Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Excluding scripts from build

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by TenHands, Aug 29, 2011.

1. TenHands

TenHands

Is there any way to exclude certain scripts from a build? These certain scripts aren't refrenced anywhere, so I basically don't need them. Also I don't attach scripts dynamically. Thanks

2. Ntero

Ntero

Code (csharp):
    2. /*
    3. //PutStuffHere
    4. */
    or if you only want to remove it for specific builds

Code (csharp):
    2. #if !Unity_IPhone
    3. //PutStuff Here
    4. #endif
    Note: if you put #if TEST you can then later enable or disable TEST to be able to add remove it depending on the time.

Otherwise you cannot remove code blocks like you can assets from a build, because it's all compiled to one .DLL and can't properly interpret your scene files to see how they are used/added.

3. kablammyman

kablammyman

if you dont need them, why don't you delete the scripts? if you don't want to delete them, move them to another folder.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

deactivate them.

5. Ntero

Ntero

hippocoder,
    It's my understanding he is not talking about not using scripts already attached to objects, but rather removing script types from the executable as a whole. Could be wrong though.

6. TenHands

TenHands

Ntero is right. I think I know how to comment code :)

7. Ntero

Ntero

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off condescending (it's hard to determine experience level sometimes in here).

But no, there is no advanced method (outside of Platform specific defines i.e #if/#endif) of restricting included scripts.

8. andeeeee

andeeeee

You can add a folder called WebPlayerTemplates to your Assets folder and place any scripts you don't want compiled in there. The real purpose of this folder is to add (guess what) webplayer templates to your project but it is also a hack to take script files out of the project temporarily.