Search Unity

Unity store purchase not showing

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by johny, Oct 22, 2011.

1. johny

johny

I just purchased some thing on unity but did not receive what it. It hasnt shown up any where like normal things I purchase do.

I used a prepaid visa card, I have purchased other things like this before.Help, cheers

Attached Files:

2. johny

johny

To explain better.

I purchased the above item and received my receipt. I then checked my asset store downloads only to notice that it has not shown up. I have purchased many other items in the same way, so nothing should have gone wrong on my side.

3. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Hm... From my side I also don't see any money which came to my account from this purchase.
    But I sent mi infantry soldier to Johny by mail as he asked me.

4. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Hm.... Still don't have my money.

As I understood Unity Store took money but didn't give product to the buyer and didn't gave money to me. Buyer throw his problem on me because I gave him model.

Someone still need to pay me.

5. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Ok. If this guy named Jonathan Follett jonfollett12@hotmail.com will send you letter. In which he will said something like this:

"Hey, so purchased one of your 3d animated models.

But my download didnt process and appear in the download section. I tried to contact the unity store and post on the forums with no signs of help.

I was wondering if you could just send it to me over email in a unity package or fbx. I have also attached my receipt as proof of purchase.

Finally I am also considering buying you m16 fps arms pack with the pistol and was wondering do you have any other packs like this?"

Don't send it to him as I did (stupid helper :))

After it he will not answer your letters and will not pay you. Maybe he will tried to find something bad in your product in order to find a reason not to pay you,like this Johny did:

"I have a few more questions which I hope you don't mind answering. I tried to import the model in 3ds max 2010 and Softimage Xsi and received these errors both times. It seems the bones are linked wrong. Is there any fix for this?"

You will not get money from Unity as well, because getting model Johny will not take care to complete payment for Unity.

In my case model cost only $18. But someone else can lost much more.

Of course, I will send link to this post to him and maybe he will answer and will find reason like: "I didn't answer you, because uncle of my girlfriend has a car accident and I was 3 days in hospital....but now I will pay" And maybe he will pay.

But it will looks like a pathetic attempt to save his reputation which cost about $18. And I am pretty sure it will be such attempt. :)

I will not believe him because all this time or at least sometimes during this period of time Johny had internet connection and visited this forum as every one can check, looking on his profile page were last his activity is shown.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  6. johny

johny

Mmm, although I am thankful for your help. And I can totally understand the problem with you not geting paid. It is infact not my fault and I can understand that you did in fact suffer a loss due to the unity store. I am currently putting the funds into and account so I can transfer the $18 I owe you. If you would be willing to reply to my email I can transfer the fund into your ( I think you mentioned pay pal ) account tomorrow after noon (approx 18 hours). I can totally understand your out burst but and although I am not fully at fault I can understand this as a problem to you.

7. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Hm... I sent you my Pay Pal ID several days ago.
    I am glad that I was right about posting in forum. Now things started to move.

8. Dreamora

Dreamora

If you buy something on the Asset Store just wait or logout login again. It at times can take a bit of time to realize it or till you get the state pushed but it normally always worked even when the server borks around, given you really got through the payment process.

Also don't forget that depending on your CC standings your bank might try to contact you (the CC owner) for verification before approving the transactions, especially if they had recent fraud problems in general or if you do many buys in a row which will trigger the fraud protection systems on their end.

9. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I recited payment from Johny.

Viva to the internet age! :)