Unity Community

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Australia

Crashing on startup - ex2D Related?

Hi JWU, thanks for the great tool.

However I am currently experiencing an intermittent issue that may be related to the use of external version control (SVN in this case) and ex2D in the same project. I was chugging along using ex2D in a prototype project for quite a while. I then got my hands on a Pro license and decided to upload to a SVN repository. At that point, I started getting a lot of crashes as the project had to re-import all my settings. For the record, I was following the guide here:

http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...emSupport.html

It appears that the re-import was crashing on two files, namely:

.ex2D_AtlasDB.asset
    .ex2D_SpriteAnimationDB.asset

I assume these two files hold animation and atlas data and should be under version control?

After two failed boot attempts the third one work and now the project appears to be fine, but I recently had this happen quite a lot in another project also using SVN and ex2D. I'm not sure who is the culprit yet, ex2D or Unity.

I can send you the project for testing if you like.

Cheers

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesllg View Post
    Hi JWU, thanks for the great tool.

However I am currently experiencing an intermittent issue that may be related to the use of external version control (SVN in this case) and ex2D in the same project. I was chugging along using ex2D in a prototype project for quite a while. I then got my hands on a Pro license and decided to upload to a SVN repository. At that point, I started getting a lot of crashes as the project had to re-import all my settings. For the record, I was following the guide here:

http://unity3d.com/support/documenta...emSupport.html

It appears that the re-import was crashing on two files, namely:

.ex2D_AtlasDB.asset
    .ex2D_SpriteAnimationDB.asset

I assume these two files hold animation and atlas data and should be under version control?

After two failed boot attempts the third one work and now the project appears to be fine, but I recently had this happen quite a lot in another project also using SVN and ex2D. I'm not sure who is the culprit yet, ex2D or Unity.

I can send you the project for testing if you like.

Cheers
    Hi wesllg,

I think something wrong in .ex2D_AtlasDB when reimport, and I need more example to test this. But to change a project from non-svn to Pro SVN, you'd better delete .ex2D_AtlasDB.asset, .ex2D_SpriteAnimationDB.asset first. So the re-import will not crash (some people report this,too). After that, when open the project ex2D will help you create these files. Then you can add them to your source control.

See your feedback!

3. Posts
    I'd like to ask how to make a ex sprite font render a score by using codes to control? If it is possible. (The documentation doesn't help me )

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AizenSousuke View Post
    I'd like to ask how to make a ex sprite font render a score by using codes to control? If it is possible. (The documentation doesn't help me )
    Hi AizenSousuke,

I think you can control the score by the following code:

Code:  
    1. exSpriteFont spFont = GetComponent<exSpriteFont>();
    2. spFont.text = myScore.ToString();

5. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    jwu i found some more bugs working with Fonts:

1 - I'm using all my fonts as single images, not in Atlas, I don't know why, but in my mind I can't use Font inside Atlas, so today i found the right way to put the fonts in Atlas, but when i do that with all my actual fonts, everything bug, in some way he don't find my old fonts to update my BitmapFontObject to use this Atlas Version of the font, the only way is recreate everysingle object again.

2 - Everytime i update my atlas with some more stuff all my BitmapFontObject restar to start position. Like: Create one exBitmapFontObject, change the position for anywhere in screen, update the Atlas of this Font, the position of this object, reset!

6. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by badawe View Post
    jwu i found some more bugs working with Fonts:

1 - I'm using all my fonts as single images, not in Atlas, I don't know why, but in my mind I can't use Font inside Atlas, so today i found the right way to put the fonts in Atlas, but when i do that with all my actual fonts, everything bug, in some way he don't find my old fonts to update my BitmapFontObject to use this Atlas Version of the font, the only way is recreate everysingle object again.

2 - Everytime i update my atlas with some more stuff all my BitmapFontObject restar to start position. Like: Create one exBitmapFontObject, change the position for anywhere in screen, update the Atlas of this Font, the position of this object, reset!

This bug 2, is because Layer2D is checked, sorry :P

7. Posts
    This bug 2, is because Layer2D is checked, sorry :P
    Hi badawe,

Is your first problem still exists? Can you show me a step by step way to reproduce it ?

Thanks in advance.

8. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    jwu i found the bug is when i create some font using a single bitmap atlas font, and when you put this bitmap font on Atlas, he crash and you have to remake every BitmapSprite Font.

By now i get some strange errors, look at this:
    Code:  
    1. The texture import settings of [Assets/Textures/Interface/ScoreScreen/sc_red_loose.png] is invalid for atlas build
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. exAtlasInfoUtility:FillAtlasTexture(Texture2D, exAtlasInfo, Boolean)
    4. exAtlasInfoUtility:Build(exAtlasInfo, Boolean)
    5. ex2D_PostProcessor:OnPostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[])
    6. UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportAsset(String, ImportAssetOptions)
    7. exTextureHelper:ImportTextureForAtlas(Texture2D)

Code:  
    1. InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    2. System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[exAtlasInfo+Element].VerifyState ()
    3. System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[exAtlasInfo+Element].MoveNext ()
    4. exAtlasInfoUtility.FillAtlasTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D _tex, .exAtlasInfo _atlasInfo, Boolean _noImport)
    5. exAtlasInfoUtility.Build (.exAtlasInfo _atlasInfo, Boolean _noImport)
    6. exAtlasEditor.OnGUI ()

Do you have any idea of what is going on?

9. Posts
    jwu i found the bug is when i create some font using a single bitmap atlas font, and when you put this bitmap font on Atlas, he crash and you have to remake every BitmapSprite Font.

