Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AutoPilot for Testflight 1.0 (deploy iOS builds via cloud!) - Now on the asset store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Cratesmith, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jim Dose

Jim Dose

Not sure if it's the same thing, but our lo-res icons are somehow being modified to look like they're low color depth. Not sure what's causing it since I have all the import settings set to not resize them or compress them.

2. 3Duaun

3Duaun

on the builds where the Unity logo(icon) isnt replacing our App's custom icon, we too are seeing some massive degradation of quality and color from the original icon image. There are a number of odd issues that have recently started turning up with Unity 3.5f1/TestFlight/AutoPilot

3. motiondisabled

motiondisabled

Hi I'v just purchased AutoPilot for Unity iPhone basic. I tried using it and i keep getting this message. (Below)

So i opened a new project and added a cube and tried to build that but i get the same message, does anyone no how to fix this?

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/lee/Testflighttest/builds/iPhone/Classes/AppController.mm".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamReader:.ctor (string)
    TestFlightBuildPipeline.AddRemoveTestFlightSDKToAppController (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, Boolean enabled) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs:120)
    TestFlightBuildPipeline.PostBuildPlayer (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, Boolean buildResult) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs:260)
    TestFlightNonProBuildStep.Update () (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightNonProBuildStep.cs:83)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate ()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Many Thanks

4. NateJC

NateJC

I also am getting the annoying anonymous user issue. Has anyone had any luck resolving this yet?

5. KyleStaves

KyleStaves

Awesome product, I feel like an idiot for not finding/investing in this sooner.

6. God-at-play

God-at-play

Agreed 100%. TestFlight is amazing enough. With this though? Mind-blowing combination :)

I participated in a Startup Weekend making a photo/drawing app with NGUI and AutoPilot. I was able to make the app, send out about 10 builds, and have little kids testing by later Saturday into Sunday.

We won the competition with me as the sole developer, and I have AutoPilot to thank as part of that success!

7. NateJC

NateJC

My Unity project pane is getting a little unwieldy and in dire need of organization. This would be greatly helped if I moved all 3rd party plugins and scripts into a folder called "ThirdParty". This worked great for mostly everything except for AutoPilot. I resolved most of my issues by doing a 'Find and Replace in Files', switching:
    "Assets/AutoPilot/
    for
    "Assets/ThirdParty/AutoPilot/

and also:
    "Assets/Plugins/iOS/
    for
    "Assets/ThirdParty/Plugins/iOS/

But now I'm getting not very helpful error messages when I attempt to Build from AutoPilot.

Could the paths be relative or is there any other way to make this easier to move the folder without AutoPilot being so rigid?

Thanks.

8. Dreamora

Dreamora

The paths are also used outside the editor scripts for the compilation etc if I recall right in which case it will simply fail.
    Also I am not completely sure that it can work like this any longer as Unity is a bit pesky about Plugins not in Assets/Plugins when it comes to native libraries. it works fine for code importation order but out of my experience not needfully for libraries meant to be included in generated projects so it could fail simply due to that.

9. rextr09

rextr09

Hi, I know it's an odd question but, do we need apple developer account (99$) to use TestFlight? Can I send a build to my iphone using TestFlight? thanks...

10. ken m

ken m

Make sure you're actually putting the build where it tells you to, not in a folder called "Builds" inside of it. I just had the same problem and that was the solution.

11. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey folks,
    so I'm finally settled in my new country and more or less settled in my new job... so I finally have a little time to get back to this.

First off... there's a few patches on the way soon that were planned to be released as one big update. These have been broken apart and so I'll be sending these out to testers soon.

And onto questions...

Yes I'm afraid so. You'll need an active developer account to do anything at all with iOS devices.

You should only get that error if you're not building to the folder it asks you to. Double check you're building to the correct path.

I haven't had time to look at the issue yet, but it's high on my list as I've heard from a number of people who are experiencing it.

12. 3Duaun

3Duaun

@Cratesmith
    thank you for your attention to some of the issues that have recently arisen with TestFlight AutoPilot. I look forward to future bug fix releases :)

13. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Version 2.25c has just been submitted to the asset store for review.

New features
    - Failed uploads can now be retried without having to do a new build.

14. loopyllama

loopyllama

Hi, I experienced this with the last build and also the new 2.25c and the latest unity. I was always able to upload to testflight via autopilot. Just in the last few days I have gotten a strange autopilot build upload failed message...something about an error 30 or 32. Ever since then it always appears hangs when uploading to tesflight. It builds the app. It builds the ipa. It will stay at 99% on the upload phase for hours. Inspecting my tesflight dashboard will show no build update. Then if I force quit unity, go to the testflight dashboard...still nothing. Finally if I delete the latest build on testflight the new build version suddenly appears!? As you can imagine this isn't very pleasant because I never really know if/when my build is uploaded. Can you think of anything I can try to correct this? Btw my ipa is around 40mb and my internet connection is very very fast.

