Search Unity

Running/Jumping Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Blacklight, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Blacklight

Blacklight

Lately, I've been working on a side scrolling running/jumping game, mainly inspired by games like Robot Unicorn Attack and Canabalt. Here's how it turned out:

Please give it a try and leave some feedback.
    -Blacklight

Update Log:
    11/09/2011
    -I've tweaked the acceleration speed, so it should be a little bit faster.
    -I've added a box showing the stats from that particular run.
    -Birds have made their way into the game. You can knock them out of the sky when you're not blocking.
    -Z X as extra controls.
    -Reduced the amount of times you can hit an antennae without blocking and stay standing.
    -You can no longer jump when blocking, but you can still block after jumping.

13/09/2011
    -Simple score table.
    -Tweaked heights of the buildings when spawned to remove impossible jumps.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. ZettaGenius

ZettaGenius

Has a nice "feel" to it, could use a bit more of an acceleration value. It doesn't seem too responsive either.

Could be a start of a great game, keep it up!

3. Eiznek

Eiznek

Good start on it. The block is kind of an interesting idea. But currently you can just hold it down and always block which makes it pretty pointless to have right now. Maybe add some kind of stamina usage to the block ability so people can't just sit there and hold it. That way you'd only want to hold it as short as possible to keep your stamina up.

4. Blacklight

Blacklight

My current plan is to have an additional score source which you can only get when you're not using the block function, but the stamina usage is a good idea, thanks!

EDIT: And with that I've got an update.
    -I've tweaked the acceleration speed, so it should be a little bit faster.
    -I've added a box showing the stats from that particular run.
    -Birds have made their way into the game. You can knock them out of the sky when you're not blocking.
    -Z X as extra controls.
    -Reduced the amount of times you can hit an antennae without blocking and stay standing.
    -You can no longer jump when blocking, but you can still block after jumping.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  5. Patriick

Patriick

Very nice little project and I think it will be a great little game once finished!!

6. ZettaGenius

ZettaGenius

I'm having fun already, keep it up! I would love to see more improvement!

7. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

So when are you going to start wreaking in the iOS proffits? ;) haha. fun game, played similar one on kongregate

8. Blacklight

Blacklight

Hopefully soon :D, but before all of that the game needs to be finished first!

9. impheris

impheris

JAJAJAJAJA was fun :p

10. Blacklight

Blacklight

Haven't had much of a chance to work lately, but I managed to add a scoring system and make a few other tweaks. Hopefully I'll be able to work more when the weekend comes.

11. ICKelly

ICKelly

Feel between two buildings and did not die so I am stuck there, jumping... I was shielding when I fell in between the buildings.

12. Kinos141

Kinos141

That was fun. I'm not sure of your vision, so I can't comment too much about how it should be made.