Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerPrefs on Samsung Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Android' started by happyhopper, Sep 20, 2011.

1. happyhopper

happyhopper

Hey guys,

PlayerPrefs on the Galaxy S don't seem to be deleting with the app. If you use the "Clear Data" or "Clear Cache" button it doesn't clear the PlayerPrefs ether.

I have tested the PlayerPrefs being successfully deleted with those methods on these devices, but the Samsung Galaxy S doesn't follow the same behavior as these phones.
    - Galaxy S II
    - Nexus One
    - Galaxy Tab
    - Droid X
    - HTC Desire
    - HTC Inspire
    - EVO 4G

Does anyone know if the Galaxy S has different PlayerPref behavior? I know Samsung loves having different Hardware limitations then other phones.

P.S. - Does anyone know where PlayerPrefs are stored on Android devices? I'ver searched everywhere with no answer.

~Thanks

2. noob22

noob22

I want to know where PlayerPrefs are stored on Android devices,too!

3. DanTreble

DanTreble

4. noob22

noob22

DTreble,you mean PlayerPrefs stored in shared preferences?But I build my project for android and cant find shared preferences in temp file(stored android project?),too.Shared preferences is xml file under android's data/data/<package name>/shared_prefs,right?I cant find it .Please talk more details ,Thanks!

5. happyhopper

happyhopper

--UPDATE--

Since my first post, I have done nothing to solve the issue of PlayerPrefs not being deleted on the Galaxy S I9000. However, the phone stopped exhibiting this behavior and another bug took its place. Now the Galaxy S is deleting all PlayerPrefs when you reinstall the App. Unfortunately this is true for the past few updates that shipped for our game.

I factory reset the phone and it fixed the deleting PlayerPref issue. The first bug came back (Can't delete PlayerPrefs), and now I'm stuck back at the beginning. To make this even worse, There are tons of reviews from Galaxy S devices that complain about losing data every update. I noticed a lot of Galaxy S SCH-I500 phones making reviews about deleting data on updates.

As far as I know we are using PlayerPrefs like we should. There is no other phone we have that can repro this bug. Is there no one else that has this problem?

6. vdek

vdek

Is this on stock android or a modified version?

7. DamianGto

DamianGto

Sounds weird.
    I have that phone and made games for it.
    If i delete the game the data is gone.
    If I upgrade the data is still there.
    This is default behavior on android phones.
    If it do fail its often due corrupted files on the phone.
    The only solution to this is to reflash a new firmware.
    Sometimes a factory reset can work.

8. happyhopper

happyhopper

Stock Galaxy S with Android 2.3.3