvantholos

My main question is, how does the tiling work on this, can it take a texture input, or is it fixed to using algorithms to generate its affect - I ask before this would be really useful if it could be used within some stylized stuff I'm already doing.

3. Jerc

Jerc

We are working on some kind of filter that could take any texture and process it, but for now it's only limited to those 20 textures.

4. larvantholos

larvantholos

Well its really neat, but not something I'd invest in with this limitation. but I really think the idea is worth persuing, large tileable without having the same repeatable boring texture is great :)

5. duke

duke

If you own designer, can you crack these open and see how they're done so you can make your own?

Also, I agree with what larvantholos said - it's not that the textures aren't great, it's that they're stock textures with no personal creative touch that you might see in any other game that uses this product.

6. artzfx

artzfx

My understanding is no because sbsar are cooked substances. As a Substance Designer owner I would prefer to purchase the Smart Tiles filter .sbs rather than the 20 locked .sbsar files. Allegorithmic really needs to cater for both streams of customers:
    Substance Designers and Content Customers.

7. larvantholos

larvantholos

Agreed - would really like to see some of that catering to license holders. Especially considering the license cost, I wouldn't mind if I got stuck with some limitations to get at having the full back end of this, and other powerful substance releases.

8. jashan

jashan

9. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Terrain tool uses a texture rendered from render2texture with selected substance.
    But this tool creates many textures and it uses a mask for proper tiling.
    I dont think its possible to use this with terrain tool and current version terrain.
    I wish we can.

10. GerryM

GerryM

The trial seems to be unavailable, any chance of posting it again? Thanks!