15. KyleStaves

KyleStaves

I'm also hanging at 99%, but with no error of any sort of AutoPilot. If I tab in/out it just closes itself without any warning/error.

Edit:
    For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this is a Testflightapp.com issue - my manual build upload is also hanging (64%).

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  16. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

This could be a new error, though none of the people testing 2.25c have reported anything like this.
    It's much more likely to be a temporary issue with testflight's servers... Autopilot has to wait for the server's reply when you upload your app to find out if it has succeeded or not.

If the problem persists more than a few days. Send me an email and I can go through the problem with you.

I'm still trying to figure out what's causing that closing bug... I'm aware of it but haven't been able to catch it in the debugger yet. Do you have reproducible steps to cause the bug to happen?

17. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

I've done a quick check... testflight's upload API servers are currently barely responding, if at all. Sadly there's nothing I can do about this.

I recommend using autopilot to build the ipa, then manually upload the ipa file using the website if the upload process seems to be taking too long.

18. Ulven2

Ulven2

I'm also having the build app problems, but this fix didn't work for me. I'm on Xcode 4.3.2, Unity Basic 3.5.1f2, iOS basic, OSX 10.7.3.
    It works fine when I uncheck 'Build with Testflight SDK', but that defeats the purpose somewhat of course.

19. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

Also having problems with the TestFlight SDK. I've tried building with version 0.8.3, 1.0 beta, and 1.0 final. with 0.8.3, the app is stuck on the splash screen, and on the newer versions it crashes. Neither of these happen without 'Build with TestFlight SDK'. I've tried deleting the AutoPilot build folder, along with clearing my DerivedData (the cache of project information) in Xcode to make sure nothing was lingering.

I'm using Xcode 4.3.2, newest iOS SDK, Unity iOS Pro 3.5.1f2, OSX 10.7.4, and AutoPilot 2.25c (this happened with earlier AutoPilot versions also).

Any ideas?

20. loopyllama

loopyllama

fyi the testflight upload problems seem better. thank you for the info.

21. KyleStaves

KyleStaves

To me it seems to happen any time I tab out of unity and then back into unity. I have not tried with any empty/small projects though - only my two current client projects (both relatively large).

22. ibyte

ibyte

Anyone else getting "Group matching query does not exist" during upload?. I haven't changed the distro list I am trying to upload to and I did received this message once before upgrading to the current version.

iByte

23. Dragonhill

Dragonhill

i'm getting same error, started yesterday and still no sign of changing.
    ~D

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  24. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey folks,
    it looks like most, if not all users are getting the "Group matching query does not exist" error.

The error is coming as a response from the server, and occurs even using the upload API from the command line... so I believe the issue is to do with Testflight's servers

I've contacted Testflight support regarding the issue but haven't heard back yet.

25. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey folks, just heard from testflight support.

They found the issue was due to a new bug in testflight's upload API, where trailing commas in the list of distribution lists would cause the upload to fail.

And talk about awesome service...
    They had the issue fixed and all working within a few minutes of receiving my email!

If you have the time, please let them know if you appreciate their support by either dropping them a line at info@testflightapp.com or on twitter at @testflightapp.

I'll be doing this myself now and heading to bed.

26. God-at-play

God-at-play

Yeah, that sounds about right. When they had a bug with uploading ipas they asked for example ipas to look at and had it fixed a few hours later.

Amazing people working on an amazing service. :)

27. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Whelp, I made a small test package using the spinning cube suggestion and got a little distracted by playing with Shuiken. Seemed a pity for it to go to waste on my HDD, so I'm sharing it as a package in case someone wants something to use as an upload test:
    Download from Dropbox

Simply unpack, add AutoPilot, hook up the icon and splash screen, stir (by adding your details) and upload.

Currently I'm not getting any errors in the pipeline.

The only oddity I have is that the progress screen insists on hiding itself on my second monitor. If I click on the "resize" corner, it pops back onto my main monitor... Odd.

[edit] One note: This package uses 6 pixel lights, so you may need to change your default quality settings and/or change the number of lights being used for that setting.

28. robin_notts

robin_notts

Hi

I'm getting a lot of errors from the very latest version (2.25c). Most of the errors look like this:
    Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs(119,36): error CS0117: `Path' does not contain a definition for `GetFullPath'
    but some look like this:
    Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs(368,24): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `TestFlightBuildPipeline.StartProcess(string, string, bool, string)' has some invalid arguments
    this:
    Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs(368,24): error CS1503: Argument `#4' cannot convert `object' expression to type `string'
    and this:
    Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs(373,82): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.IO.DirectoryInfo.DirectoryInfo(string)' has some invalid arguments

Any ideas?

