Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AutoPilot for Testflight 1.0 (deploy iOS builds via cloud!) - Now on the asset store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Cratesmith, Aug 14, 2011.

1. blockimperium

blockimperium

Had a pretty nasty crash this morning and I can't ascertain why it wouldn't deploy the build since it works otherwise:

I don't have any issues pushing a normal build to testflight or anything else so I'm a bit confused. Please give me some ways to debug this so I can assist with the fix.

2. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Just tried to upload to Testflight, and without much research into any solution found this post and my error is identical:

I have previously been able to build and upload to testflight, but just today upgraded to the most recent version... not sure if this is related ...

- Edit -

The application built by AutoPilot was good. I simply packaged it up following the TestflightApp.com's instructions (folder called Payload, zip, rename, upload, etc.) and it worked fine.

I did a build and upload on a second project and it worked fine... so I'm unclear exactly what's setting this off.

3. Mathieu

Mathieu

I'm running Unity 3.5 Pro, Mac OS X 10.7, XCode 4.3.

I installed the latest version of AutoPilot and TestFlight SDK.
    In AutoPilot preferences window "Build Path" is: builds/iPhone.

When I build&upload I got the following error message during the "Build .app" phase.
    With this in the console.log
    Note that Xcode hadn't launched yet.

Am I missing something?

4. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience waiting for bugfixes on this while I've been unavailable due to crunch time.

I'm aware some of you are having issues with the Unity 3.5 release and I'm planning to have these resolved as soon as possible.

If you had contacted me by mail, I'll be in touch very soon.
    My plan is to get individual cases working and while I'm at GDC I'll build fixes for those issues into a new version.
    ...So there should be about a two week period before the fixes are available on the asset store.

In other news... Vessel will be released soon. You can pre-order it on www.strangeloopgames.com or on steam! :)

5. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Okay, to run through the issues you may be experiencing.

@Mathieu Could you please email me your skype details so we can get this issue resolved? It sounds like one of the new 3.5 issues I'm trying to track down.

@Little Angel @gregorypierce If you can email me skype contact details it would be fantastic. My current belief is that the upload API can't handle certain characters, but I'm finding this one hard to reproduce

6. Mathieu

Mathieu

I'm trying to figuring out why my builds made with AutoPilot are always "release build" even with "development build" checked in my Build settings.
    Am I the only one with this issue?

7. moproductions

moproductions

@Cratesmight: Our clients just decided they want to play with TestFlight. They seem to be intrigued by all of the features like the Feedback API, Checkpoint API, etc. Does AutoPilot provide Unity support for all of that or is it just an integration to get the builds up into the cloud?
    Thanks
    -Mo

8. Dreamora

Dreamora

If you use XCode 4.3 from the AppStore (which all of us will sooner or later do as apple will push it through there only for faster update turnarounds), ensure to call sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select -switch /Applications/XCode.app in your terminal, because the AutoPilot builder checks for the xcode place basing on the system settings which the new XCode install does not change. As such it checks for the dev tools in its original iOS SDK install location /Developer, while the tools that once were in there are now in /Applications/XCode.app/Developer - above call will repoint the location so the AutoPilot tool works correctly again.

dropped Cratesmight a mail on the matter, so I guess future versions after 2.2.4 will have this fixed.

9. RedVonix

RedVonix

We appear to be getting some odd errors with Testflight, which reading through the forums look like they haven't been around for awhile, so these could be older errors resurfacing.

When building for AutoPilot in Unity 3.5, I get this error box:

I opened up the project that AutoPilot built in Xcode, and try building it manually. I was able to track down the errors as the following:

Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

10. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Phew! GDC is over, I'm getting back to working on this now.

A lot of people have contacted me over the "could not find .app" error. At the moment I haven't been able to figure this one out yet. More on this when I know more about what's happening.

I'm sending a build out today of the next version to testers. It's a minor update, that fixes a few bugs and gives much more meaningful errors especially when the build app stage fails.

Testflight live totally took me by surprise, I'm still figuring out what I need to do to make Autopilot work well with it. Once I've resolved the current bugs I will look into adding support for this.

Yeah, I've heard this one has been happening a bit recently. It's on my list of things to look into.

