Search Unity

Character Toolkit v. 1.1 - Official Release

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by 95KillerZ95, Sep 20, 2011.

1. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Hi community,
    I'm glad to announce the official release of this toolkit.

Here's the link of asset store : Asset Store

NEW VIDEO

OLD VIDEOS

Here are the features:

-Rigidbody based motor.
    -Full movement control
    -Animation Controller
    -Sound Controller
    -Crouch Prone
    -Jump with custom options (Double Jump,etc..)
    -Fall control
    -Swimming
    -Climbing
    -Ghost Mode
    -Custom Gravity Control
    -Custom Keys
    -Health script,Hud script, Oxygen control with Underwater effect
    -Head bob, Camera scripts, Respawn,State Setup, GravityControl,DebugMode
    -Custom Scripting

The demo scene is in development and the video-preview-tutorial is in uploading.

For the customers that bought the first version with paypal just send me a pm and I will send the link of the new version.

First version thread : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/99922-Character-Toolkit

The price of the toolkit is 25€.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. sefou

sefou

Hello KillerZ,

awsome toolkit. :D

About Orbital Camera for Third Person Controller : when an obstacle is between the character and the camera , the character is hide.Can you improve here , by approaching camera near character. Thanks.

3. Dave@IonGFX

Dave@IonGFX

4. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

@sefou For the orbital camera I need to insert some kind of collision, I can try that ;)
    @Dave Update sent!

5. Dave@IonGFX

Dave@IonGFX

Thanks! Got it :)

6. Stepheno3D

Stepheno3D

This is a great project. Nice job

7. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Thanks Stepheno!

8. helmers

helmers

I still can't find it in the asset store.
    Am I searching for the wrong terms or is it not available yet (I have rad that you have some trouble).
    I have two days of and would like to play around with this interesting toolkit :)

9. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

@helmers Yes, I'm having troubles about the images, now the graphic is remaking the images. The package manager said something about depth bit :(

10. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Just submitted the Toolkit to the asset store, now I'm waiting for a response :)

11. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Posted the new Video!!!! See it ;)

12. bgivenb

bgivenb

looks nice

13. sefou

sefou

Hello KillerZ,
    i need your advice . Concerning Third Person Controller , in diving , i can't driving the character in directions like up or down ; i change the value ot gravity with no success. Any suggestion ? Can you at something like Speed value relative to up and down? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  14. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Sure, I've inserted this in first version if I remember good, but then I removed it

15. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

16. helmers

helmers

Seen - Bought - Downloaded :)

Would it be possible to provide a document that explains which scripts have to be used on which objects and the meaning of the properties?

There is the example and the tutorial and I can analyse/reverse engineer it,
    but I am a old man and my memory is not that good as it used to be (if it ever was :)).

So a cheat sheet how to apply the toolkit to one's own scene without the need to switch the unity scenes would be great.

Otherwise thanks for providing it.
    And now back to Unity to play around with the new toy!

17. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Hi helmers, thanks for the support, however the last video shows you some things about it, but I can make an advanced tutorial to explain how all scripts work!

18. mighty_marcos

mighty_marcos

Killer,

I am interested in your toolkit, and I have a couple of questions:

About your 3rd person camera, can it do strafing, like this?

Both your 1st and 3rd Person controllers, do they have momentum, so the character decelerates after a input stops?

Thanks,

19. PolyMad

PolyMad

Il laghetto a forma di cazzo potevi evitarlo eh :D

20. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Non l'ho fatto apposta XD

@Mighty_Markos : About the cameras with 2nd version I will provide a first and third person camera in unique script, just choose your type, and I can work to get the camera like your video, and about the momenutum ,yes it will be...

21. tiga76

tiga76

Hello, i recently bought the toolkit and am having a couple of problems with it -

first the OrbitalCamera doesnt work properly. i set it up as your player prefab was set up with an empty game object for the Head with the camera as a child of it, i have it as the camera component under orbitalCamera script which is attached to the player model prefab. but the when i run it the camera appears between the players legs. please help. got this because not good at scripting.

22. tiga76

tiga76

Also with the default gravity settings the charcater falls thru the plane i set up to represent ground usually up to his knees with the default setting of -15 at 0 it works fine but the character just floats off into the sky when i jump

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  23. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

For the orbital camera, I've said that isn't ultimate yet, but in second version will be complete, about the gravity settings are you meaning the custom gravity?

24. tiga76

tiga76

yes the custom gravity, i kindof worked around most of it by replacing the player model prefab but it still floats. whats the green/red line that shows up when you have it set up.
    when i turn off the custom gravity my character just falls through the plane. can you write the next version to use the character controller component instead of a capsule collider?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  25. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

The green/red line is when the model grounds or not, when is completely red the model doesn't ground when is green it ground ;)
    About the custom gravity have you tried the default prefab player?

26. tiga76

tiga76

the default player prefab that comes with the kit seems to work fine except for crouch, but have to play around with settings a bit and it gives a null reference exception when i try any custom keys.
    when setting up the player everything seems to work fine until i try to use the orbitalcamera then the camera ends up beteen my models legs and without the orbital camera the mouse control doesnt work too well i even tried using the standard smooth follow script in place of the orbcam.

maybe scale issues....?

27. tiga76

tiga76

so far though i'm really impressed by the ease with which i can set up my motions and animations and with custom gravity at 0 ican even keep my model on the ground and moving around. it's just the camera i cant seem to work out although replacing the default player prefab allows the camera to work and the basic animations anything more complex though and it freezes up. cant wait for vers 2 as it really helps

28. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

All I can say you is that to wait for the second version that will be very easier to use and with many new features, or you can add me on skype for any issue with that version to help you in real time ;)

29. tiga76

tiga76

I still cant get it to work propaerly - mostly the camera most other features work fine. I dont know your skype but wondered if i gave you a link to my models prefab with anims could you help out?

30. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Sure! I will send you my skype account with a pm....
    Regard the second version, I'm working on a new algorithm for the states, now you can easily set state via script with the function SetState(State.Idle) or SetState(State.Crouch) :)

31. tiga76

tiga76

could you write an animation script for me? it's a model with 23 animations. I'd be willing to pay if it's reasonable.

32. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

We can talk about that on skype, if you see me offline is because in these weeks I've some family problems and when is rarely that I be at pc......

33. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Resuming the development of second version :)