Unity Community

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Tulsa, OK
    @zhx,

I have had Testflight take up to 20 minutes to register checkpoints and even session logs. That's on bad days. On good days, it seems to work almost instantaneously. But the bottomline we have found is it can be very variable in how long it takes to display the information a tester has generated. So you may just want to make sure you give it time.

Allan

2. Posts
    @Chaneya
    thanks for the tip. SOME of the sessions and checkpoints did end up appearing on the TestFlight website hours afterward, but only a small portion of the events that we were able to confirm were sent to TestFlight. Maybe it was a multi-hour long glitch on their end, we're prepping a new build to go up soon, hopefully there wont be the same issues with our next build.
    all your neutron are belong to neutrinoless-double-beta-decay....
    psimek.com

3. Posts

Anonymous users in session data

Hello,

I've been having problems with new testers showing up as "Anonymous user" in session data and feedback. I've been back and forth with TestFlight support and they're pointing me to this page: http://blog.testflightapp.com/post/1...dk-udid-access. Basically, we're supposed to call +setDeviceIdentifierNSString)deviceIdentifier to allow TestFlight to differentiate users. I've tried adding this call myself in my native code, but AutoPilot fails when this is included.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an update planned to address this?

Also, how soon can we expect Autopilot to work with the latest Xcode? Xcode 4.3 won't allow me to debug iPhone's with 5.1 installed, which is becoming a major time drain.

Thanks for your help.

4. Posts
    And of course, now that I've asked for help, I may have found my problem. I had placed checks for TESTFLIGHT_SDK_ENABLED being defined in my native code. Turns out it's only defined inside script. Hopefully this gets my calls to TFLog working as well.

5. Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Anyone else having trouble uploading to TestFlight?

I can access the website just fine, but I'm getting:
    AutoPilot: Stage Upload failed:An error occured uploading to testflight. Please check that you can access testflightapp.com
    Additional Output:
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    TestFlightBuildWindow:CheckProcessErrors() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:281)
    TestFlightBuildWindow:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:189)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()
    It goes through the whole process, sits at the end of the upload progress bar for quite a while, and then either silently fails with no message after "AutoPilot: dSYM zipped, upload starting" or pops up this error.
    Last edited by God at play; 04-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.

6. Location
    Des Moines, IA
    I think this might be a global, or at least multi-user, TestFlight issue. I see the twitter accounting noting an 'unexpected error' issue and asking for users to upload their IPA via the contact form. I'm doing that now, hopefully they'll get the issue sorted soon!
    Last edited by God at play; 04-11-2012 at 11:34 AM.

7. Posts
    @Jim Dose:
    If you have the spare time, could you please detail how you went about fixing the new UDID-less "anonymous user issue"? We're experiencing the same thing here Did you manually edit the "TestFlight.h" in the autoPilot folder(inside the assets folder)?

@CrateSmith:
    do you know of a means of doing a fix in the AutoPilot prefs, such as that described by Jim Dose? I'd emphasize the new "setDeviceIdentifier" method in the SDK for allowing proper TestFlight device session/checkpoint tracking.

I found the code below in TestFlight.h, inside the AutoPilot folder:

/**
    * Sets the Device Identifier.
    * The SDK no longer obtains the device unique identifier. This method should only be used during testing so that you can
    * identify a testers test data with them. If you do not provide the identifier you will still see all session data, with checkpoints
    * and logs, but the data will be anonymized.
    * It is recommended that you only use this method during testing. We also recommended that you wrap this method with a pre-processor
    * directive that is only active for non-app store builds.
    * #ifndef RELEASE
    * [TestFlight setDeviceIdentifier:[[UIDevice currentDevice] uniqueIdentifier]];
    * #endif
    * @param deviceIdentifier The current devices device identifier
    */
    + (void)setDeviceIdentifierNSString*)deviceIdentifer;
    Last edited by zhx; 04-12-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    psimek.com

8. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhx View Post
    @Jim Dose:
    If you have the spare time, could you please detail how you went about fixing the new UDID-less "anonymous user issue"? We're experiencing the same thing here Did you manually edit the "TestFlight.h" in the autoPilot folder(inside the assets folder)?
    @zhx:

I'm still getting Anonymous users, so it didn't fix it, but TestFlight support had given me some steps to have my testers follow, so I'm trying that now.

Here's how to add setDeviceIdentifier to your project. Create a file in your assets folder called Export.m (or any name with the extension '.m'). Add to it:

#include "TestFlight.h"

void _SetDeviceIdentifier() {
    [TestFlight setDeviceIdentifier:[[UIDevice currentDevice] uniqueIdentifier]];
    }
    Place a copy of "TestFlight.h" to the same folder. Then, in one of your scripts add:

public class NativeCode {
    [DllImport ("__Internal")]
    private static extern void _SetDeviceIdentifier();

public static void SetDeviceIdentifier() {
    _SetDeviceIdentifier();
    }
    }
    That's it. Just call NativeCode.SetDeviceIdentifier() at startup. Remember to remove this code at release.

9. Posts
    @Jim Dose:
    Thanks for the walkthrough !

I still havent gotten rid of the anonymous only logging too
    psimek.com

10. Posts
    aside from the annoying new Anonymous users issue with TestFlight & AutoPilot, is anyone getting the issue of having the App's Icon (for the home screen) being stripped out of builds recently? Most of my builds, after upload, have the generic Unity App Icon now, and not the App's custom icon that builds and installs properly through xcode.
    psimek.com

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhx View Post
    aside from the annoying new Anonymous users issue with TestFlight & AutoPilot, is anyone getting the issue of having the App's Icon (for the home screen) being stripped out of builds recently? Most of my builds, after upload, have the generic Unity App Icon now, and not the App's custom icon that builds and installs properly through xcode.
    Not sure if it's the same thing, but our lo-res icons are somehow being modified to look like they're low color depth. Not sure what's causing it since I have all the import settings set to not resize them or compress them.

12. Posts
    on the builds where the Unity logo(icon) isnt replacing our App's custom icon, we too are seeing some massive degradation of quality and color from the original icon image. There are a number of odd issues that have recently started turning up with Unity 3.5f1/TestFlight/AutoPilot
    psimek.com

13. Posts
    Hi I'v just purchased AutoPilot for Unity iPhone basic. I tried using it and i keep getting this message. (Below)

So i opened a new project and added a cube and tried to build that but i get the same message, does anyone no how to fix this?

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/lee/Testflighttest/builds/iPhone/Classes/AppController.mm".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,Sy stem.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamReader:.ctor (string)
    TestFlightBuildPipeline.AddRemoveTestFlightSDKToAp pController (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, Boolean enabled) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs:120)
    TestFlightBuildPipeline.PostBuildPlayer (.TestFlightPreferences preferences, Boolean buildResult) (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildPipeline.cs:260)
    TestFlightNonProBuildStep.Update () (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightNonProBuildStep.cs:83)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate ()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateF unctions ()

Many Thanks

14. Location
    WA, USA
    I also am getting the annoying anonymous user issue. Has anyone had any luck resolving this yet?

15. Location
    New Jersey
    Awesome product, I feel like an idiot for not finding/investing in this sooner.

16. Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Agreed 100%. TestFlight is amazing enough. With this though? Mind-blowing combination

I participated in a Startup Weekend making a photo/drawing app with NGUI and AutoPilot. I was able to make the app, send out about 10 builds, and have little kids testing by later Saturday into Sunday.

We won the competition with me as the sole developer, and I have AutoPilot to thank as part of that success!

17. Location
    WA, USA
    My Unity project pane is getting a little unwieldy and in dire need of organization. This would be greatly helped if I moved all 3rd party plugins and scripts into a folder called "ThirdParty". This worked great for mostly everything except for AutoPilot. I resolved most of my issues by doing a 'Find and Replace in Files', switching:
    "Assets/AutoPilot/
    for
    "Assets/ThirdParty/AutoPilot/

and also:
    "Assets/Plugins/iOS/
    for
    "Assets/ThirdParty/Plugins/iOS/

But now I'm getting not very helpful error messages when I attempt to Build from AutoPilot.

Could the paths be relative or is there any other way to make this easier to move the folder without AutoPilot being so rigid?

Thanks.

18. Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    The paths are also used outside the editor scripts for the compilation etc if I recall right in which case it will simply fail.
    Also I am not completely sure that it can work like this any longer as Unity is a bit pesky about Plugins not in Assets/Plugins when it comes to native libraries. it works fine for code importation order but out of my experience not needfully for libraries meant to be included in generated projects so it could fail simply due to that.

19. Posts
    Hi, I know it's an odd question but, do we need apple developer account (99$) to use TestFlight? Can I send a build to my iphone using TestFlight? thanks...

20. Posts
    Make sure you're actually putting the build where it tells you to, not in a folder called "Builds" inside of it. I just had the same problem and that was the solution.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast