Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mesh scale factor vs Transform scale

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by TenHands, Sep 22, 2011.

1. TenHands

TenHands

Hi. I am wondering what's the difference between having a model with it's mesh scale factor 0.01(default) on a GO with the transform scale of let's say 25, and a model with it's mesh scale factor of 5 on a GO with the transform scale of 1. I am asking because I have a model and if I leave the mesh scale factor to 0.01 and try to make it bigger throught the transform's scale the model gets mangled up. But if I increase the mesh scale factor and leave the scale to less it looks ok. Thanks

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

The transform scale should always be 1 if possible. Changing the mesh scale factor scales up or down the mesh data.

--Eric

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

i have some sprite atlases though where each sprite is ,say, 32x32 pixels. I imported them with a mesh scale factor of 1 thinking that this is pixel perfect. But even though in the sprite editor they seem cut perfectly in the game view there were voids between sprites displayed.....ie i have some wall sprites that I want to be connected seamlessly and give them positions that are multiples of 32 but they had void in between....when I changed the scale factor to 0.95 I got the desired effect......Is there a way to find what that ratio is to scale the sprites externally so that the mesh scale factor of 1 works instantly?

Do I need to concern myself with ppi or sth?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014