Play it here.
Have you ever wanted to create a 3D space game, but weren't sure where to start?
Well, here's how the Space Game Starter Kit can help your ideas come to life tonight:
- NEW: NGUI+TNet-based version is available upon request.
- NGUI-based version available upon request.
- Multiplayer support out of the box
- Controllable with keyboard/mouse as well as the XBox 360 controller
- Very flexible and tweakable damage, power generation, and shielding systems
- Plasma beams and heat-seeking missiles as weapon examples
- Simple yet powerful UI system (no need for any additional UI package; optimized for Android/iOS)
- Planet shader lets you create your own unique looking planets with a few clicks of a mouse
- Fully tweakable ship parameters -- create anything from a slow, unwieldy cargo ship to a fast highly manuverable assault fighter
- Asteroid shader automatically seamlessly textures rocks of all shapes and sizes (no UVs required!)
- Real-time dynamic reflections on anything you like via a simple attachable script (Pro only)
- Localized gravity example (space station)
- Distortion shield effect
- Control impairment on collision
- Near miss detection
- 3D HUD (no OnGUI used!)
- Simple targeting indicators
- Even runs on Android and iOS (with appropriately limited functionality)
All of that in clean, easy to understand and well-optimized code.
All feedback welcome