For now:
    If it happens it's safe to remove the offending _TestFlight functions from RegisterMonoModules.cpp in your XCode project.
    (alternatively you can delete your build folder and the error will go away if that's easier)

Hi there,
    Autopilot does implement the testflight sdk for you, so you can access those APIs through unity.
    I'm still looking into what extra features AutoPilot might need to support TestFlight live properly. Support is on the way but bugfixes have to come before features :)

I've tried to make the next version of autopilot automatically set this up for you... sadly it doesn't seem possible to do it within unity without doing some risky stuff. Instead in the future if you have this error it will detect that xcode hasn't been configured yet and will tell you how to set it up.

11. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey folks! version 2.25 is out on the asset store now!
    However it does have one new bug in it.

Some users are reporting that you need to defocus/refocus unity in order to pass the "Build App" stage. (press cmd-tab, or select other apps in the dock)

I'm going to be releasing a patch update to 2.25 soon to fix this issue and several other minor or low frequently bugs that people have sent in that didn't make it into the initial release. My aim is to get this submitted tomorrow afternoon.

If you have any issues with Autopilot 2.25 that are interrupting your workflow, please contact me as soon as possible so I can both get you a workaround (and also ensure that that issue is fixed in the patch update)

12. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

Yes, I had this autofocus issue as well. Look forward to receive the patch :)

13. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Well it's just been submitted for review! (also sent to testers for early access)

New features:
    - Keyboard shortcuts
    - All command lines used in the build process are now written to the log for diagnostics/faster support

It fixes the following issues:
    - Curl doesn't close sometimes when the build is aborted (and can keep uploading)
    - Build app stage no longer waits for unity to lose and then gain focus

Known issues
    - Build app stage progress bar won't move.

- Fixed some issues that caused the build to fail if Unity lost focus during upload
    - Much more informative error reporting during the Build App stage
    - Build will pause and warn if XCode's command line tools haven't been set up (and gives instructions on how to fix it)

Hopefully it will be out soon!

14. InfiniteAmmo

InfiniteAmmo

Howdy, I just bought this and tried out the latest version. (also using the latest versions of Unity, XCode and iOS)

I see this message when I try to build and upload:

"AutoPilot: Build FAILED

Stage BuildProject

Error Message:
    An error occured trying to build the .app file, please ensure you can manually build an iPhone project at the build location: builds/iPhone

If you think this error is a bug with AutoPilot:
    Please contact the developer (cratesmith@cratesmith.com) and provide the full error information from the console window.

Additional Output:"

(there's no additional output listed)

Any ideas? :O

15. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Yeah, this one commonly occurs when XCode tries to build for iOS simulator instead of iOS device.
    The usual way to fix that is to open the XCode project it created in that folder, set it to "iOS device" or "my iphone name" (the profile select drop down in the top left of the IDE) and then quit XCode and try autopilot again.

Still trying to figure out what causes this one.
    It seems pretty random, though a few people have mentioned getting it recently.

16. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hey folks.
    A lot of people have had some unusual problems in the "Build App" stage recently, that have been fixed by updating to the latest version of XCode.

I'm still trying to support 3.4 and 3.5 completely, however some errors specific to other version of XCode and Unity are very hard for me to track down and reproduce.

For the sake of support, these are the two configurations I'm actively running:
    - Unity 3.4.2f3 + XCode 4.3 (latest)
    - Unity 3.5(Latest) + XCode 4.3 (latest)

I really recommend using one of these configurations if it's possible for your projects.

17. runonthespot

runonthespot

I had a bug uploading to testflight when my Unity project had a space in it's name. Renaming to remove the space and reopening, and it all worked perfectly-- just thought i'd mention it.
    (Mac OSX, Unity 3.5 + Xcode 4.2.1)

18. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Thanks!
    I'll have a look at it. Should be a pretty easy fix

19. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

Also sent you an email Cratesmith - but just wondered if anyone else had this.

Just bought Auto Pilot and put it into our game - we've been using Test Flight only for distribution before.

Anyways - build goes well, I can see session start on the website - but the game crashes in the loading screen and goes back to iOS menu.

I simply get this in the Organizer console:

Mar 21 13:18:57 unknown fsi[35758] <Warning>: -> registered mono modules 0x189c140
    Mar 21 13:18:57 unknown fsi[35758] <Notice>: TestFlight: Started Session
    Mar 21 13:18:57 unknown fsi[35758] <Notice>: TestFlight: Crash Handlers are installed
    Mar 21 13:18:57 unknown UIKitApplication:dk.fullcontrol.fsi[0x359e][35758] <Notice>: -> applicationDidFinishLaunching()
    Mar 21 13:18:57 unknown UIKitApplication:dk.fullcontrol.fsi[0x359e][35758] <Notice>: Mono path[0] = '/var/mobile/Applications/B74D3005-B514-436F-987F-C1CC6E1E2C4D/fsi.app/Data/Managed'
    Mar 21 13:18:58 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[35758] Builtin profile: container (sandbox)
    Mar 21 13:18:58 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[35758] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/B74D3005-B514-436F-987F-C1CC6E1E2C4D [69] (sandbox)
    Mar 21 13:19:27 unknown SpringBoard[15] <Warning>: dk.fullcontrol.fsi failed to launch in time
    Mar 21 13:19:27 unknown SpringBoard[15] <Warning>: Forcing crash report of fsi[35758]...
    Mar 21 13:19:28 unknown SpringBoard[15] <Warning>: Finished crash reporting.
    Mar 21 13:19:28 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Notice>: (UIKitApplication:dk.fullcontrol.fsi[0x359e]) Exited: Killed: 9
    Mar 21 13:19:28 unknown SpringBoard[15] <Warning>: Application 'Frontline' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    Mar 21 13:19:28 unknown ReportCrash[35760] <Error>: Saved crashreport to /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/fsi_2012-03-21-131927_Thomas-Lunds-iPad-2.plist using uid: 0 gid: 0, synthetic_euid: 501 egid: 0

Anyone know what this is and how to fix/work around it?

Edit:
    Building a build by hand and running it in xcode works. But no testflight session data is recorded. Trying to rebuild with auto pilot and see if it magically fixes things

/T

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  20. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Just an FYI: I'm unable to build with this error:

Code (csharp):
    1. AutoPilot: Stage BuildProject failed:An error occured trying to build the .app file, please ensure you can manually build an iPhone project at the build location: TestFlight
    2. Additional Output:
    3. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    4. TestFlightBuildWindow:CheckProcessErrors() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:336)
    5. TestFlightBuildWindow:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:226)
    6. UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()
    I did see the point about resetting xCode which could be stuck on "simulator". This was true the first time I tried this trick, but after that, xCode was set to "device"/"my device name". I can manually build or build run thru xCode to the device, but can't get AutoPilot to see how it should be done.

21. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

Through various tests I'm also stuck.

I went into the trampoline project and fixed it so that Unity by default builds for iOSDevice instead of Simulator - to get rid of that "first time thing".

But I still get the missing ipa at path MISSING error. Seems like the script is trying to look at a wrong pathname and/or its not waiting until the compression process is completed. Noticed a few times by monitoring the build folder that the ipa file appears after the error message pops (2-3 seconds).

Then again we got a somewhat large project (250'ish mb uncompressed .app), so might be something with that. But when manually trying to "Locate ipa file", it doesnt allow me to pick the final .ipa file - so the filename its looking at might be wrong as well.

Manually trying to build the project in xcode fails as well (the project generated by Auto Pilot)! Building the project via normal Unity xcode build process works.

I've given up for now and hope that a Skype support session can fix it.

/Thomas

22. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

A bit of additional info:

Sorry changes in Apple's pipe and/or TestflightApp.com are making things rocky at the moment. For some of us! It's a great tool.

When I had an issue before with one of my apps, I found that the built app was fine. There was a hitch in the packaging that was causing auto pilot to stop. This time, even tho' I think I can build the file locally, and I've checked all my certs, if I take the built app and try to upload it using the "payload folder w/ app, zip and rename", I'm getting a certification error: 'Invalid IPA: missing embedded provisioning profile. Are you sure this is an ad hoc?' As the app was created by Autopilot... could this be a clue to the error above?

[edit] When following the tutorial for creating an app for TestflightApp.com I find that they indicate I should create a new entitlement:

And as I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.8), I'm running Xcode 4.2, and I don't even see Code Signing:

And looking thru the raw list of templates, there doesn't seem to be an entitlements template. IIRC, this is just a glorified plist, but I'd rather have the template (^_^).

Now, running Xcode 3.2.5, oddly, I'm getting this error, and I didn't think I included this in anyway. This is a "clean build" from the build manager, rather than a build from Autopilot:

But it is:

Lastly Build Archive does a build, even tho' it has the warning re: the dSYM file, but it doesn't load the build into the Organizer for sharing, so I can check the signing or make the ipa file as suggested...

