Search Unity

And Pigs Will Fly

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by AnomalusUndrdog, Sep 16, 2011.

1. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25260770/AndPigsWillFly/WebPlayer.html

The pigs have had enough. Its time to fight back...

When I saw this thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/103621-Very-Funny-2D-Style-Game-When-Cows-Fly it got me thinking.

I was pretty dissappointed Clean Asia doesn't work in Windows 7, so I built this clone in one sitting (about 5 hours) to satisfy my esoteric shmup needs. This is meant more as a parody game for personal enjoyment than anything, so I hope a certain company that owns a game about birds killing pigs won't mind, or anything I might be infringing for that matter.

Thanks to openclipart.org, freesound.org, yofrankie.org, and gamebanana.com for the art and sounds. Music by John Marwin.

Controls:

If you play Clean Asia, you know this already, but the controls are changed a bit.

WASD or arrow keys to move.
    Left click to dash. While dashing, you are invulnerable and can kill birds. You can move to any direction while dashing.
    Don't releast left click to attract bird bits. Release left click to launch the bits to enemies.
    Or keep left click held and press right click to release bits one by one.

Perhaps I'll try to mimic the hard boss enemies in Clean Asia but I can't remember them anymore. And like I said, it crashes in my Windows 7 so I can't take a look at it.

If you guys know where I can get a free 3d model of a cartoony pig I can add it in.

Unity 3.4 crashed about 5-6 times while I was making this, and the bug reporter window didn't come up even once.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. GED

GED

haha that bird has its beak up the other birds butt ! sorry couldnt resist!

3. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Minor update: the pig has a 3d model now, but its not animated yet.

4. jesseoffy

jesseoffy

That bird looks really familiar. . . It's profile looks like it's from a blender short film. :D Nice though.

5. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'm on Mac. Why are they flying backwards.

6. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Game over yeah!!!! :D

Very fun!

7. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Yup, I got it from there. That 3d model is free. :)

Uhhh.. well, a little-known species of birds in Unity-land can actually....

But seriously, I just did that on a whim. I suppose I could also have them fly straight instead.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011