Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Acid Magic Effects - advice needed

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalamona, Sep 2, 2011.

1. kalamona

kalamona

Hello,
    I've created some "acidic" magic effects, and I'd like to know what do you think about. I plan making at least 8-10 similar effects, not only acid ofc. I know there are quite a few effect packs, but I also want to learn&practice a bit of effect making and particle systems.

Demo (web based):
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6602349/WebPlayer.html
    Click on the ground to launch the effect, press space to switch to the different one. There are 2 effects right now, the Acid Shower and the Acid Explosion.

Images (it is far better in motion, images are a bit lacking)

I'd like to know what do you think. It is too bad quality for selling, or acceptable?

cheers
    kalamona

2. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

I like it! I could see myself editing this to be blood and guts :D

3. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

I think it's awesome!

4. Jessy

Jessy

Like most anything, it could use work, but I think it's definitely good enough to be sellable. My main issue is with the lack of gravitational acceleration on the falling acid.

5. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

Give it a little bit of an upward motion. In fact, give it a small nudge force that can send it splattering in one direction selectable by the user. Give it some preset colours that the user can pick and choose to represent acid, blood, feces, "magic essence." The splats on the floor should last just a smidge longer. The spats on the floor should conform to the geometry, not lay on a flat plane. Give some of the particles a little acceleration or as Jessy said, gravitational acceleration. Give me some colour variation in the green. It is almost there. Definitely worth a few bucks on the asset store.

6. kalamona

kalamona

Thank you for both the positive and the constructive comments. I will work on these a bit more, and will come back when i have more effects :p

7. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

It just needs some love and jankifying and you are definitely the programmer for the job.

8. jedy

jedy

The lighting effect is awesome :D

9. fholm

fholm

Looks very nice, I would definitely be interested of buying effects like this! Especially love the lighting one, is it available right now?

10. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

I would purchase....when it is ready via Paypal;)

11. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Nicely done.