Binary Helix is proud to announce our first title, Dangerous. We're a tiny two-man indie studio, and we've been developing the game for a couple years. We plan to submit the game later this month to Apple. It will be released for iOS, Android, PC, Mac, web, etc. It will run from an iPhone 3GS class device on up.
In short, the single-player game is a cross between EVE Online, X3, and Mass Effect.
The game features:
- 3D real-time space combat
- RPG skill tree to spend experience points
- realistically sized ships, space stations, planets, stars
- warp around solar systems, use stargates to visit other systems
- physics modeling of weapons: lasers, turrets, missiles
- comprehensive in-game tutorial
- gain experience for fighting and trading
- an open and living universe with 33 solar systems connected via stargates
- over 600 ships acting autonomously: transporting, taxiing, mining, patrolling, fighting, etc.
- over 20 ship models with specific ship bonuses which you can buy and fly: all ships are useful from the fast interceptor to the electronic warfare ship to the slower missile battleship
- over 60 equipment modules with three tech levels
- can store ships and items at any station
- wingmen you can recruit and who will fight alongside you in battle and complement your ship’s abilities
- corporate pilots who will autonomously fly trade routes for you
- epic storyline missions
- side missions: improve your standings with other corporations by doing jobs for them
- dynamic missions: ships in the world can break down or ask for assistance when pirates attack, or they can be pirates trying to lure you into a trap
- interact with characters via a sophisticated dialogue engine
- mine or trade goods
- professionally composed soundtrack and hand-painted artwork
- fly your craft manually and turn off inertial dampeners for Newtonian flight
- or use extensive autopilots: orbit, follow, keep-at-distance, transit to/from station, dock, warp
- unique following mechanic lets you follow ships through warp and stargates
- gain favor with other corporations by doing missions for them to gain access to ships and other bonuses
- extensive use of cinematic camera modes
Thanks for a great engine, Unity, and an awesome community!