Search Unity

How can i do ? Warning message : Namespace 'System.Collections' is never used (BCW00

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by gamemiracle, Sep 5, 2011.

1. gamemiracle

gamemiracle

i bought ios pro, when build iphone apps.

error occur
    Warning message : Namespace 'System.Collections' is never used (BCW0016);
    Warning message : Namespace 'UnityEditor' is never used (BCW0016);

Language : javascript

thx for help

2. ciaravoh

ciaravoh

would you please post the script ? you probably don't have any Start, Update, etc functions in your code.

3. gamemiracle

gamemiracle

thx, solved it

4. nummer31

nummer31

how did u solve it? I have the same problem.

Here's my code:

var speed = 3.0;
    var cratePrefab:Transform;

function Update ()
    {
    if(Input.GetButtonDown("Fire"))
    {
    var crate = Instantiate(cratePrefab, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);
    crate.rigidbody.Addforce(transform.forward * 2000);
    }

5. renman3000

renman3000

bump.
    :.?

6. tenfour

tenfour

Same problem here. How did you solve it?

This is appearing at the top of every js script in my project, even brand new ones that just have the empty Update function.

7. Vincent_soo

Vincent_soo

Ya same problem here, it appear at the top of every js script in my project too
    Mind to share how you solve it?

8. guavaman

guavaman

This question keeps going unanswered. From what I've found, there is no proper way to disable this warning. The Monobehaviour class (the default class used for all .js files) has imports predefined for UnityEngine, UnityEditor, System.Collections, and others. If your script doesn't make any calls to these namespaces, you'll get a warning. A possible but ugly workaround would be to use each namespace that's giving you a warning by adding some code that does nothing but uses each namespace just to silence the warning. Add this function to each of the offending scripts at the top (after your pragmas and such).

Version for non-editor scripts:
    Code (csharp):
    1. /* Silence MonoBehaviour Warnings*/ private function SilenceWarnings() : void { var al : ArrayList; if(al == null); var ae : AccelerationEvent; if(ae == 10) SilenceWarnings(); }
    Version for editor scripts:
    Code (csharp):
    1. /* Silence MonoBehaviour Warnings*/ private function SilenceWarnings() : void { var al : ArrayList; if(al == null); var ae : AccelerationEvent; if(ae == 0); var dcm : DrawCameraMode; if(dcm == 10) SilenceWarnings(); }
    There's no equvalent to C#'s #pragma warning disable #### that I can find. (Plus even if there were, there doesn't seem to be a number code to disable this particular warning.)

It's ugly, but that's the only way around it that I've found.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. guavaman

guavaman

I found another possibility that showed promise, but I couldn't get it to work. If you open your .unityproj files in the root of your unity project, there's a line <NoWarn>0169</NoWarn>, which is supposed to suppress warnings with a specific code. These are normally available in GUI by going to the compiler via the project options in C#, but on UnityScript no such option appears. They do appear in the .unityproj file however. Unfortunately, changing it to <NoWarn>0169 0016</NoWarn> has no effect. I tried changing it in both Debug and Release for all the unityproj files, but the warnings persisted. Perhaps someone else knows something I don't and maybe there's a way to get this working. Seems a whole lot better than my hack posted above.

10. xeophin

xeophin

Actually, you were on the right track, this does work. However, you need to change the syntax.

Change it to this:

Code (csharp):
    1. <NoWarn>0169</NoWarn>
    2. <NoWarn>0016</NoWarn>
    and it will do the trick.

11. guavaman

guavaman

This is working for you? I tried the modified syntax attempting to suppress 4 warnings. I added it to every .unityproj file in both Debug and Release sections, restarted MD, and nothing happened. Then I added it to all the .csproj files, restarted MD, and again nothing happened.

Code (csharp):
    1. <NoWarn>0169</NoWarn>
    2. <NoWarn>0016</NoWarn>
    3. <NoWarn>0014</NoWarn>
    4. <NoWarn>0003</NoWarn>
    I got the original space separated syntax I tried from a C# project. It lets you specify ignored warnings in the MD GUI separated by spaces. The warnings are saved to the .csproj file in the same way <NoWarn>0169 ### ### ### ETC</NoWarn>.

Also, be aware that when compiling in Unity, you don't get the 0016 warnings. You only see those when compiling directly in MonoDevelop. I guess it has those warnings suppressed internally. Can you verify yours is suppressing the 0016 warnings in MD?

12. Beyond-Ken

Beyond-Ken

Try adding this unused class to the bottom of your script:

private class ShushES {var q:Queue; var h:Help; var g:GUI;}

13. MrVagoo

MrVagoo

I remove the '*' and warnings go away. Monodevelop Ver, 2.8.2

14. Hardhitter77

Hardhitter77

Okay just found out how to get around this by a fluke. Didnt even really mean to do it but it works and the errors will stop coming up.

1. Go to run

2. Click exceptions

3. Type in the system.collections or whatever script error is coming up

4. Bottom right corner of the exceptions window click ok

5. The specific error you typed in is now an exception and will not be shown again

Worked for me hope it works for you guys.

15. Sir-Gatlin

Sir-Gatlin

So, is there a reason to get rid of the warning? by just leaving them there and understand why they are happening will it cause any conflicts or problems later? I got the same warning and searched it just cause I wasn't sure if it was something i needed to worry about.

16. guavaman

guavaman

It's just annoying and clutters up your warning list so it makes it harder to see the other more meaningful warnings.

17. Khyrid

Khyrid

Go to run??? Where is run?

...Oh in monodevelop

I tried it, didn't work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  18. gigaloon

gigaloon

If I try using system.collections, it says I need a semicolon, despite the fact that I have one
    $Screen Shot 2013-10-06 at 6.26.21 PM.png

19. tyoc213

tyoc213

Don't know.. but even using private (If I'm not wrong) and using it on multiple .js files from monodevelop, will cause a "previously defined" error.

So I do the same, but with vars on the offending .js files

At end of each offending .js.

Code (csharp):
    2. private var RemoveUnusedNameSpaceWarningsq:Queue;
    3. private var RemoveUnusedNameSpaceWarningsh:Help;
    4. private var RemoveUnusedNameSpaceWarningsg:GUI;

20. Pawl

Pawl

Just wanted to say I'm using this solution to remove the errors and it's working fine, however I recommend wrapping the whole block in #if UNITY_EDITOR directives, otherwise Unity complains if you try to publish a web build, for example.

Code (csharp):
    2. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    3. private var RemoveUnusedNameSpaceWarningsq:Queue;
    4. private var RemoveUnusedNameSpaceWarningsh:Help;
    5. private var RemoveUnusedNameSpaceWarningsg:GUI;
    6. #endif