Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial version of unity

Discussion in 'Android' started by AARyuzakiKK, Aug 14, 2011.

1. AARyuzakiKK

AARyuzakiKK

Hi,

I'm a new developer in the android scene.

I haven't a team. And i'm starting to use unity for make one simple game for android.

The problem is that i haven't 400$ for unity because i'm a teen and I haven't a lot of money.

The question is: Can I sell/distribute for free my game for android with the trial version of unity? And after this, when I make some money, buy unity?

2. zine92

zine92

You need the android license to publish android games. The 30 day trial only covers unity pro and ios pro.

3. AARyuzakiKK

AARyuzakiKK

No,

The trial is Unity Pro + iOS Pro + Android Pro ( http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/87235-Android-Trial ).

I read the faq, but this will be my first game, and I can't pay 400$ for the android license, because if with the my game will I take only 50$? I lose 350$, and i haven't this money.

If I publish it with the trial, when I take about 300$ I can buy the license with no problem.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

you don't pay $400 per title.
    Its one time, so you can release 10 titles with it to make up for it again.

The license is trial:
    1. it will be water marked
    2. you can't support your game which will make you lose for sure, cause the trial is 30 day limited and beyond that you are out. at worst you even use android pro features out of not knowing it etter, which would cost you $3000 to get back

my recommendation: use the free unity license and develop for desktop and web, build some inflow that way (kongregate, facebook, ...) and then expand or get a simple job, even delivery of news papers and whatever. $400 is not that lot in the end, just a matter of being dedicated getting it

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. SRH

SRH

This is wrong, you are not allowed to release anything made with the TRIAL

Copy&paste from the FAQ

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

corrected text accordingly

Thought to have read it otherwise.

In the end, its not reasonable to use it anyway due to point 2 on the list - you can't support it, great way to kill your reputation before you started

7. Jop_V

Jop_V