Search Unity

[1.0.6] Rolling Public Beta Released on Android Play Store

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Gokuofuin, Jan 30, 2016.

?

On a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is 'SOOOOO BAD' and 5 is 'AMAZING' what do you think of my first game

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

42.9%
  3. 3

28.6%
  4. 4

28.6%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

RESERVED

3. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Hey guys we really need some more people to test the game, so pretty please can you do that?

Did I mention that you get a exclusive google play achievement for being a Beta Tester ? Well you do :D

4. jister

jister

hey gameplay looks fun... but it sure hurts the eyes atm :)
    Don't think the realistic textures is the way to go.
    ps: signed up.
    btw where do we leave feedback?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Gokuofuin likes this.
  5. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Hey Jister

Thanks so much for the feedback, if you would find more things you would like to chat about then you can leave feedback here

I would appreciate it a lot! :)

6. jister

jister

hey Gokuofuin,
    first of all is you're asking quite much asking to register an account and all to do you a favour...
    but then if you do please make sure it works, i just spend 20 min trying to get in. the site never sends an email, not even when using "forgot password" and yes i checked my spam :)
    don't know if i wanna try again, so i could leave my feedback here if you don't mind it being public...

EDIT: ok so 30 min later i get 3 mails... :) but following the reset password link just takes me to the site and asks for username and email and says it has send a confirmation link... which seems to never arrive. I also still didn't receive the first confirmation link but i did get the reset mails...
    I think I'll leave it at that for the time being :)

7. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

How strange, let me check it out and Ill get back to you. No idea why that would not be working. :S Sorry about that.

EDIT: Duno why yours didn't work but its not the site, I just created a new user from start to finish and it took me about 2mins including the email? I could make a video of it if that helps but other than that I duno? The email sent to you first should give you the link to reset your password which will 'set' your password for your login.

Were you using a Gmail email?

8. jister

jister

Yes I used a gmail account. I do get the reset mails, and if i follow one i get "a confirmation link has been send" but i never get the confirmation mails... I'll try it again tomorrow.

9. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

So strange..... send me an email with your address and I will set your password temporarily for you then you can login and try change it from the inside.

info@dantecampbell.org

10. jister

jister

ok so i finally got in. :)
    I think the problem is that it just takes to long between registering and receiving the confirmation mail.
    Maybe you should make a guest account for people who want to leave some feedback on your game...

Gokuofuin likes this.
  11. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Unfortunately that would not give me any control over who gets to post using that account, I mean I had to turn off comments on the blog section because we get so much spam there, an open account would be disastrous :D

However I will periodically check the emailing service to ensure it is sending emails in a reasonable amount of time.

Glad you got it sorted! :)

12. jister

jister

so now the feedback link is broken :-(
    anyway my feedback was...
    - shorten your logo intro
    - I never liked on screen controllers, because half of the time you're swiping yourself out of the game. if you use it make it so it is never docked at the side where the "Home" and "Back" buttons are. I would rather go accelerometer or put the controller where the player taps on the screen and make it smaller with more sensitivity.
    - it crashes sometimes 10 to 20 second into the game, but not always. So i didn't play that long. as far as level 2
    Screenshot_2016-02-05-12-43-44.png
    - also i didn't get through the schield things in level 2 and didn't have a clue if the effects were suppose to help me or sabotage me. In the case of shrinking it did help to get through the narrow maze, so does that mean effects are always helpful? how could a slowdown be helpful or leaving behind these dark clouds?
    (and i didn't read ALL the text in between... maybe try changing that into infograms and drawings with minimum text)
    - and last but not least, it's very ugly now, make it pretty :) (don't go for realistic imo). It's misses an overall aesthetic or design like your main screen has everything squeezed together near the bottom...?
    Screenshot_2016-02-05-12-52-48.png

Good luck,
    J.

Gokuofuin likes this.
  13. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Awwww Which link specifically so I can check it out?

Thank you so much anyway for trying so hard, it really is appreciated! I hope to be able to take all that feedback and make some really great improvements to the game! :D

Just to tell you some spoilers:
    The purple power-up increases your weight so you can break the glass you ride over when you get through the first panels you were at in your first screenshot. However since you need speed to break the first panels you shouldn't get purple until you have broken the first panels.
    Blackness give you immunity to the slowing effect of the black fog poison, which would otherwise slow you down if you go there without immunity.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  14. jister

jister

the link you posted above. Comes out at:
    Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 13.43.37.png

15. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Aw bananas.... I just checked it with the testing account, it seems I had the permissions for the whole overarching forum incorrect,,,, :( Feel like such a retard now....

EDIT: Just found out the auto role assigning thing of bbPress was not working and didn't assign your roles correctly, so I have assigned them but I also turned on anonymous posting for the moment until I get that fixed. :( Sorry

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  16. jister

jister

no problem, if you have an update I'm happy to test it again.

Gokuofuin likes this.
  17. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

I put your feedback on the forum just in case I forget to check unity :D Thanks so much man!

18. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Hey guys, with the release of 1.0.3 version the Rolling Store is active now and you can try it out. All beta testers should be able to buy stuff without spending money since they are test purchases. However this is not confirmed.

Here is the video for the tutorial of how to use the Rolling Store

19. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Rolling BETA 1.0.4

• Added Level 6 which will test your precision in control
    • Added ‘Buy with Coins’ option to the Rolling Store to prevent buying with coins if you choose not to
    • Added Special Easter Eggs now into game which can be found if you check everywhere, it will give you a power called FLUX. Once you have enough FLUX then you will be able to unlock something amazing!
    • Updated Interstitial adverts to be disabled as well if you purchase a subscription (updated on the subscription pictures to follow)
    • Updated optimization across all levels to speed up performance on weaker devices by removing unnecessary things such as shadows and dynamic lighting for things which do not need it
    • Updated controller to be able to have either on-screen touch controller or fixed joystick controller, you can modify the option inside the settings menu
    • Fixed abilities showing at the level end and possibly being used after the level is already finished

20. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Rolling BETA 1.0.6

• Added Level 7 in game
    • Added Level 8 in game
    • Added Level 9 in game
    • Added Special Easter Eggs into game
    • Added Option for Graphics Settings under Settings Menu
    • Updated Admob to Newer Version

To see full changes

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  21. Gokuofuin

Gokuofuin

Just a personal update from me (Dante) we are getting pretty close to finishing the final levels for Rolling and then the long anticipated public release 1.0. With this in mind I want to thank all the BETA testers in helping us find and diagnose the bugs that come with game development.

Also I would like to thank Jacques du Plessis, EJ Hill, Arno Hill & Denfred Bruintjies for there input and support in the creation process of this game. Your perspective and thoughts helped shape this game into something truly special.