Search Unity

How do you reset the gyro attitude?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by monark, Oct 10, 2011.

1. monark

monark

I've noticed that if I just print Input.gyro.attitude to the screen that the values I get out differ depending on the orientation the app starts in. If I start in portrait mode and then rotate the device into landscape the quaternion returned is different to if I start in landscape mode. Is there a way to reset the gyro when the device is rotated to a new orientation so it's the same as if you start in that orientation?

To explain a bit further:
    If I start in portrait mode and tilt the device forward and back the x axis amount of the quaternion changes as expected and side to side changes the y axis amount.
    If I then swap without restarting into landscape mode tilting back and forth changes both the x and y axis amounts.
    If I restart in landscape tilting back and forth changes the y axis amount and side to side changes the x axis amount so it's consistent although not in relationship to the device itself (that could be compensated for)

2. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

You can try to restart gyroscope by setting Gyroscope.enabled to false and then again setting it to true.

3. charmandermon

charmandermon

This no longer works in 4.0.1f2

4. minevr

minevr

if set enabled false,again "true"....gyro is dead.....

on unity last ver.

5. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

It is known bug, the fix will be included into next Unity release.

6. JackJick

JackJick

is it fixed?

7. GaneshDeveloper

GaneshDeveloper

i want to reset the my gyro how i am holding the device.so my gyro initial state is how i am holding the device from this it should start calibrate.how can i achieve this one?

8. juuuuun

juuuuun

I think it's still not fixed yet. I cannot reset the attitude of gyro even if I tried setting the Input.gyro.enabled = false and set it true again. Is there any other way to reset the attitude?