Search Unity

Map Pack Development Thread!! Release coming soon....

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by N-Dev-Games, Aug 11, 2011.

1. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Hello World,

I am back with an update on the map pack releases. I had a month delay on the project due to the development of my puzzle game "Word Hero" (screens soon). But none the less I have made great progress and will be releasing 2 maps in the coming month. You can now check up on my progress and actively critique the project.

Here is a link:http://lucidgamerstudios.webs.com//-%20New%20Folder/WebPlayer.html

I am also open to releasing the maps on an exclusive rights basis. I have not come up with a price point as of yet, that is what the below thread or this one is for.

Remember this is a work in progress is alot of things are just blocked out. The lighting was just to throw this up and get a feel for the direction. Also there are panels in the level that are one sided but they will be replaced with chainlink fences also around the tank.

Below is my original thread:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/89291-Complete-FPS-Level-Packs

So, I would like to know if you guys would be interested in purchasing Map Packs with props included. When you think of Map Packs think of an FPS Multiplayer Level, similar to those released for COD, GOW and BF2. This would include all textures, all props, the level and even prop placement (Default). The props could of course be moved to whatever position you wish. People could just purchase the pack and drop in the characters.

The maps wouldn't be limited to FPS Maps. So what do you guys think about something like that? And what wold be a good price point?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Also, scale may be off on some things but remember this is a block out and the final result is going to be great. This map is more designed for a capture the flag type of deal.with 3 central locations that are ideal for the flag. There are also multiple ways to access all areas.

3. 3dDude

3dDude

What do you mean release? Does that mean the source of the level? Including all props inside the level?

Because I noticed what looks like my fire pack. And I am not sure if things like that would be included in the release.

Thanks.

4. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

I mean the level and yes I purchased your fire pack a while ago for my own project, but no I will not be including any one else work in the pack. Those things are there to add to the feel. People are only purchasing the level itself.

This level was actually for my project but I am going to add it with the other levels I am selling in my map packs to fund my need for plug-ins and other things. I actually have a questioins for you in regards to that pack..

5. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Also, I can remove it from the demo if you would like!!

6. 3dDude

3dDude

No, thats fine :)

Thanks for replying.

Ask away :p

7. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

the candle flame which has been working fine, decided once I added a second one that it would lower its opacity to the point where you can barely see it. I deleted the other flame and started back over with one but it remains the same. I reimported the package and even started a new package but it won't change. Funny cause before I tried to add more than one it was perfectly bright. Or was it not supposed to be bright at all.

8. 3dDude

3dDude

It is supposed to be bright... Check the material and particle animator settings. As well as the texture. To see if the opacity is normal. Also make sure that the flame prefab is even there. There may be a problem and only smoke is rendering. If all else fails, send me a few screenshots or a video and I will see what I can do.

Cheers!

9. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

ok, will check tomm. Texturing the maps right now. Did you check it out?

10. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Update: New photos added

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  11. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

No feed back huh?

12. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

It's very large and untextured.

I understand it's not done, but my suggestion, when it comes to selling a level pack is to provide not only a level, but a breakdown of assets. It's hard to understand what anyone would be buying from the demo. If you look at most packs, they provide a 3/4 view and breakout of assets, such as; hallway, t-junction, large room, small room.

It's hard to understand what someone could do with your assets, other than run around in it. I think most people want something like "Lego blocks" to construct their own environment, even if it's got "your" pack's look.

13. IonDave

IonDave

What 3d software are you using?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  14. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

I use 3ds Max, and also the level I uploaded is a rough copy. The pack will include all assets to construct your own level thats why I am not light mapping anything. But I will preplace things for those who may just want to tweak and not construct. Textures will be in the next update as you can see from the pictures.