Search Unity

Early WIP car physics - playable gameplay browser demo.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by WonkyWooGames, Oct 25, 2011.

1. WonkyWooGames

WonkyWooGames

Hello,

Wonky Woo Games is pleased to give an early sneak peak of our car physics here.

If you like this, check out our other completed projects on the website, Jack O Lantern Demo.

As a new indie startup, We'd appreciate some Likes on my company FB or followers on twitter @WonkyWooGames.

And we are also available for contract work:)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. bug5532

bug5532

3. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Nicely done physics! I like the ability to still control the vehicle while it's in the air...I think that actual kinda leaves it open to a lot aerial stunts.

4. WonkyWooGames

WonkyWooGames

@JamesArndt : Yeah, the idea is to add gameplay physics/control onto a physically correct vehicle simulation. However, the vehicle doesn't have to be a car, I think the physics lend themselves to almost anything. Thinking snowboarder or skier or even some kind of hover vehicles.

5. carking1996

carking1996

Great game The physics are cool! :)

6. WonkyWooGames

WonkyWooGames

Cheers. Bike physics coming soon.

7. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

Like it, are you gonna make this available at the asset store ?

8. WonkyWooGames

WonkyWooGames

@Maurice - It's highly unlikely that I'll release on the asset store as I'll never re-coup my development costs. It'll be used in my own games, which will make it stand out from the two vehicle code bases on the asset store.

9. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

Oké thanks , good luck with your projects

10. zappapa

zappapa

Wow! Best Unity3D car physics ever. I especially like the way the car drifts. Edy and NewLife have some serious competition. I purchased Greg's Vehicle Editor (including the two-wheeled setup), played with Edy's Vehicle Physics as well as NewLife's 'UnityCar' but unfortunately they are not 'good' enough for me. So, please sell your code. I'm sure you'll be able to re-coup your development cost with the right marketing strategy. I'm offering you to help find a good product name and design a logo, create a trailer, website... anything for free. If you don't want or need my services, just PM me and name your price for this amazing piece of code.

11. WonkyWooGames

WonkyWooGames

@zappapa - Thanks for your nice comments. I've played with Edys and NewLife Vehicle physics and they are both very good. They are aimed more at physically correct simulators where my focus is on gameplay.

Can I ask why both these packages are not good enough for your needs ?

I've spent between 4- 6 months developing these physics, so if I go on my contract rates, I don't think I'd get anywhere near to recouping my development costs. Hasn't one of these packages only managed to get upto about $10000 (I might be wrong here).

Thanks for your offer of free services, but I'm still not selling at this point. I don't know what your skills are, but If you are a talented 3d Artist, then maybe a collaboration on a vehicle game ?

12. willow408

willow408

Awesome stuff, Wonkywoogames. The physics on both the car and bike are sweet! If you're looking for a 2d/3d artist for a collaboration, I maybe interested. I just finished up a project and am free. Feel free to browse my portfolios btw: sethrobles.com, play-hero.com and contact me with any questions you may have.