Search Unity

So now unity masterserver not working?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by leegod, Oct 15, 2011.

1. leegod

leegod

I have been using it well until yesterday.

But now, worked well p2p 2 clients can't find each other. I didn't change my multiplayer code.

So I doubt unity master server has some problem?

When it will be come back?

I don't know well about how to make own master server. How to make it? I don't have visual studio 2008 or 2010

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

yes its pretty surely the master server unless you don't use any master server functionality and specify the ip within the same local lan (htats the only place you can connect without nat facilitator or port forwarding on the server side)

the instructions on how to build the master server are on the page you can download it, visual studio express is free and is all you need

the one online is not meant for more than testing and never was too stable (the nat facilitator was more offline than online when I tested it leading to unjoinable games) so you should learn how to handle the master server though its really dead easy as you will see on the page :)

3. leegod

leegod

I tested and succeeded to make own master server. That page was un-kind to understand for the very first trying people like me to exactly what to do and how to do.

Anyway, just open 17kb file (after install VS2008) in the downloaded (Masterserver and facilitator) folder and click [build solution] in VS 2008.

And you will have Debug folder in same folder. In that debug folder, you will find masterserver file (for run application file format) and run it.

Some console window will pop up.

Samely do this process with masterserver and facilitator.

Note each own port number.

And add this code to your source code.

MasterServer.ipAddress = "127.0.0.1";
    MasterServer.port = 23466;
    Network.natFacilitatorIP = "127.0.0.1";
    Network.natFacilitatorPort = 50005; // your own port number

Maybe in the function Awake() is good. ( I did like this)

Run it, and you will see your game will using your own master server.

4. ND

ND

I did this but didn't work with my public ip (and port forwarding via router to my local PC - the configuration is all ok)
    Firewall is also ok by adding some rules. I don't know if they can work at all with public IPs?

5. Dreamora

Dreamora

yes they can, no problem there.

If it does not work, look at the log output. at worst your isp blocks it or you are behind a proxy which is not supported in unity networking

6. celikmurat

celikmurat

I am using masterserver on my computer.It registers succesfully to masterserver, but when i try to connect to it with a client running on my computer, it gives error (masterserver in debug mode)
    "No table name defined, during query/removal" and
    "Malformed packet from x.x.x.x:x because table lookup failed".
    And i cant see my server in list.Anyone can help ?

7. nicolagibbs277

nicolagibbs277

I feel difficult to connect the game to the server, do you have any solution to connect, and when I try to connect it gives an error message as unable to find the server.

8. celikmurat

celikmurat

Are you running masterserver on your computer ?

9. landon912

landon912

Shouldn't the MasterServer.ipAddress = the ip address of the computer your running the MasterServer on?