Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Install_parse_failed_no_certificates

Discussion in 'Android' started by akasurreal, Aug 12, 2011.

1. akasurreal

akasurreal

Ok so I am coming back to an Android project I haven't messed with in a year and a new install of Unity on a new machine. After getting past a number of other problems, I now have it building to the phone but right after it installs the APK, I get this error:

Code (csharp):
    1. Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]
    I have googled this and people are talking about making sure you have deleted old packages and what not. I have done this and has made no difference.

I have also tried creating a new keystore and still no go.

At my wit's end at the moment and would appreciate any help. Also I have tried running this:

jarsigner -verify -verbose -certs mypackage.apk

It says:

Code (csharp):
    1. jar verified.
    3. Warning:
    4. This jar contains entries whose certificate chain is not validated.
    Edit: I just checked some other packages that I made awhile ago and get the same output, and they still install just fine, so I guess that's normal.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. akasurreal

akasurreal

Here's what appears to be the relevant lines from the logcat:

Code (csharp):
    1. W/PackageParser(   96): Exception reading assets/bin/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll in /mnt/asec/smdl2tmp1/pkg.apk
    2. W/PackageParser(   96): java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/BOWQUEST.SF has invalid digest for assets/bin/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll in /mnt/asec/smdl2tmp1/pkg.apk
    3. W/PackageParser(   96):     at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.invalidDigest(JarVerifier.java:130)
    4. W/PackageParser(   96):     at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.verifyCertificate(JarVerifier.java:357)
    5. W/PackageParser(   96):     at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.readCertificates(JarVerifier.java:265)
    6. W/PackageParser(   96):     at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:389)
    7. W/PackageParser(   96):     at android.content.pm.PackageParser.loadCertificates(PackageParser.java:342)
    8. W/PackageParser(   96):     at android.content.pm.PackageParser.collectCertificates(PackageParser.java:513)
    9. W/PackageParser(   96):     at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:5802)
    10. W/PackageParser(   96):     at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$2200(PackageManagerService.java:137)
    11. W/PackageParser(   96):     at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:4566)
    12. W/PackageParser(   96):     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
    13. W/PackageParser(   96):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    14. W/PackageParser(   96):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
    15. W/PackageParser(   96):     at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
    16. E/PackageParser(   96): Package com.fizzpow.BowQuestPM2 has no certificates at entry assets/bin/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll; ignoring!
    So it's failing on /Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll

Still not sure where to go from there though??

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  3. akasurreal

akasurreal

Please anyone? I am completely dead in the water here and have no clue what to do. Is there any official support I can get on this perhaps?

4. akasurreal

akasurreal

Bumping this, because I still am stuck here, thanks!

5. akasurreal

akasurreal

GRRRR, I just figured this out. JDK 7, Don't USE IT! =) I downgraded to JDK 6 and this fixed the issue along with another issue I was having implementing the TapJoy plugin. Someone should probably look into why JDK 7 breaks stuff since I am sure I won't be the only one that decides to just download the latest version on a re-install.

6. ALKP

ALKP

Just signed up to this forum to say thank you. Was having the same problem for the past two days.

7. akasurreal

akasurreal

You are welcome, I am glad my four days of hell will at least help someone else =)

8. luvcraft

luvcraft

aha! Rolling back to JDK 6 worked for me, too!

My case was especially bad, since I didn't know what the "expected behavior" was for trying to install a certified app locally, and I thought that the "certification failed" error I was getting was normal!

9. Orion

Orion

Thanks for saving me another two days of hell :)

10. fox

fox

did the trick for me too, maybe this should be pointed out in some area of the documentation?

11. mhardy

mhardy

+1 Thanks for taking one for the team akasurreal. We're all greatful. ;) Fixed me as well.

12. akasurreal

akasurreal

:)

I also realized why OSX users would not run into this very easily, JDK 6 is pre-installed by the OS. Pretty handy when I was working on my Mac the other day.

13. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

+1
    thank you akasurreal
    reinstalling to JDK 6 (+ PATH windows variable added) and Unity Android is working NOW

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  14. dstrawberrygirl

dstrawberrygirl

+1

Thanks for the help akasurreal - this fixed it for me too!

15. gon2024

gon2024

akasurreal,you're my life saver !

Please Unity guys, update documentation on this :!::

DO NOT USE JDK 7 FOR SIGNING applications for Android.

The phone just display "Application not installed" , and adb logcat says :
    Package com.Xxxxx.yyyy has no certificates at entry assets/bin/Data/Mana

Downgrade to JDK6 (don't forget to aim pour PATH env variable to its bin directory).

16. biobronch

biobronch

I had this JDK7 signing problem with BD-J jars (which also use self-signed certificates) - adding the root certificate as trusted CA to the certificate store solved the problem (keytool -importcert -trustcacerts -file root.crt ...).

Hope this helps!

17. Surreal

Surreal

problem apparently fixed -- I again uninstalled JDK alltogether, and reinstalled 6 -- things look ok, submitting to market now and crossing fingers.

So I was having the signing problem, and downgrading to JDK6 did fix it -- and jarsigner now properly verifies the file.

But unfortunately, I am still unable to install the app. When I download it off my server, it fails to install. When using Unity to Build Run, I'm getting this INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES

I'm unable to sign the app directly using keytool/jarsigner because unity signs it with the debug certificate and there's a byte count mismatch.

48 hours and counting -- any thoughts are appreciated

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  18. sampson3333

sampson3333

I have the same problem, thanks, I have solved it.

19. Dreeka

Dreeka

It has solved my problem aswell, thanks! :)

20. SeikoTheWiz

SeikoTheWiz

I had to same problem! Thank you!

21. Breakmachine

Breakmachine

I have the exact same problem but uninstalling all JDK and then installing JDK 6 (32 bit) still fails....

22. Breakmachine

Breakmachine

How do I aim PATH env variable to bin directory?

23. Breakmachine

Breakmachine

I managed to change PATH and now it works. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. BazLevelUp

BazLevelUp

I have downgraded to JDK6, set the PATH env variable but I still get
    "Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]"
    :(
    Can anyone help me ?

Edit : I found the solution here. You need to create your keystore using the JDK6, you can't create a keystore using JDK7, realize it doesn't work, downgrade, and then valid the keystore create with jdk7. You must do everything using JDK6.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  25. PJisAnarchist

PJisAnarchist

Thx BazLevelUp too! Mother effing jdk7... After recreating keystore with jdk6, everything seemed to build nice and it installed well. Let see if GGplay handles it well too when I publish.
    Double thumbs up dudes.

26. Flarup

Flarup

Apparently this issue is still a problem, so thanks a lot for your help in this thread! In addition to the JDK downgrade I also had to create a new keystore using keytool from JDK6, but once that was done it solved the problem.

27. ackarkka

ackarkka

this is not fixed...Unity or Java or Android...one of the three of you please address this issue

two machines...one w7-64 the other w7-32, both downgraded to JDK/JRE 6

w7-64 machine created keystore and passwords and what not..can install to galaxy S and to nexus 7...w7-32 can install to galaxy S but can not install to nexus 7...

keystore files (that i can find) were checked into svn by w7-64 machine...

very frustrating and very much a show stopper

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  28. wormy

wormy