Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AutoPilot for Testflight 1.0 (deploy iOS builds via cloud!) - Now on the asset store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Cratesmith, Aug 14, 2011.

1. FriedrichWessel

FriedrichWessel

Where can we find this patch ? I just did a fresh install from the assetstore.
    But the editor window to configure the autopilit is still broken ( maybe because of the resetet styles ? )

2. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I have not tested the "patch", but the release notes from the asset store say:

You can find these in the asset store window by going to your "tray":

And selecting the package you want to find out about and selecting the turn down triangle:

3. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Sorry I've been unable to respond for the last week. Had the most epic crunch period was moving house at the same time.

Yep, that's the way.
    When updating autopilot the best idea is to remove it entirely before downloading installing from the asset store, this prevents duplication of files that are moved when it's setting up.

The patch has been out for a while and I've been using it myself so it all should be good.

4. TimB

TimB

I used autopilot to upload a build and in Testflight it says "0.0.1 (0.0.1)". In AutoPilot I just had 0.0.1. Do I need to format my versions in Autopilot in the form of "major.minor.bug (build #)". Or something like that?

While I'm on the subject, does anyone have any good pointers on how what version numbering system they use?

Thanks

5. davidaayers

davidaayers

Are you guys looking to implement the new remote logging capabilities and expose them on the unity side? That would be most helpful.

Thanks!

6. Jason-King

Jason-King

Any update on the android build?

7. Jason-King

Jason-King

I'm having a great deal of trouble getting AutoPilot to work. It builds the .APP and packages the .IPA without any problem. But Upload to TestFlight always fails (after about 1 hour) with...

Trouble Uploading
    There was a problem uploading to testlight.
    This happens sometimes when their servers are busy, retrying the upload usually works after a few attempts.

Error Message:
    An error occured uploading to testflight. Please check that you can access testflightapp.com

Additional Output:
    Invalid team token (did you get it from https://testflightapp.com/dashboard/team/edit/?)

[Cancel] [Retry 10 time] [Retry]

I have verified over and over again that all my tokens (Team, App, User) are properly set. I am able to manually upload the IPA to TestFlight without any problems - additionally my testers are able to test the IPA that I had manually uploaded. This whole process is in desperate need of a verbose mode.

Please help.

8. Jason-King

Jason-King

So it turns out one of my tokens was invalid. Everyone should be aware that the testflight website does not generally show the entire ID - that you have scroll through their readyonly editbox to see the entire ID.

9. Jason-King

Jason-King

Just upgraded to xcode5, started to receive the following when doing AutoPilot builds...

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_PLCrashReporter", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in CrashReporter.o

Solution was to find and destroy the build folder.

10. Tapgames

Tapgames

I have the same issue.

11. ChrTellefsen

ChrTellefsen

I see that AutoPilot has not been updated since July, is a new version in the works?

Cheers,
    Christian.

12. ChrTellefsen

ChrTellefsen

Has anyone out there successfully managed to upgrade AutoPilot to support a more recent version of the TestFlight SDK?

13. dafunker

dafunker

Hello,

At the very start of building app, an error popup is displayed by AutoPilot,

Stage BuildProject

Error Message:
    An error occured trying to build the .app file, please ensure you can manually build an iPhone project at the build location: /Users/dafunker/Products/iCracra/detoll/trunk/builds/iPhone

Then, when i open the project in Xcode and try to build, no include is found :
    "UnityTrampolineConfigure.h" file not found in Xcode.

I have already reinstalled and reconfigured AutoPilot...
    Do you have any idea ?

14. jbh142

jbh142

Here is the authors Active Twitter account. I've tweeted to see if he can update the project. I suggest all of you do the same.
    https://twitter.com/cratesmith

15. mthicke2

mthicke2

My build isn't being uploaded to Testflight even though it says it is and there aren't any errors. Any idea what is causing this?

16. ibps13

ibps13

Hi,
    @mthicke2
    Same problem with unity 4.3.4, build failed, work fine on 4.2.2

17. Mathieu

Mathieu

The IPA is building fine (after selecting "dont't use TestFlight SDK") but I can't automatically upload the build to TestFlight: the upload stall a few pixels before the end. :(
    I'm still looking forward to this plugin, it has been a blast when everything was working fine!

18. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Hi there folks,
    A little news on what's been happening.

My day job has been taking up all of my time, which has slowed progress on updates and patches. I'm currently working on one to bring the SDK up to date and to fix some of the common issues people have been having that require workarounds. The patch will hopefully be submitted to the asset store within the next two days, pending confirmations from users who have issues I can't repro myself.

That said. There's some news that regards autopilot I'm afraid to share... Apple has purchased the service and some changes are happening to it.
    1. Android support will be removed within the next month. As a result the android support beta will not be
    2. New teams will not be able to use the TestFlight SDK with their builds. (see here: http://help.testflightapp.com/customer/portal/articles/1452760)

As a result, the future development of Autopilot at this stage is unknown until Apple's future plans for the service are known in more detail. If you do plan to switch to a different testing service as a result of this change, please let me know as one possible outcome is for autopilot to be retooled to support other services.

19. Cratesmith

Cratesmith

Heads up folks. Version 3.4 has been submitted to the asset store for review.
    It should be available as an update soon.

20. danien

danien

There is a warning due to a duplicate Google.GData.Client.HttpUtility DLL that another plugin (GoogleFu) is using.

Code (csharp):
    2. Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs(438,74): warning CS0436: The type `Google.GData.Client.HttpUtility' conflicts with the imported type `Google.GData.Client.HttpUtility'. Ignoring the imported type definition
    I think they are using different versions of the DLL so I can't delete the one from GoogleFu (can't find Autopilot's) as I get the following error.

Code (csharp):
    2. Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    4. Unhandled Exception: Mono.CSharp.InternalErrorException: Assets/GoogleFu/Editor/GoogleFu.cs(12,30): GoogleFu.GoogleFuEditor ---> Mono.CSharp.InternalErrorException: Assets/GoogleFu/Editor/GoogleFu.cs(19,71): GoogleFu.GoogleFuEditor._service ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Google.GData.Client, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=04a59ca9b0273830' or one of its dependencies.
    6. File name: 'Google.GData.Client, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=04a59ca9b0273830'
    8.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:InternalGetType (System.Reflection.Module,string,bool,bool)
    10.   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType (System.String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean
    Is there anyway to avoid this? Thanks.

21. Ferazel

Ferazel

There is a bug introduced with Unity 4.5 with changes to the AppController.mm file.

To fix, please change TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs line 255 to something like
    Code (CSharp):
    1. output = Regex.Replace(output, @"(extern ""C"" void UnityRunUnitTests\(\);\n)", prototypes+"\n$1");

22. danien

danien

Since Xcode changed its naming convention when it automatically creates the developer identities (from iPhone* to iOS *), Autopilot can no longer find these identities, which disables the Build button.

I changed the regex pattern in TestFlightDeveloperIdentities.cs, line 32, from (iPhone.*) to (iOS.*) and this seemed to fix the issue.