So - in general *I* am having issues pushing an ad hoc distribution build thru any form of Xcode (I have 3.2.6 + 4.3 on download, and am considering an upgrade to Lion...), so if I'm having issues, I don't doubt autopilot could too...

You know, I really hate this part of the process, which is why AutoPilot is Sooooo Cooool!

I have no clue if any of this information is helpful. I've just thrown it at the wall to see if any of it sticks and is useful to you.

At this point, I'm going to take a pause and let the adults work on the issue.

You have my skype address. Let me know if you'd need anything from me.

23. runonthespot

runonthespot

I've gotten getting someone new onto my build via testpilot using this tool down to about 10 minutes now (8 of which is build uploading)

So if anyone's interested, I generally:

1) Add the new device in the IOS portal once someone's accepted and registered their device in testflight.
    2) Xcode-> organizer, I use the "automatically provision devices" - just click refresh (or delete then click refresh, to get the provisioning profile with all available devices in it).
    The sledgehammer approach is to actually go into the portal and delete all your provisioning profiles. If you do that and go back to xcode, with "automatically provision devices" checked, and refresh, it will recreate the profile for you. Bonus: if it is the only profile, then autopilot / testflight will use it by default.
    3) Autopilot->Build Upload

And as long as the path doesn't have spaces in it, this just works.

Best,
    Mike

24. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Runonthespot: You rat! (^_^)

Can you tell me what configs you are running? Machine OS, Xcode and Unity Editor?

Currently I'm running OS 10.6.8, Xcode 4.2(Build 4C199), and Unity 3.5.0f5

25. runonthespot

runonthespot

OSX 10.7, Xcode 4.2.1, Unity 3.5 (can give more details on specific sub builds later if you like). The real trick is to let Xcode manage your provisioning, and just use a single team profile. PS, want to test my game ? ;)

26. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I'd love to test your game (send me a test flight link!) ...

But...

I have two apps on the boil, and the second one seemed to upload fine (from the AutoPilot/Unity point of view) but I have yet to see it appear on testflightapp.com, which leads me to suspect something project related. Not sure what that means, in reality.

27. masterchafe

masterchafe

I was having similar issues with autopilot not building and coming up with an error with no extra comments, I started fiddling and moving files around when it finally built, uploaded to testflight, downloaded to the device, and then wouldn't open passed the unity logo. I'm using MacBookPro, Lion, Unity3.5, and had Xcode4.3.1 and 4.3 installed as 4.3.1 isn't working yet. After a few hours of repetition I finally removed Xcode 4.3.1 from the hdd and the autopilot build now works!

So, that seemed to do the trick for me, there may be others who are having the same issue with multiple instances of Xcode installed.. give it a try I say :D

28. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

masterchafe: What version of Xcode are you using with Lion, then?

edit: I understand now. You are saying you had 4.3 and 4.3.1 installed... and you've removed 4.3.1 leaving 4.3. Gotcha.

29. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

A small feature request to consider for future versions:

I have an assembly that needs to check if the TestFlight SDK is enabled. Since I need to determine this at runtime, I included the following function:

Code (csharp):
    2.     public static bool IsEnabled()
    3.     {
    4.         return true;
    5.     }
    with the same thing returning false in the second code block for TestFlightSDK.cs.

30. chaneya

chaneya

Thomas,

I've had your problem a number of times in the past. My best guess is it has to do the TestFlightSDK. Try deploying to test flight but uncheck the Build with TestFlightSDK box in the AutoPilot preferences. I know that defeats the purpose but it helps narrow down the problem. If it deploys to testflight and you can run the game then you know it's the TestFlightSDK.

I tried numerous concepts to fix it once it starts crashing during the Splashcreen. I deleted the iphone/build folder, deleted the xproj, deleted the SDK and reinstalled everything but no luck. My final solution was to rebuild my project from scratch in a new virgin project in a new folder. And that worked. It takes me a solid full day of work to do that. We're in final testing afterall thus the SDK. However, if I made a duplicate of my project for backup/versioning purposes the TestFlightSDK broke again in the duplicate build and nothing I did would repair it. So I was stuck with a build I could not duplicate. It's my theory that either Autopilot, the TestFlightSDK or Xcode is somehow remembering the folder path of your project and if you move or copy your project, something gets screwed up. Either permissions or a flag to that path. I even moved my project off the Mac HD and put it in users/chaneya since that's the default location for Unity projects. Either way the SDK is amazingly finicky and touchy and it has something to do with folder path or access.

With that said I was never able to get the TestFlightSDK working using Xcode to deploy from Unity. So AutoPilot is my only option unless someone comes along with useful documentation about using the TestFlightSDK from a unity deploy in Xcode. The TestFlight docs are worthless and Xcode is an apocalyptic wasteland that I'm happy to avoid.

Allan

31. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

Thanks for this! I've been having the same exact issues all day today...

Edit: Tried your solution and still no luck. I'll likely have to skip out on integrating the TestFlight SDK until something is more stable/predictable on this end, I can't seem to get it working at all.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  32. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hi there folks,
    Sorry I've been hard to contact this last week... getting ready to move has been taking up all my time.

If you're stuck on using the plugin or getting the Testflight SDK building and you haven't heard back from me in the last week, please drop me a line at cratesmith@cratesmith.com. I'm worried in the rush a few people's requests have fallen through the cracks.

I know a lot of people have been having issues, I'm doing my best to maintain support for unity 3.4 and 3.5... but with unity, osx and xcode all updating and causing new bugs I'm getting swamped with issues.

I'm considering that in the future I may only support the latest version of unity xcode, as that will keep things more stable for most users and give me more time to add features.

Let me know what you think of this plan, as the approach I should take really comes down to what's best for people using the plugin.

33. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Hrm: And they seem to having their own troubles:

[edit]

This seems to be a personal thing. My account seems to be b*ggered at their site. I new test account works fine, but not my original one.

Bah.

34. chaneya

chaneya

ThinkSquirrel,

Try this.

The simplest test is to just create a new Unity Project and put a cube on the screen with a camera. (Just so you can see if it runs once deployed to TestFlight). Install AutoPilot and the SDK. Make sure to update your Bundle Identifier in the Player Settings and run AutoPilot and deploy to Testflight with SDK included.

If this works then you'll know that your version of Xcode, Unity, AutoPilot and the TestFlightSDK are at least working together. This was my final test after I was ready to give up on the TestflightSDK. It worked for me. This led me to rebuild my project in a completely new folder with a new name and that worked.

Here's the crazy thing. If I change the name of my project folder back to my original folder name, it breaks the SDK and my ability to run the game past the splashscreen. My best theory is that the SDK may be storing the name of your project either from the folder name or from the Product Name in Player Settings and the TestFlight guys are using that name somehow to keep track of the number of deployments to their site under your account. Even reinstalling the SDK will not fix this so it's not in the SDK. It's just a wild guess but I have a feeling that may be how they are going to monetize their service once they go to a paid service. ie Free gives you a certain number of deployments and paid gives you unlimited or something. It's just a wild guess though. AutoPilot is doing some really deep under the hood stuff with Xcode so it's also possible it's a path/naming convention/permissions thing between them that breaks the SDK.

You might also try creating a virgin Unity project both on the MAC HD and in users. Lion introduced a ton of permissions changes that reminds me of the Vista days when every third party product was being broken by permissions issues (UAC issues in the case of Vista.) And since AutoPilot is creating folders within your project and installing .dsym files etc. perhaps that has something to do with it. For a while, I had a project build where the SDK worked and an identical duplicate where the SDK was broken. I could not find any differences in the folder and file permissions.

35. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

I would vote for the last versions, both from Unity and both from XCode.

36. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hmm, a few people are reporting this problem but I haven't been able to repro it.

I'm really interested to see a log callstack of that crash... Are you able to hook this up to the xcode debugger?

37. chaneya

chaneya

Cratesmith,

Well unfortunately I can't repro my own reported bug!! I kind of feel like a heel now so it's somewhat reassuring that others have mentioned this issue as well. Back when I e-mailed you directly, I was able to repro this issue consistently. Since then I've deleted the original folder of my old project and have been using my new 3.5 build with AutoPilot with no problems at all.

So I duplicated my current build and deployed with the SDK and the SDK worked with the duplicate.
    I also changed the name of the duplicate folder to my old project name....and it still worked.
    I then changed the product name in Player settings so it was different from the folder name and it still worked!!

So now repeating the same steps that caused me so much frustration before makes no difference.

Later this week we're conducting a phase 2 Beta using the TestflightSDK and of course AutoPilot for deployment. I'll report if I have any problems but right now everything works.

Allan

38. 3Duaun

3Duaun

we duplicated one of our projects (the entire folder), to port part of the underpinnings of that project to a new one, and are too running into this same issue after we changed the enclosing folder name. We havent thus far been able to track any specific errors down yet that have led us to a fix, we're actively looking though.

39. 3Duaun

3Duaun

We deleted all of the TestFlight files we had previously installed, reinstalled, and all builds uploads fine now.

We have however run into an issue in which our session checkpoint data isnt showing up now on the testFlight website, though it IS showing up in the TestFlight web debugger section. Has anyone run into this issue, found a fix?

40. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hmm, I don't see how Autopilot could be causing that issue... as build, upload and sdk integration all must have worked for your events to appear in the debugger.

Can you send that to testflight support and see what they say?

41. chaneya

chaneya

@zhx,

I have had Testflight take up to 20 minutes to register checkpoints and even session logs. That's on bad days. On good days, it seems to work almost instantaneously. But the bottomline we have found is it can be very variable in how long it takes to display the information a tester has generated. So you may just want to make sure you give it time.

Allan

42. 3Duaun

3Duaun

@Chaneya
    thanks for the tip. SOME of the sessions and checkpoints did end up appearing on the TestFlight website hours afterward, but only a small portion of the events that we were able to confirm were sent to TestFlight. Maybe it was a multi-hour long glitch on their end, we're prepping a new build to go up soon, hopefully there wont be the same issues with our next build.

43. Jim Dose

Jim Dose

Hello,

I've been having problems with new testers showing up as "Anonymous user" in session data and feedback. I've been back and forth with TestFlight support and they're pointing me to this page: http://blog.testflightapp.com/post/19957620625/testflight-sdk-udid-access. Basically, we're supposed to call +setDeviceIdentifier:(NSString)deviceIdentifier to allow TestFlight to differentiate users. I've tried adding this call myself in my native code, but AutoPilot fails when this is included.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an update planned to address this?

Also, how soon can we expect Autopilot to work with the latest Xcode? Xcode 4.3 won't allow me to debug iPhone's with 5.1 installed, which is becoming a major time drain.

Thanks for your help.

44. Jim Dose

Jim Dose

And of course, now that I've asked for help, I may have found my problem. I had placed checks for TESTFLIGHT_SDK_ENABLED being defined in my native code. Turns out it's only defined inside script. Hopefully this gets my calls to TFLog working as well.

45. God-at-play

God-at-play

Anyone else having trouble uploading to TestFlight?

I can access the website just fine, but I'm getting:
    It goes through the whole process, sits at the end of the upload progress bar for quite a while, and then either silently fails with no message after "AutoPilot: dSYM zipped, upload starting" or pops up this error.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  46. God-at-play

God-at-play

I think this might be a global, or at least multi-user, TestFlight issue. I see the twitter accounting noting an 'unexpected error' issue and asking for users to upload their IPA via the contact form. I'm doing that now, hopefully they'll get the issue sorted soon!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  47. 3Duaun

3Duaun

@Jim Dose:
    If you have the spare time, could you please detail how you went about fixing the new UDID-less "anonymous user issue"? We're experiencing the same thing here :-( Did you manually edit the "TestFlight.h" in the autoPilot folder(inside the assets folder)?

@CrateSmith:
    do you know of a means of doing a fix in the AutoPilot prefs, such as that described by Jim Dose? I'd emphasize the new "setDeviceIdentifier" method in the SDK for allowing proper TestFlight device session/checkpoint tracking.

I found the code below in TestFlight.h, inside the AutoPilot folder:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  48. Jim Dose

Jim Dose

@zhx:

I'm still getting Anonymous users, so it didn't fix it, but TestFlight support had given me some steps to have my testers follow, so I'm trying that now.

Here's how to add setDeviceIdentifier to your project. Create a file in your assets folder called Export.m (or any name with the extension '.m'). Add to it:

Place a copy of "TestFlight.h" to the same folder. Then, in one of your scripts add:

That's it. Just call NativeCode.SetDeviceIdentifier() at startup. Remember to remove this code at release.

49. 3Duaun

3Duaun

@Jim Dose:
    Thanks for the walkthrough :)!

I still havent gotten rid of the anonymous only logging too :-(

50. 3Duaun

3Duaun

aside from the annoying new Anonymous users issue with TestFlight AutoPilot, is anyone getting the issue of having the App's Icon (for the home screen) being stripped out of builds recently? Most of my builds, after upload, have the generic Unity App Icon now, and not the App's custom icon that builds and installs properly through xcode.