Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS5 crashing approved game

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by sonicviz, Oct 13, 2011.

1. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi,
    I have a Game about to be released developed with Xcode iOS 4.3, already approved by appstore last week (but unreleased as yet).

I just finished the upgrade of iPad to iOS5, upgraded MacBookPro, upgraded Xcode to iOS5.

Game now crashes running a normal unity build onto the iPad from xcode, with a number of
    "Thread 1: Program received signal "Exec BAD_ACCESS" "

BUT if I build it as a Unity development build and hook up the profiler...it starts ok and runs on the iPAD.

This is the same project , unchanged, used to submit for successful approval under iOS 4.3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! (scuse me, just venting!)

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?
    [just got over a long process fixing a drm bug for the Mac desktop release early this morning and now this pita]

ty.

2. andy@extlabs

andy@extlabs

im just guessing here, but im pretty sure there is more RAM being used by the OS, so make sure you are not pushing memory usage.

otherwise, try debugging any reading/writing to files, and make sure you have no null referencing variables.

if all else fails, build and run an empty project and verify that is working just to make sure the error can be fixed on your end..

3. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Plenty of Ram, checked and freed up beforehand.

What I don't get is why it works fine as a development build, but fails now when I uncheck development build.
    That's not consistant behaviour afaik. What does development build do that normal build is not doing.
    App works fine in editor, fine on iPad as development build, crashing as normal build.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. andy@extlabs

andy@extlabs

clean targets in xcode? build to a new project folder?

its Andy btw :T

5. sonicviz

sonicviz

Andy (oops, my bad! l8 here)
    I'll try that but that still doesn't explain the behaviour difference between normal/FAIL and development/SUCCESS builds.

6. andy@extlabs

andy@extlabs

well it does point to the xcode environment as a possible candidate for error.

did you turn on "slow and safe"? check the xcode stack trace?

7. sonicviz

sonicviz

Yep, my standard settings.