Search Unity

Problems at exporting 3d max textures into Unity

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by cufaman, Aug 31, 2011.

1. cufaman

cufaman

hi,

i'm making the design of a game in 3D max 7 and when I export something to fbx and I import it with Unity the maps that I used (some are materials with multi sub object, other's just a simple material with a bitmap) are no longer and the objects that should have a material are now painted with gray. I neither can't see the aspect of any material in the project menu (where are all te assets and resources) when I click over them, they're just the same grey color with more or less ilumination.

how can I export my 3d max to unity with exactly the same textures?

thanks

2. Alienchild

Alienchild

Tried re-adding the materials in Unity to see if the UVW mapping is messed up?

3. cufaman

cufaman

hi,

thanks for answering, Alienchild.

i'm not sure how to re-add the material, i just exported the .fbx file from 3d max (with it's textures) and imported it into Unity, but for my surprise the textures are no longer.

this is how I see my unity project:

all the materials that you can see in the picture are grey.

and this is how I would like to see my project, with it's textures.

http://api.ning.com/files/qMZuST6q6...pUg-1ZWH5LMj9djK-0ioNjKN8hMwA2S/problema2.PNG

I really don't know if I have to apply the textures differently if they are made with the multi sub object utility (as some of the textures are) or if it's okay what I'm doing.

thanks

4. Dave@IonGFX

Dave@IonGFX

Look at your image for reference. The Texture box in the material is empty. Drag your texture file to it to re-link it or click the little box that reads "Select".

5. cufaman

cufaman

thanks you, Dave@IonGFX, it worked, but for other objects I made a multi sub object material and I don't see the way to export that mix of bitmaps into one file and I neither know if that picture will be correctly aligned with the object as it was in the original 3d max file.

thanks.