29. robin_notts

robin_notts

Ignore my post above. It was pretty obvious in the end. System.IO.Path was clashing with another class I was using.

30. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I'm missing something about "associated questions"... I have (in the above test app) created a number of 'checkpoints', and (once these have propagated on the TF dashboard - surprisingly long wait times) I have associated test questions to each 'checkpoint'. Do I need to do another step to implement these in the app? I have looked at this link: http://wickedgames.net/2011/11/22/how-to-use-testflight-with-unity/ but it is approaching this in a way that assumes one is using Xcode. Moreover, the actual SDK docs (https://testflightapp.com/sdk/doc/) don't have much insight here either. This implies that as long as the questions are associated in the dashboard, they will show up in the app/game.

This is the code I am using (and once I'm sure it's working, I'll add it to the test package above).
    Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class SDKTest : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     void Start () {
    7.         StartCoroutine (CheckPoints());
    8.     }
    10.     IEnumerator CheckPoints () {
    11.         yield return null;
    12.         TestFlightSDK.PassCheckpoint("Test Start!");
    13.         yield return new WaitForSeconds (10.0f);
    14.         TestFlightSDK.PassCheckpoint("CheckPoint!");
    15.         yield return new WaitForSeconds (10.0f);
    16.         TestFlightSDK.OpenFeedbackView();
    17.     }
    18. }
    The check points were both in the dashboard when I woke up this morning, and the "OpenFeedbackView()" works each time. The checkpoints did eventually show up, but not for quite some time after the sessions AND not all at once. At one point, I could see only one checkpoint in the dashboard, even tho' each session must have called both.

In any case, I can't get any of the associated questions to pop up.

31. cjones666

cjones666

I am having these same issues except it doesn't matter if "Build With TestFlight SDK" is checked or not. I cannot make it past the initial splash screen before it just crashes. I can do a manual build and upload and everything works fine.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Unity 3.5.2
    Xcode 4.3.2
    Latest Autopilot.

Thanks,
    Chris

32. Ulven2

Ulven2

I still can't get autopilot to generate the .app when 'Build with Testpilot SDK' is checked. It always pops up with this error. Unchecking this option makes it build and upload just fine, but then the sdk is not included. Any ideas?

AutoPilot: Stage BuildProject failed:An error occured trying to build the .app file, please ensure you can manually build an iPhone project at the build location: builds/iPhone
    Additional Output:
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    TestFlightBuildWindow:CheckProcessErrors() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:361)
    TestFlightBuildWindow:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:227)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()

33. Flownerous

Flownerous

What sort of delay should you expect to see with Sessions/Checkpoints? My checkpoints and session starts/ends are showing in the Organizer Console but not on the TestFlight website.

SDK Debugger on TestFlight website is showing no events.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  34. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I found that it could take up to a day to show up on the TF website. Moreover, the info didn't show up at the same time, but intermittently over the day.

Also: I have yet to get the questions to work with check points. The feedback form is working, the check points show up, but infant wetter questions to work.

35. Flownerous

Flownerous

Ah thanks, it's been about a day, I'll keep waiting. I tried a few feedbacks about 20 hours ago I guess that will be the big test, haven't seen a single session though.

Might have to roll our own anyway, TestFlight doesn't seem suited to detailed metrics.The live crash report stuff looks mighty useful though.

36. Bablo

Bablo

Hey guys. Started using testflight yesterday and heard about the autopilot today and bought it as I have no experience with obj-c and couldn't get the sdk to work.

I've created two checkpoints and one feedback form to test them out and the feedback form is appearing as intended when testing the game, but I can't see anything on the testflight website.

The side-panel on the build page is as follows:

I'm using a basic version of unity, so is that a problem? Do I have to create my own bridges between unity and native code? And if so, does anyone have any tips how to do this?

Cheers.

37. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Blabo: If you look one page back, you'll both my success and my failure with checkpoints. In theory all you need is to add:
    Code (csharp):
    1.     TestFlightSDK.PassCheckpoint("CheckPoint!");
    ... to your code. This can take a day to show up in the dash board. I have not done any testing since my post.

Looking at my dash board, the check points now show up (you have to run your game at least once for the check points to show up in the TestFlightApp.com site), but I have two issues:

1: The questions are not being displayed on the device.
    2: Even tho' I have "passed" these checkpoints (afaict), I have a result of 0 devices having passed the check point, so I may be missing something fundamental.

38. Flownerous

Flownerous

One of sessions finally showed, a bit over a day late. Sounds like they've put a delay on processing to reduce the load, maybe it will clear up in the future.

This was posted yesterday:

https://twitter.com/#!/testflightapp

Hopefully the maintenance happening now is related?

39. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

40. xsodus

xsodus

@Jim Dose
    I got a problem about "Anonymous Users" like you. However I did follow your step but it's not work. Do you have an example project for resolving this problem? Thank you :)

41. wightwhale

wightwhale

I'm having trouble figuring out this call
    TestFlightSDK.AddCustomEnvironmentInformation(string information, string forKey);

I'm not sure where it shows up in the testflight site. I was thinking I would be able to use this for keeping track of the scores per level.

Also it would be nice to know how to get the crashes.

Thanks!

42. wightwhale

wightwhale

Also I have check in my preferences to notify my distribution lists but this doesn't seem to function. I'm currently having to manually edit the permissions for each build.

43. iRetrograde

iRetrograde

Hey Cratesmith,

How's it going?

I just bought AutoPilot and after setting it all up, I started getting these problems when trying to run a build:

Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
    "_TestFlight_PassCheckpoint", referenced from:
    __Z19RegisterMonoModulesv in RegisterMonoModules.o
    "__Z14UnityGetGLViewv", referenced from:
    -[iPhoneADBannerViewDelegate bannerViewDidLoadAd:] in libiPhone-lib.a(iAd.o)
    __ZN6iphone20OnProcessTouchEventsEP5NSSetS1_ in libiPhone-lib.a(iPhoneInputImpl.o)
    __Z20ShowOnScreenKeyboardmbbbbRKSs in libiPhone-lib.a(iPhoneKeyboard.o)
    -[KeyboardDelegate keyboardDidChangeFrame:] in libiPhone-lib.a(iPhoneKeyboard.o)
    -[MoviePlayerContext moviePreloadDidFinish:] in libiPhone-lib.a(iPhoneVideo.o)
    "_TestFlight_AddCustomEnvironmentInformation", referenced from:
    "_TestFlight_OpenFeedbackView", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Previously to this, my XCode builds were working fine and without any issues. Now, I can't really do any builds since I'm getting linking errors. I noticed that you had told people to comment out a #define from a TestFlightSDK.cs but I don't see any #defines, just a

#if TESTFLIGHT_SDK_ENABLED.

I'm currently running the following setup:
    Unity 3.5.2
    Xcode 4.2
    Latest AutoPilot (just downloaded it from asset store)

EDIT: I blew away the build folder and re-built it without using the TestFlightSDK and it worked just fine. Would be great to get the build going with the SDK for errors/etc....

Can I please get some assistance on this? I would love to get the additional TestFlight data.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  44. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi,

It's just me that after the Xcode upgrade to 4.3.3 can't build any longer with AutoPilot?

/Pino

45. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey folks,
    sorry about the lack of timely support these past few weeks. I've been getting used to my new job in vienna which has been taking up all my time.

I'm working to make a patch that should resolve a lot of the common issues you're having this weekend. I'll also try to get in touch with everyone I've missed contact with and see you're all going okay, but it's a long list so just bear with me :)

46. xsodus

xsodus

@Cratesmith
    Thanks to hear that ;). About "Anonymous User" problem. I give additional information to you.

Device
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1

Development Tool
    Unity 3.5.2
    Xcode 4.3.2

3rd Party Asset
    Latest TestFlight Autopilot
    TestFlight SDK 1.0
    Playmaker
    ex2d
    Audio Toolkit
    EZGUI

I wish you'll solve my problem.
    Thank you very much :D.

47. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Thanks for the info, but I actually got in touch with Testflight and they explained how to fix this for the patch.

Interestingly the issue actually isn't a bug, but rather a feature they added for testflight live. The latest SDK can be used on the App Store to collect stats as longs as users are anonymous.

Ah, you've definatley got the "autopilot embedded the SDK but forgot to remove it" bug.
    The patch I'm working on will make this kind of problem impossible.

To fix this issue, just do an autopilot build with the testflight SDK disabled.

48. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Environment variables show up in the user information that's against each session. Underneath all the standard ones such as carrier, wifi, etc.

Crashlogs are a bit more tricky. Firstly you will only get system level crash information unless you enable "Slow but with exceptions" in your iphone player settings, additionally you can get a bit more detail about some crashes by enabling the "build dSYM" option in autopilot (but it makes the output file significantly larger to do so).

Additionally I've been told that development builds are more reliable with crash information but I haven't really put time into comparing dev/regular builds yet.

49. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

If you're running a copy of autopilot that's in a mono DLL instead of source you're using a REALLY old build. I strongly recommend you update to the latest in the asset store, uninstall all files from your old build and reinstall the new version.

50. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

It sounds like you're running an old version of Autopilot
    If that's the case you may need to remove autopilot from your project and install the latest version from the asset store.

Apple recently changed both where xcode is installed to, and made lots of changes to the compiler which the old versions of Autopilot can't handle.