Search Unity

MultiPlatform ToolKit - Multiplatform development, simplified.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gtjuggler, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Is there a way to assign more than one material to an object in MPTK?

Dev

2. gamedivision

gamedivision

im interested in buying but the price is really hi at the moment for me are there any deals or promotions running thanks

3. Elzean

Elzean

Wow thats exactly what i wanted, it says its deprecated and no longer available :/
    Is there any other assets that does the same ? Or is there any plan to update this ?

4. Elzean

Elzean

Also for those who own the asset, is this completely unusable in unity5 ?

5. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@Elzean Between Unity 5's new AssetBundle functionality (in which you can build assets for different platforms, and load them dynamically) and Unity 5's native UI I believe the creators of the asset realized that support for the tool was no longer needed. I'd recommend looking into the multi-resolution features Unity 5 has here and here. For AssetBundles here and here.

6. Elzean

Elzean

yes AssetBundle are usefull :), i was more looking for the specific settings inside the various prefabs for switching materials and change various properties on camera effects and such. Material switch could be done with AssetBundle but still need to duplicate the asset for just a material change, the solution from this old asset seemed pretty usefull to manage all those tweaks per platform.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have a quick question here. Does this script recommendation from your side mean that your toolkit is working the same way internally? because these reference both exist on every platform, meaning will be built with it. Is your toolkit capable of stripping assets out completely when not needed? If so, if I may ask, how do you do that? The only two possible ways I found were sideloading scenes which don't get packed with the game, or asset bundles, generated and shipped with the product.

8. OwlBoy-

OwlBoy-

Does anyone know of an alternative that does material swapping like this did?