By now i get some strange errors, look at this:
    Code:  
    1. The texture import settings of [Assets/Textures/Interface/ScoreScreen/sc_red_loose.png] is invalid for atlas build
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    3. exAtlasInfoUtility:FillAtlasTexture(Texture2D, exAtlasInfo, Boolean)
    4. exAtlasInfoUtility:Build(exAtlasInfo, Boolean)
    5. ex2D_PostProcessor:OnPostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[])
    6. UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportAsset(String, ImportAssetOptions)
    7. exTextureHelper:ImportTextureForAtlas(Texture2D)

Code:  
    1. InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    2. System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[exAtlasInfo+Element].VerifyState ()
    3. System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[exAtlasInfo+Element].MoveNext ()
    4. exAtlasInfoUtility.FillAtlasTexture (UnityEngine.Texture2D _tex, .exAtlasInfo _atlasInfo, Boolean _noImport)
    5. exAtlasInfoUtility.Build (.exAtlasInfo _atlasInfo, Boolean _noImport)
    6. exAtlasEditor.OnGUI ()

Do you have any idea of what is going on?
    That means the texture settings of your bitmap font texture is not valid for importing. It should be the Read/Write settings of the texture didn't turn on.

The document for creating an atlas font is here: http://www.ex-dev.com/ex2d/wiki/doku...ate_atlas_font
    Just for sure, are you trying to drag a Bitmap Font Texture to Atlas ? You should drag the Bitmap Font Asset not the texture.

10. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by jwu View Post
    That means the texture settings of your bitmap font texture is not valid for importing. It should be the Read/Write settings of the texture didn't turn on.

The document for creating an atlas font is here: http://www.ex-dev.com/ex2d/wiki/doku...ate_atlas_font
    Just for sure, are you trying to drag a Bitmap Font Texture to Atlas ? You should drag the Bitmap Font Asset not the texture.

For some reason i must re export from photoshop, and everything works!

11. Posts

Adding a frame to an animation clip?

I have an animation clip that I need to add a frame to at runtime.

Trying:
    Code:  
    1. animClip.frameInfos.Add(new exSpriteAnimClip.FrameInfo {atlas = atlas, index = atlas.GetIndexByName(e.name), textureGUID = e.name});

This does not work. The Capacity of frameInfos increases, but the Count does not. The frame was not actually added. Is it possible to do this?

I am currently testing out the Evaluation version if that makes a difference. So far, everything looks great as long as I can change an animation at run time.

12. Posts
    Disregard that previous post. I had been staring at the same code for 3 hours when it turns out I just needed to walk away. I was creating the new animation clip in the for loop I was using to add the frames.

13. Posts
    Hi I am having an issue trying to get my background to render perfectly. Currently whenever I hit play, the edges of the background will be cut off. How can I solve this?

The dimensions of the image are 800x1000

See attached images for more information. The first image shows the game executing, while the second image shows the editor.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6...zingissue1.png

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/860...zingissue2.png

14. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thechest4 View Post
    Hi I am having an issue trying to get my background to render perfectly. Currently whenever I hit play, the edges of the background will be cut off. How can I solve this?

The dimensions of the image are 800x1000

See attached images for more information. The first image shows the game executing, while the second image shows the editor.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6...zingissue1.png

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/860...zingissue2.png
    Hi thechest4,

I notice that you are using pixel perfect for your background. In ex2D v1.2.0, the pixel perfect is use the current screen resolution, and if you are using 800x1000 but your game window didn't expand to that size, the pixel perfect calculation will not calculate correctly.

However, we've solve the problem by providing customize width and height in pixel perfect camera component in ex2D v1.2.1.
    I'm submitting the v1.2.1 to asset store.

For now, just make sure your window is larger than 800x1000 and wait for the new version

15. Posts
    Oh okay thanks for the quick response! Do you know how long until 1.2.1 will be available?

16. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thechest4 View Post
    Oh okay thanks for the quick response! Do you know how long until 1.2.1 will be available?
    We plan to release it today. But looks like asset store have problem recently, I just can't access it. If everything goes correctly, it will be on the store tomorrow.

17. Location
    Berlin
    ex2D 1.2.1 is available for download in Asset Store! Go grab it now, changelist will be updated soon.

18. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Guys! One big thing we have with ex2D is the exGroupImporter!
    I'm using this for everything, but one thing i check right now is:

When apply with AudioClips he only get the Audio Format! Other options not!

Do you guys mind put that on exGroupImporter?

19. Location
    Berlin
    Guys! One big thing we have with ex2D is the exGroupImporter!
    I'm using this for everything, but one thing i check right now is:

When apply with AudioClips he only get the Audio Format! Other options not!

Do you guys mind put that on exGroupImporter?
    yeah that doesn't work on some properties in AudioClips..
    It's a shame but seems like we are not able to get that changed through script.

Wait for jwu to confirm this.

20. Posts
    Hi guys, the new version fixed my previous issue with the background not rendering fully, so thanks for that!

However now I am trying to use the mouseposition to generate objects within the grid, however it seems that my background has been scaled down (or at least does not match up to unity units)! Each of the squares in the grid is supposed to be 50px by 50px, for a total screen size of 800px by 1000px, however in the attached image I have marked the location of mouseposition 0,0 (blue dot, lower left corner) and mouseposition 800,1000 (red dot, near pause button). As you can see, what should be the top right corner of my texture is actually off of the screen!

What is going on here? I am now using the Custom Size feature to set my background sprite to 800 width 1000 height, and I am also using the same settings on the camera. Is there some way I can get the mouseposition to map 1:1 with the pixels in my textures? Thanks!

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9...seposition.png

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast