Search Unity

$10 eCPM GUARANTEED. Meet RevMob!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RevMob, May 7, 2012.

1. RevMob

RevMob

LIMITED TIME OFFER: RevMob is guaranteeing $10 eCPM on iOS to all Unity developers that send an e-mail to luis@revmob.com. This offer is valid until further notice.

Tired of 50 cents eCPM banners?! Then you must integrate RevMob and take advantage of our +$10 eCPM ad unit. It's a simple pop-up that invites the user to download a free game. Visit www.revmob.com for more information.

Ad Network Highlights:
    • Unity integration supported.
    • Real-Time Reporting, 100% transparent.
    • Available for iPhone, iPad and Android.
    • One line of code implementation.
    • Payment Methods: PayPal or Bank Wire.

Find More About RevMob:
    Our team is made of tech savvies and entrepreneurs from the internet and mobile arena. Most of us have developed games before and we were very disappointed with the eCPM we were getting. The ad units simply didn't fit our games and certainly didn't address the needs of our gamers. We knew higher eCPMs were possible and that would be a deal breaker to keep many developers in business.

Under the leadership of Gui Shvartsman, founder and CEO of Best, Cool and Fun Games, we started a revolution. No longer ads would be a secondary source of income for developers. Now advertising should be the main engine of our apps. Developers could focus on making the best games they could and keep their audience happy. RevMob would do all the rest.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

Is this like an introductory offer and going to be lowered later?

Does the games release date have to fall within the limited time? Or just signup?

Could you give any info on how the higher rates are achieved?

3. _Petroz

_Petroz

That sounds really great, I do like the idea of having ads that generate real revenue. I have a few questions.

1. When you say "eCPM" you mean dollars per thousand impressions, where an impression is a displayed ad which is not nessecarily clicked on by the end user, correct? Or are you offering $10 per 1000 installs of these 3rd party applications?

2. What effort do you make to have the free application relevent to the game? Say I make a game "Pony Paradise", is there a chance that there will be unrelated things like poker games advertised in it?

3. What kind of quality control do you have on these third party applications? On Android there can be some very suspect apps out there and this kind of in app advertising seems a common method of distribution, so this is a possible concern for me.

4. What makes you different? The income you're offerring seem significantly better than other services why is that?

5. What countries are you active in?

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. Prion Games

Prion Games

Seems to be a scam to advertise there games. They seem to have founded December last year, just a few months ago and with such claims of $10, I see $25-$50 on site.

http://www.whois.net/whois/revmob.com

Not even a registered company nor even have a company building. Why give ad rates that are almost 10x's higher than Google Adsense and have virtually no gain? Everything sounds wrong so far about it.

I will give a fair try at proving themselves but seems very fishy.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  5. RevMob

RevMob

Unity Community,
    Thanks a lot for posting your questions. Please find below my answers:

@Luke
    Is this like an introductory offer and going to be lowered later?
    I'm offering to you a $10 guaranteed deal to sign-up with RevMob. The objective is to encourage you to try our service and then spread the good news to your friends. The expected eCPM is actually higher than $10, it hovers between $25 and $50. But since no one out the guarantee publishers nothing more than 50 cents, we are very proud to guarantee $10 regardless of what kind a game you put in.

Does the games release date have to fall within the limited time? Or just signup?
    Just sign-up. Take your time to release the best game possibble.

Could you give any info on how the higher rates are achieved?
    Sure. To earn money with RevMob you need to drive installs. This is much better value proposition to advertisers than simply banners or clicks. Therefore they are willing to pay higher bids per install and this translates in higher eCPM.

6. RevMob

RevMob

@Petroz
    When you say "eCPM" you mean dollars per thousand impressions, where an impression is a displayed ad which is not nessecarily clicked on by the end user, correct? Or are you offering $10 per 1000 installs of these 3rd party applications? .
    I mean dollars per thousand impressions. These impressions are not necessarily clicked by end users. To note, the revenue per install is close to $2.

What effort do you make to have the free application relevent to the game? Say I make a game "Pony Paradise", is there a chance that there will be unrelated things like poker games advertised in it?
    Our advertisers are mostly big farming games companies like Pocket Gems and Tiny Co.They are willing to pay higher bids per downloads.
    From our experience, farming games goes well with most types of games or entertainment apps.

3. What kind of quality control do you have on these third party applications? On Android there can be some very suspect apps out there and this kind of in app advertising seems a common method of distribution, so this is a possible concern for me.
    We work with a limited number of advertisers and they are all respect farming games studios.
    Also, we operate with very high bids (~$2 per install) so there are only few studios that can afford it. This makes the job of certifing new studios fairly easy :)

What makes you different? The income you're offerring seem significantly better than other services why is that?
    The structural reason behind higher eCPMs is driven by the fact that we offer installs and not banners or clicks. Advertisers see a lot of value in this business model and are willling to pay higher bids.

What countries are you active in?
    We are active active across the globe in both Android and iOS platforms. Though I might add that the install bids varies from country to country. Advertisers see more value in US and Europe users than Middle East and Africa for example.

7. RevMob

RevMob

@Eclision
    Thanks a lot for posting your questions. I hope that my answers will bring more credibility to my offer. Also I do encourage you to try our ads and share in the forum your first impressions.

Why does RevMob guarantee $10 but posts in the website $25-$50 eCPM?
    Our average publisher is making $30 dollars of eCPM. But like I said the eCPM varies between country and type of game.
    Let's say that your game is a huge success in the US, then your eCPM is likely to surpass $50 dollars.

Where do we come from? Where are we based?
    RevMob is the child company of Best, Cool and Fun Mobile Games (BCFG). The parent company was founded in 2009 and posted huge success like Ant Smasher (50MM downloads) Buny Shooter (20MM downloads). Its founder, Gui Shvartsman, is a guru of monetization and was able to make several million dollars out of this two games. He then saw a great opportunity to open an ad network focused on pay-per-install or CPA. The algorithym behind RevMob's ad units was initially developed in 2010 and served Ant Smasher and Bunny Shooter. The process matured in 2011 and we decided to roll out to other devs. We are currently based inside BCFG headquarters in São Paulo, Brazil.

8. jeffweber

jeffweber

What is the fill rate for these 10 eCPM ads? If my app is run 1000 unique times, about how many impressions will I get?

9. RevMob

RevMob

RevMob is operating with 99% fill rate. We have unlimited inventory from the top farming games studios. They are avid for your users and are willing to pay ~$2 for each one of them.
    Currently our only ad unit is an interstitial that is most effective if called on application start. Having said that, if your app runs 1000 unique times, you will get 1000 impressions.
    Please mind that we are bringing new ad units next month like banners and buttons that will offer you a more completely monetization arsenal.

10. Antonio Pietra

Antonio Pietra

Hi there! I'm new to this monetization talk. Could you share some good RevMOb implementation examples? thanks

11. _Petroz

_Petroz

I have tested out the RevMob integration and can hopefully shed some light from my experience.

The ad is a modal dialog box that asks the user:

Clicking yes will send you to Play Store (on Android) and take you to the download page for a freemium game. The first one I got was some puzzle game which had some mixed reviews. Among them was one person claiming that it was exploitative and required significant investment of real money to progress. The second time I tried it I was linked to a different game which didn't have any bad reviews on the front page but I didn't dig for them either.

Here is my analysis of 'why' this offers more revenue. Being a modal dialog box it forces user interaction. Having the 'yes' on the right hand side where 'cancel' would normally be makes the user think and process the dialog. It is just a native dialog so it does not look like an advertisement, it just looks like part of the application. So that is why the revenue per impression is so high.

Being freemium games means there is plenty of potential revenue for advertisers to make back. So the high revenue per download means that on average they expect to make more than that back on the new users they acquire.

Overall the integration was easy. It did include a manifest.xml that would have overwritten my own had I not backed it up first. Apart from that it was very easy to use. I haven't tested it on iOS so I cannot comment on that.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  12. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

Trying it out for iOS, I seem to be having two problems.

Imported the package, noticed a C# script and assumed I needed to add it to an object in the scene, but I cant because of the message

"Can't add script behaviour BCFAds. The scripts file name does not match the name of the class defined in the script!"

Also, on build I get an error in Xcode

"No such file or directory: '/Users/LukeHoulihan/Documents/Unity Projects/Op Shield/Build/Libraries/Libraries/BCFAds.a' "

13. _Petroz

_Petroz

All you have to do is add this code to one of your objects:

Code (csharp):
    1. #if UNITY_IPHONE
    2.         BCFAds.SDK.ShowPopup(/* YOUR IOS APP ID */);
    3. #elif UNITY_ANDROID
    4.         BCFAds.SDK.ShowPopup(/* YOUR ANDROID APP ID*/);
    5. #endif
    The ID is created via their website.

14. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

Ah I see! I feel dumb now =/ C# scripts always confuses me for some reason.

Thanks Petroz

Still have the error in Xcode though.

15. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

I ended up just manually moving BCFAds.a to the specified folder and now everything works fine, is this supposed to be automated?

16. RevMob

RevMob

Hi Folks! Thanks for keeping the thread on fire. Please find below my answers:

@Antonio
    Please refer to the following games to see examples on how to integrate RevMob:

Games on App Store: Ant Smasher Christimas; Bunny Shooter Chistimas; Tiny Monsters.
    Games on Google Play: Turtle Run; Rock Bowling.
    To note, those games are delivering +$15 eCPM on iOS.

@Petroz
    Beautiful analysis. You will be amazed once you try the iOS version. Bids are 5x higher.

We understand that there are two types of games:
    Traffic optimizers, who create viral games that don’t have high Revenue Per Install (RPI), usually preferring ads to In-App Purchases. Examples: Temple Run, Angry Birds Android, Ant Smasher.

RPI optimizers, who create non-viral games that have high RPI and rely heavily on In-App Purchases, and mostly not running ads. Examples: Farmville, Tiny Zoo, Tap Pet Hotel.

Our strategy is to offer ads from RPI optimizers games inside traffic optimizers games, therefore creating value to everyone.

@Luke
    I have raised your comment to our SDK team. They should improve our documentation.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  17. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

How long has this service been running outside of Best, Cool Fun Mobile Games titles?

18. RevMob

RevMob

I think I have replied this one directly to Tharsman, but maybe it is of interest of everyne.

RevMob opened for other devs besides Best, Cool Fun Games on early 2012. The first non-corporate app was the popular game Jump Pack.
    Also, the number of devs has been growing ever since. Our latest addition is the entertainment app Fingerprint Security.

19. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

EDIT: deleted post because issue was not caused by rev mob and rev mob is awesome

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  20. RevMob

RevMob

Yuriy, thanks for your kindness!

Are you already a RevMob publisher? Would you like to share your results so far?

Best!
    -luis

21. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hi! nope just a developer.

Also I've been trying to enable the plugin on android however the ads don't appear- this is the debug monitor output:

what does this mean?

EDIT: my androidManifest.xml file looks like so (I didn't edit it and simply found it in the plugins/android) folder
    Code (csharp):
    2. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    3. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:installLocation="preferExternal" package="com.bcfg.teste" android:versionName="1.0" android:versionCode="1">
    5.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    6.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
    7.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>
    8.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS"/>
    10.   <supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" />
    11.   <application android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:debuggable="false">
    12.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
    13.       <intent-filter>
    14.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    15.         <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    16.       </intent-filter>
    17.     </activity>
    18.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
    19.     </activity>
    20.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
    21.       <meta-data android:name="android.app.lib_name" android:value="unity" />
    22.     </activity>
    23.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.VideoPlayer" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
    24.     </activity>
    25.   </application>
    26.   <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00010001" />
    27.   <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7" android:targetSdkVersion="15" />
    28. </manifest>
    I compared it with http://sdk.revmob.com/sdks/android/docs/index.html
    and seems fine

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  22. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

Have you checked through your manifest? That was the only part that gave me problems, because I was combining a moblix ad plugin with the revmob one.

23. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

mm all of my other ad plugins are for iOS

do I need to change the android manifest somehow? (I didn't do anything to it)

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  24. angel_666

angel_666

Hi. Could anyone help me with Unity Android implementation? I download unitypackage from site, import it to my project, add necessary permissions to android manifest, and... What's next? I check whole RevMob site, but can't see any Instructions for Unity.. I have experience with adMob and MobClix implementation, but can't figure out what i must do with Revmob. Any C# code, that I must add to game object or something?

25. _Petroz

_Petroz

@angel_666 see the code snippet in my post on page 1.

26. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

@yuriythebest
    You shouldn't need to edit it then, the one that is imported should work fine.

The other simple thing I would check is that you inserted your revmob app id into the necessary script. I cant remember the name of the script it goes into but it should say something like "application-id-here".

27. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

yup, I did insert the app ID (I have 2 separate ones for iOS and Android that I separate with this binding that I made:

EDIT: this code works- my in app Id was just wrong. Use this code as it is quite convenient
    Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public static class BCFBinding
    5. {
    6.     #if UNITY_ANDROID
    7.         static string bcfAppId="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
    8.     #endif
    9.     #if UNITY_IPHONE
    10.         static string bcfAppId="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
    11.     #endif
    12.     public static string BCF_LEVEL_COUNTER="BCF_LEVEL_COUNTER";
    14.     public static void ShowPopup()
    15.     {
    16.         #if UNITY_IPHONE || UNITY_ANDROID
    17.         BCFAds.SDK.ShowPopup(bcfAppId);
    18.         #endif
    19.     }
    20. }

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  28. angel_666

angel_666

Yes, i tried this, but script return me the error: "The name `BCFAds' does not exist in the current context"

29. Doucettej

Doucettej

I have this same error error: "The name `BCFAds' does not exist in the current context"

30. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hi! I'm still stuck - I've tried the following:
    1.create a new unity3d project, switch to Android
    2. add the BCFAds package
    3. create an empty scene with a camera and a game object with this script:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class Controller : MonoBehaviour {

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
    BCFAds.SDK.ShowPopup("xxxxxxMyCodexxxxxxxx");
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {

}
    }

and nothing happens.

Can the bundle identifier be the cause??

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  31. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Issue solved - seems my in app id was wrong.

32. sama-van

sama-van

Hi,

I just got the following error :(

Does someone know how I could fix it?

EDIT : also made the test removing armv6 to keepthe armv7 and the error give the same with the armv7 =_=

EDIT 2 : made some research concerning the following error I got too :

Code (csharp):
    1. "The name `BCFAds' does not exist in the current context"
    From google I found this :

- http://sdk.revmob.com/sdks/unity/docs/index.html

Then you can read this :

Code (csharp):
    1. RevMob.SDK.ShowPopup("4f99c1a48efc15000c034017");
    If you replace the BCFAds by Revmobs, it will works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  33. sama-van

sama-van

Also always gettings the following error when compiling.
    Then I delete the file to compile one more time and to get it work X_X!!!

Attached Files:

34. kootenay

kootenay

No response from this forum or revmob directly.... some support please?
    tx
    Chris

Looks intriguing... I've signed up, but need a straight forward Unity install implementation. Ideally a javascript version, but if a C version, please tell me what code to use and where to put it for an Android full screen option. I see this code below, and know that I need to insert my own app ID from RevMob site which I have....

RevMob fullscreen = new RevMob.Fullscreen(RevMob.SDK.currentActivity(), "MYIDHERE");
    // ...
    fullscreen.show();

This cs file doesn't work ... BCF errors as mentioned in other posts. Note, I only want fullscreen pop up.... Please if someone can tell me exactly what cs file to write, or modify it as below and where to put it. Attach to any game object?

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public static class BCFBinding

{

#if UNITY_ANDROID

static string bcfAppId="MYIDHERE";

#endif

#if UNITY_IPHONE

static string bcfAppId="MYIDHERE";

#endif

public static string BCF_LEVEL_COUNTER="BCF_LEVEL_COUNTER";

public static void ShowPopup()

{

#if UNITY_IPHONE || UNITY_ANDROID

BCFAds.SDK.ShowPopup(bcfAppId);

RevMob fullscreen = new RevMob.Fullscreen(RevMob.SDK.currentActivity(), "MYIDHERE");
    fullscreen.show();

#endif

}

}

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  35. softrare

softrare

So has anyone gained real income from this yet?

36. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

Define "real income"

I have made 6 bucks, but thats still an eCPM 24.29. I put this in my Android release of Misu Misu Kaboom but have too small of an install base for it to make a real impact.

Have been considering releasing a free edition of the game for iOS to test there, where it's easier to reach an audience.

Edit:
    For reference, the same title also has AdMob and from that I have earned an epic $0.76. That's about 32x more effective than AdMob banners.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  37. sama-van

sama-van

Guy, do you also get the same error each time you compile?
    I need to delete the missed file each time... so boring :(....

38. psychicsoftware

psychicsoftware

I integrated this a few days ago, and it's only giving about €5.60 eCPM. Unfortunately the €10 guarantee is gone too, I was told by RevMob, despite it not being announced here as promised.

I was also told to display more ads to get a better eCPM, which doesn't make any sense to me. A user is not likely to click a higher percentage of ads if they're shown even more of them are they?

39. haggis

haggis

I have had this running on iOS for just over a week on one of my apps. I didn't know the $10 minimum eCPM had expired which explains why I'm only getting about $8 eCPM so far. Despite this I have received good support from Gui at RevMob so far and currently receiving a revenue of $50 - $80 per day.

If it carries on like this I'll be able to afford the upgrades to Unity 4 :)

40. AndroidApp

AndroidApp

41. blurededge

blurededge

Hmmm, the poster has one post in the forums, no actual published games, and his "blog" is all about Revmob with links to Revmob as his advertisers. Looks like a laughably poor and entirely slimy attempt by the people at Revmob to shill for their own product. This makes me seriously question the ethics of those in charge at Revmob and almost certainly means I will NOT be doing business with them. I have no problem with business plugging themselves, but they MUST be forthright about where that plug is coming from when they do it. I don't like people who try to deceive me. The fact that it was done so poorly is just insulting.

For those who like myself just got entirely turned off by Revmob, here are some alternatives that offer just as good or better eCPM as Revmob:

Playhaven

Chartboost

Adcolony

Flurry Video

Attn: Revmob: Being slimeballs will cost you more than it will gain you. You just took yourselves off my list of ad servers, and I suspect a few others.

42. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

@blurededge
    Go here to for the list of apps and a breakdown of advertising done by this particular developer

http://androidappprofits.com/category/income-reports/

I should note I am in no way affiliated with this developer nor with Revmob. I think your assessment of the situation is incorrect if you give the blog a more than cursory glance, there are many services being touted by this developer. Revmob appears to only be the latest monetization method this guy is into.

43. kootenay

kootenay

So why don't they respond to support requests via their website re Unity?

44. blurededge

blurededge

Luke,

You may well be right, but it's also possible you're just missing a few things I picked up on. I did explore his blog beyond a cursory glance, and to be fair, it does appear he's been in other things and has some apps on the marketplace. I went out and checked the apps referenced on his blog vs. stats on App Annie. The apps do exist and are all published by Beaded Robot Games. That's something, though in his blog this individual (calling himself "Steve") states the name of his company as OneZeroApps LLC, which is a bit odd, though not out of the realm of possibility he would publish his apps under a different name. However, it's much more odd that in his blog he offers:

"If you don't make money in your first 2000 impressions I will send you $5 cash. Just shoot me a screen shot of your account figures."

(See post dated 7/17/12)

This goes beyond the pail of an app developer who is excited about a new revenue stream. This strikes me as someone who has been co-opted to shill for Revmob. Especially since virtually every post by him after that is about how great Revmob is. Add to that the fact the major advertiser on his site is Revmob, and my spider sense still tingles. I think it is a key point that he only actually plugs one other advertising network, Leadbolt, who interestingly, also advertise on his site.
    Additionally, he has had one post ever, made on the day he joined the forum, and of course it is the one about Revmob. It still smells fishy to me; what can I say, I'm always suspicious of the one post wonder. You may be right, I may be wrong, I will certainly grant that. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.

Cheers! And be well!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  45. Luke-Houlihan

Luke-Houlihan

@blurededge,
    All very good info, I can definitely see where your conclusion came from. I agree that "Steve" seems to be a pretty slippery dude (reminds me of one of those SEO or get rich quick websites), I give revmob the benefit of the doubt and assume they have little or nothing to do with it, but that may just be because I use their service. (Biased)

@kootenay
    I have had two exchanges with revmob for unity technical support and both times the CEO himself responded immediately. Did you use the form through the website?

46. kootenay

kootenay

Yup via their website... No replies also via their thread on unity. .

47. haggis

haggis

Just a quick update from me..... I've had one of my apps running with RevMob for a month now and all looking good so far. I'm not getting $50 eCPM but I am getting over $10 eCPM per day which is better than anyone else I have used in the past.

Support was good and quick when I needed it (I just sent emails directly).

The only concern I have now is getting paid - lets hope they are more professional than Mobclix when it comes to paying!

48. blurededge

blurededge

Keep us posted on how it goes haggis; that info will go along way to either establishing or repudiating their credibility.

49. RevMob

RevMob

Hi guys,

I know many of you are already aware of this, but just wanted to state that our $10 eCPM guarantee promotion is no longer in place. Still, this shouldn't be a problem as many of our developers are seeing eCPMs above this level!

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Thanks,
    RevMob team

50. Laydan

Laydan

Hi,

Do you guys know how to use RevMob listeners for iOS?? I am receiving the follow error message even if I attach the RevMobEventListener.cs to my Game Object.

"SendMessage: object RevMobEventListener not found!"

Thanks!