Unity Community

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Seoul. KR
    Hi, Cratesmith

I bought auto pilot today, and it works well.

Just one questiion. Is it possible to deploy in-house/enterprise builds using autopilot? looks like test flight support enterprise build now.

2. Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Hi cratesmith here is the entire log:

Code:  
    1. AutoPilot: Stage BuildProject failed:An error occured trying to build the .app file, please ensure you can manually build an iPhone project at the build location: builds/iPhone
    2. Additional Output:2012-01-12 11:29:37.131 xcodebuild[4699:2703] No recorder, buildTask: <Xcode3BuildTask: 0x200c285a0:'CompileC AppController.mm':REfc(0):deps=1:phaseNum=10>
    3. ** BUILD FAILED **
    6. The following build commands failed:
    7.     Ld autopilot/powerball.app/powerball normal armv7
    8. (1 failure)
    10. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    11. TestFlightBuildWindow:CheckProcessErrors() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:281)
    12. TestFlightBuildWindow:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:189)
    13. UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()

however i get this error only when i check the "build with testflight sdk" option, if i uncheck it everything builds and deploys fine which is very weird...i have the sdk downloaded and installed properly. Plz take a look at it.
    dayummm

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onllm View Post
    Hi cratesmith here is the entire log:

Code:  
    1. AutoPilot: Stage BuildProject failed:An error occured trying to build the .app file, please ensure you can manually build an iPhone project at the build location: builds/iPhone
    2. Additional Output:2012-01-12 11:29:37.131 xcodebuild[4699:2703] No recorder, buildTask: <Xcode3BuildTask: 0x200c285a0:'CompileC AppController.mm':REfc(0):deps=1:phaseNum=10>
    3. ** BUILD FAILED **
    6. The following build commands failed:
    7.     Ld autopilot/powerball.app/powerball normal armv7
    8. (1 failure)
    10. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    11. TestFlightBuildWindow:CheckProcessErrors() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:281)
    12. TestFlightBuildWindow:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/AutoPilot/Editor/Scripts/TestFlightBuildWindow.cs:189)
    13. UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()

however i get this error only when i check the "build with testflight sdk" option, if i uncheck it everything builds and deploys fine which is very weird...i have the sdk downloaded and installed properly. Plz take a look at it.
    Interesting,
    it's a different error... but it's similar to another bug that another user has reported recently (also failing to build the app if testflight SDK is enabled).

If possible could you email me your skype details and I can give you a call to figure out the issue tomorrow? (send to cratesmith@cratesmith.com)

4. Posts
    Additionally, if anyone else is experiencing this issue can you please email me the following details:
    1. version of number unity you're running (and also is it pro or basic?)
    2. xcode version number
    3. osx version
    4. type of apple developer account (personal/team/enterprise)

Please email the details to cratesmith@cratesmith.com and I'll be in touch.

Cheers!

5. Posts

Just a heads up folks.

Some people using the latest version of the 3.5 preview have let me know they're having issues with the TestFlight SDK not capturing sessions and crashes.

I'm working on a fix for this now so hang tight.

Please let me know if you are experiencing the "cannot build with SDK enabled" issue though as that is a different problem that I still need help reproducing.

6. Location
    Tulsa, OK

Builds and Uploads but crashes during splashscreen

Cratesmith,

I'm wondering if you've seen this issue before:

I installed Autopilot and the TestflighSDK no problem in my project.
    I ran through the instructions set by step in the readme.

AutoPilot Builds, Packages and Uploads to Testflight just fine. I get the Build and Upload complete message in Unity.

I see the build in Testflight but when I download it to my iPad from testflight and try to run the game, it crashes during the splashscreen back to iOS. (I can deploy to my ipad with no problems directly from Unity and I can build an .ipa in Xcode and upload to Testflight with no problems.)

My console in Unity has the following messages:
    AutoPilot: Existing Xcode project found: appending
    AutoPilot: dSym found, zipping
    Warning: AutoPilot: dSym zipping failed. Upload continuing without dSym
    AutoPilot: Build & Upload complete.

I'm running with:
    Unity 3.4.2f3 iOS Pro, Xcode 4.2.1, OSX Lion 10.7.2

I have Player settings at:
    iPhone + iPad
    armv6 (OpenGL ES1.1)
    Native (default device)

.Net 2.0 Subset
    iOS Latest
    Target iOS Version 4.3
    Stripping Use micro mscorlib
    Slow and Safe

I feel like there is something simple missing. Perhaps a permissions issue in Lion.

Any help would be great.

Allan Chaney

7. Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Does this plugin work with 3.5? I know it won't be supported - but I'm curious if it will work at all given some of the changes to how Unity builds its stuff with XCode.
    Current Projects: Sojourner, Imperium

8. Location
    Joburg, South Africa
    First off, thank you for a totally kickass tool

Now for the gripe/suggestion;
    The really simple one-click build & upload approach is generally great-except that the AutoPilot progress window (the one with the checkboxes, not the progress bar) is fixed in place. This means after doing a build of a large project, Unity is not really fully usable while the upload progresses. Also, this doesn't allow for a device test step (sometimes needed) before the upload.

Two things would be good for this:
    1) A "Build" button in addition to the "Build and Upload" button that just does all the nasty XCode Adhoc stuff and opens the build location, along with an Upload button that uploads the most recent IPA.
    2) The ability to move/dock the progress window so it can be moved out the way and work can continue while the upload progresses.

Thanks,
    Matt

9. Posts
    Hey there,
    This sounds like a new error.

Is is possible for me to go over this with you over skype?
    If you can, please email me at cratesmith@cratesmith.com and I'll try to help you through the problem

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce View Post
    Does this plugin work with 3.5? I know it won't be supported - but I'm curious if it will work at all given some of the changes to how Unity builds its stuff with XCode.
    Hi there,
    the version on the asset store will work with 3.5, but the testflight SDK won't integrate.

I have a fix for this on the way that I'm hoping to submit to the asset store by the weekend.

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbenic View Post
    First off, thank you for a totally kickass tool

Now for the gripe/suggestion;
    The really simple one-click build & upload approach is generally great-except that the AutoPilot progress window (the one with the checkboxes, not the progress bar) is fixed in place. This means after doing a build of a large project, Unity is not really fully usable while the upload progresses. Also, this doesn't allow for a device test step (sometimes needed) before the upload.

Two things would be good for this:
    1) A "Build" button in addition to the "Build and Upload" button that just does all the nasty XCode Adhoc stuff and opens the build location, along with an Upload button that uploads the most recent IPA.
    2) The ability to move/dock the progress window so it can be moved out the way and work can continue while the upload progresses.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Glad you like it!

With your suggestions
    #1, If I implement this I would probably make it so that there is just a build option that is "test on device before upload". The reason being that the purpose of the plugin is to give a one button solution. I'll add this to the list of tasks for a later version

#2, I know that locking the editor during a build is a pain, but I've done it intentionally as it prevents a number of places where things could go wrong. I unfortunately don't have time to support all the possible errors this could create.
    - if you want to make the editor stay unlocked in your own build. Simply comment out any references to ProgressBar in TestFlightBuildWindow.cs.

12. Posts
    Oh and sorry about the lack of prompt updates lately,
    I'm currently in the process of moving to a different country and in the final stages of finishing this game,

So please bear with me being a little slower than usual over the next month or two

13. Location
    Joburg, South Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratesmith View Post
    #1, If I implement this I would probably make it so that there is just a build option that is "test on device before upload". The reason being that the purpose of the plugin is to give a one button solution. I'll add this to the list of tasks for a later version
    Ok, great thanks, yeah that would help with part of the problem.

#2, I know that locking the editor during a build is a pain, but I've done it intentionally as it prevents a number of places where things could go wrong. I unfortunately don't have time to support all the possible errors this could create.
    - if you want to make the editor stay unlocked in your own build. Simply comment out any references to ProgressBar in TestFlightBuildWindow.cs.
    I'm guessing you mean dealing with changes to the project while you're building, I'm really just looking at being able to interact once the ipa is done, so no more building really needed. I'll look into commenting out the progress bar though, thanks.

Another question, our projects are currently on Asset Server, and I find that my TestFlight settings (API keys, etc) don't persist across to other machines. Where are these stored? Is there a way to have them end up in version control?

14. Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Cratesmith,

Thanks for getting back.

I uninstalled everything per the instructions in the .rtf and reimported. I also deleted the xml files just to be sure I was removing everything.

Now my AutoPilot upload to TestFlight works mostly. The main difference this time around is I left everything at it's default in the AutoPilot user preferences. So provisioning profile is: default(chosen by Xcode), Xcode Build Scheme: N/A, iOS codeSign Identity: iOS Developer. And that seems to work as far as uploading the ipa to TestFlight and running the TestFlight build on my iPad.

Before, I had changed the above defaults to the same option I choose when building an ipa in Xcode and of course AutoPilot did the build, uploaded to TestFlight but the game crashed during the Splashscreen.

Now I'm just wondering why no Sessions are recorded in TestFlight and my TestFlightSDK.PassCheckpoint("Passed Level 1"); is not recorded at the TestFlight website. However I placed a TestFlightSDK.OpenFeedbackView(); at the same point in the code and the Testflight dialog opened up while playing on the iPad. So I know the SDK is runnning. However no data is being passed to TestFlight as far as I can tell.

Any tips in that regards. I also continue to get the .dSym zipping failed warning in the console.

Thanks
    Allan
    Last edited by chaneya; 01-25-2012 at 08:49 AM.

15. Location
    Tulsa, OK

No Session Data or Checkpoints at TestFlight Website

Cratesmith,

Just to summarize my current issue:

AutoPilot builds fine and uploads to Testflight with the TestFlighSDK and I can run the TestFlight build on my iPad.

But I'm not getting any Session data recorded in TestFlight.

My Checkpoints are also not being recorded in Testflight yet I get the OpenFeedbackView dialog on my iPad. Of course the feedback entered into that dialog is also not making it back to TestFlight.

Since the OpenFeedBackView dialog appears, I assume that means the SDK is running when I run the TestFlight build.

Do you have any idea why no data is being transmitted back to the TestFlight website?

Thanks
    Allan

16. Posts
    Ok, great thanks, yeah that would help with part of the problem.
    Another question, our projects are currently on Asset Server, and I find that my TestFlight settings (API keys, etc) don't persist across to other machines. Where are these stored? Is there a way to have them end up in version control?
    There are two xml files stored in the root project folder who's names start with "TestFligtht"
    One of these is your team settings, which should be checked into source control.
    The other is your user settings which probably shouldn't be (as these vary user to user, and change every build)

I've never used the Asset server however.
    If it can only sync the asset folder then the team settings needs to be saved in there.

17. Location
    Joburg, South Africa
    I've never used the Asset server however.
    If it can only sync the asset folder then the team settings needs to be saved in there.
    Thanks. Yup, it syncs the Assets folder.

18. Posts
    Thanks. Yup, it syncs the Assets folder.
    Righto, I'll add it to my list of things to fix. (only the team settings will get added there of course)

19. Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Kieran,

AutoPilot works great now!! I wanted to repost this message from our e-mail exchange because I just want people to know how great I think AutoPilot is.

I've tried to recreate my issue but between deleting numerous Xcode files from my project folder, changing the default path of the AutoPilot build and updating to your new version 2.24, I've lost track of which exact steps in what order I did to get the SDK to communicate. (At the same time I was trying these things, I was doing messy manual plugin hacks to get C# linked to Objective C in Xcode.)

Here is what I know: I changed the default path of build/iPhone to /GlassLand in Autopilot so AutoPilot built to the same folder my normal builds go to. I also deleted the existing Xcodeproj file from that same folder. And finally I updated to your new version 2.24......not in that particular order. But then everything worked and I'm pretty sure I heard trumpets in the background.

That trumpet sound was my subconscious breathing a huge sigh of relief that I wouldn't have to deal with Xcode and manually linking up my C# project to the mess that is Objective C as viewed through the muddy lens that is Xcode.

I would pay double for AutoPilot's implementation of the TestFlight SDK. It's worth every cent of $50.

Allan Chaney

20. Posts
    Hey everyone, I've just submitted an update to the asset store. It fixes two major issues.

- TestFlight SDK support for Unity 3.5 developer preview
    - dSYM should only upload if it was built by the current build (version 2.23b will upload old dSYM files if they're left in the build folder)

It should be up on the asset store soon

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast