Unity Community


Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1772

  1. Posts
    23
    Hello, jwu and nantas.

    Our company finally buy the ex2D tool. : - D
    I hope this will have more benefits both your company and ours.

    When I import the ex2D v1.1.3, there's a readme file.
    But readme file introduce v1.0.
    Can U update this? I want to know what version of ex2D I using.

    Sincerly.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At a "window - ex2D - About" Window shows a correct version.
    I've found now. : )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I asked before, "Is there a solution when I make a game in different resolution display?"
    v1.1.3 has a solution about this?
    If it has, where can I find?
    Last edited by Seokho; 09-20-2011 at 09:49 PM.


  2. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Seokho View Post
    Hello, jwu and nantas.

    Our company finally buy the ex2D tool. : - D
    I hope this will have more benefits both your company and ours.

    When I import the ex2D v1.1.3, there's a readme file.
    But readme file introduce v1.0.
    Can U update this? I want to know what version of ex2D I using.

    Sincerly.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At a "window - ex2D - About" Window shows a correct version.
    I've found now. : )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I asked before, "Is there a solution when I make a game in different resolution display?"
    v1.1.3 has a solution about this?
    If it has, where can I find?
    Hi Seokho,

    Yes there is an about window, and thanks for your reminds, I do forget update readme. T_T.

    In current version of ex2D, there is no multi-resolution solution. We are discussing and trying different approach, so it is still in a very early stage for this feature.

    I'm now test this in a branch version, the solution is make multiple textures group in one assets, and when assign different resolution, ex2D will choose the right texture from this group. And other editors such as Atlas, Sprite Animation will cooperate with it, and help you build the asset in different resolution.


  3. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Posts
    275
    Guys, after update my Unity3D to 3.4.1!

    My project don't open anymore, and after some test, when I remove the ex2D folder, and the project open again, but i can't solve this, and even if i reinstall the old unity, i can't open my project anymore!

    Do you guys have any idea of what is going on?


  4. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by badawe View Post
    Guys, after update my Unity3D to 3.4.1!

    My project don't open anymore, and after some test, when I remove the ex2D folder, and the project open again, but i can't solve this, and even if i reinstall the old unity, i can't open my project anymore!

    Do you guys have any idea of what is going on?
    Hello badawe,

    Try to remove .ex2D_AtlasDB and .ex2D_SpriteAnimationDB and reopen the project. If you still have problem, would you mind to send me the package and I will do a full test.


  5. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Posts
    275
    I reinstall unity 3.4 and reimport the ex2D and everything back on track!

    But unity are really freak me out with this bugs!


  6. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by badawe View Post
    I reinstall unity 3.4 and reimport the ex2D and everything back on track!

    But unity are really freak me out with this bugs!
    But badawe, we are using Unity 3.4.1, and nothing goes wrong . And some of my customer report me that some of their weird crashes have been fixed in 3.4.1.


  7. Location
    Seattle USA
    Posts
    6
    jwu - thanks for this great add-on! Ex2D, and your excellent support, gets five stars from me!


  8. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Posts
    275
    Hummm, I'll try a clean install and post here the feedback!


  9. Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    107
    Hey jwu,

    I'm getting 11 draw calls in my scene and I don't know where they're all coming from. I have 14 sprite objects in the scene. All of the sprites are atlased and there are 4 atlases in total. Depending on where I position the camera I get anywhere from 6-11 draw calls. Shouldn't it only be 4 draw calls -- one for each material in the scene? I'm not doing any scaling, rotation, or tinting on the sprites.

    Thanks!


  10. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Posts
    275
    Guys, i want to make something, but in unity3D / Ex2D i don't have idea of how achieve this.

    I Have, this 2 images:



    and this:



    I Want to make a cooldown like a pizza chart!

    So when user click over it the pie rotate make on mask, and showing the color image again, like that:



    Anyone know how to achieve that?


  11. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by bdjones View Post
    Hey jwu,

    I'm getting 11 draw calls in my scene and I don't know where they're all coming from. I have 14 sprite objects in the scene. All of the sprites are atlased and there are 4 atlases in total. Depending on where I position the camera I get anywhere from 6-11 draw calls. Shouldn't it only be 4 draw calls -- one for each material in the scene? I'm not doing any scaling, rotation, or tinting on the sprites.

    Thanks!
    Do you have any lights in your scene? That will add draw calls for each object.

    If not, you can always press play, and start deselecting objects to see how the draw calls are affected.

    @jwu This plugin looks great! Nice work! Definitely getting this.
    No more Tiled Textures! - Vertex Painter with blend shaders for painting meshes
    [ Vertex Painter 2 released! ] with desktop and mobile blend shaders:
    --> Click Here <--
    Also Available on the Unity Asset Store
    --> Click Here <--


  12. Posts
    23
    Hello.
    I'm crazying about some bugs when using "Prefab"!

    [First Bug]
    1. In Hierarchy window, "create -> ex2d -> sprite object".
    2. Select a texture and check the "Pixel Perfect" true.
    3. Drag it to Project window and make a prefab.
    4. Then Debug window shows a error!
    UnassignedReferenceException: The variable camera_ of 'exSprite' has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the camera_ variable of the exSprite script in the inspector.
    ex2DExtension.MakePixelPerfect (.exSpriteBase _sp, UnityEngine.Camera _camera, Single _screenWidth, Single _screenHeight)
    exPixelPerfect.Update ()
    [Second Bug]
    1. In Hierarchy window, "create -> ex2d -> sprite object".
    2. Select a texture and collision type to mesh.
    3. Drag it to Project window and make a prefab.
    -> The prefab loses a Mesh in the Mesh Filter Component and Mesh Collider Component.
    4. Drag a prefab to Hierarchy window. So make a some instance of the prefab.
    5. These have a mesh info in the Mesh Filter Component but still lose a mesh info in the Mesh Collider.
    -> So I can't cast a ray to these (instances of the prefab)
    -> I reported this bug to you and read your reply it will be fixed at 1.1.2. But ex2D has still "Mesh Collider Bug".

    [Wondering]
    1. In Hierarchy window, "create -> ex2d -> sprite object".
    2. Select a texture and check the "Pixel Perfect" true.
    -> Then object is smaller than before.
    3. Drag it to Project window and make a prefab. Delete #2's object.
    4. Change the prefab's collision type to Box. (Don't check the "Use Collision Helper"
    5-1. Drag the prefab to Hierarchy window, and Play the Scene.
    -> Then Box collider bigger than sprite object's size. I think the box collider still has a older size when I use "Pixel perfect" before.
    5-2. In the Inspector window, I check "Use Collision Helper".Then it appears a error.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    exCollisionHelper.UpdateSize ()
    exCollisionHelper.UpdateCollider ()
    exSpriteBaseEditor.OnInspectorGUI ()
    exSpriteEditor.OnInspectorGUI ()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

    I think it has more bugs than evaluation version I used.
    And it looks like has not been tested when using a prefab feature.
    Can you check these bugs out?


  13. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by bdjones View Post
    Hey jwu,

    I'm getting 11 draw calls in my scene and I don't know where they're all coming from. I have 14 sprite objects in the scene. All of the sprites are atlased and there are 4 atlases in total. Depending on where I position the camera I get anywhere from 6-11 draw calls. Shouldn't it only be 4 draw calls -- one for each material in the scene? I'm not doing any scaling, rotation, or tinting on the sprites.

    Thanks!
    Hi bdjones,

    I will write an article to explain this. I'll PM you once i finished. Basically, it is because transparent object are rendered by order of the depth. If you have two different material, and one is rendered in the middle of the others, the batch will be failed.

    For example, if you have A, B, C three game object, A, C use atlas1, B use atlas2. When you draw A, B, C in depth 1, 2, 3, then the B will break up the batch of A, C since the transparent object needs sorting. So keep them in one material is a good idea.

    Another tips is use VertexColor shader for those non-transparent object. They will not break up the batches.


  14. Posts
    23
    Additional Bug!

    I asked before about a bug when making the assetbundle using a prefab.
    So I just "Use Pixel Perfect" to false and make the assetbundle.

    This worked before when I use a "Evaluation Version EX2D".

    But v1.1.3 does not work!
    I can't build the assetbundle anymore ;a;

    I'm using both line of code.
    BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle (Selection.activeObject, selection, path, BuildAssetBundleOptions.CollectDependencies | BuildAssetBundleOptions.CompleteAssets, BuildTarget.iPhone);

    or

    BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle (Selection.activeObject, selection, path, BuildAssetBundleOptions.DeterministicAssetBundle, BuildTarget.iPhone);
    I can't not understand, version up make the ex2D worse...


  15. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by badawe View Post
    Guys, i want to make something, but in unity3D / Ex2D i don't have idea of how achieve this.

    I Have, this 2 images:



    and this:



    I Want to make a cooldown like a pizza chart!

    So when user click over it the pie rotate make on mask, and showing the color image again, like that:



    Anyone know how to achieve that?
    Hi badawe,

    What you need to do is similar like this:

    http://unknownerror.net/2011-05/2846...-cooldown.html

    Hope this help you.
    Last edited by jwu; 09-22-2011 at 12:17 AM.


  16. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Seokho View Post
    Additional Bug!

    I asked before about a bug when making the assetbundle using a prefab.
    So I just "Use Pixel Perfect" to false and make the assetbundle.

    This worked before when I use a "Evaluation Version EX2D".

    But v1.1.3 does not work!
    I can't build the assetbundle anymore ;a;

    I'm using both line of code.


    I can't not understand, version up make the ex2D worse...
    Hi Seokho,

    I just fix this problem yesterday. I have PM you. Check the note.


  17. Posts
    23
    I recieved your email and replied.
    Did you read my email?

    I should work using evaluation version ex2D until release new versioni which has fixed bugs.T_T


  18. Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Seokho View Post
    I recieved your email and replied.
    Did you read my email?

    I should work using evaluation version ex2D until release new versioni which has fixed bugs.T_T
    Hi Seokho,

    I've solve the problem and sent you a daily fixed version. We will make a new update to asset store for this fixes. Enjoy!


  19. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Posts
    275
    Yeah, is something like that! But i don't have idea of how do some Mask with ex2D!


  20. Location
    Curitiba - PR / Brazil
    Posts
    275
    Can i have the trim size? And using that?

    Like that:

    This must have some Rect of the Atlas, and are using this right?

    If i change the height of this, i can't get one fake mask working right?

Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •